[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is vegetable soup the ideal carb source when cutting? I made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Homemade-Vegetable-Soup.jpg (107 KB, 603x480) Image search: [Google]
Homemade-Vegetable-Soup.jpg
107 KB, 603x480
Is vegetable soup the ideal carb source when cutting?

I made a big pot with frozen mixed vegetables, frozen mirepoix, beef bouillon cubes and some tomato paste. Giant pot for under $3, and it's got a shitload of fiber, vitamins and nutrients. Plus, studies have shown that consuming broths and soups with lots of liquid aid in appetite suppression. The whole goddamn pot is only about 900 calories.
>>
File: soup.png (16 KB, 664x262) Image search: [Google]
soup.png
16 KB, 664x262
>>
Brehs..
>>
>>36984772
I do a lot of these, but they're generally more of a chili.

Diced tomatoes, black beans, green peppers, onions, jalapeno peppers, and some spices. boil for a while. It's pretty great.
>>
>>36984781
>store-bought mirepoix is a thing

wow.
>>
Is seafood chowder the idea crab source when cutting?
>>
>>36985061
It's actually cheaper than buying the individual ingredients, believe it or not. Comes in a giant frozen bag for about 2 bucks. Last me for months.
>>
>>36985146
i don't care about saving a few pennies. it's fucking degenerate. if you can't find a way to use up spare celery/carrot/onion before it goes bad then you should kill yourself.
>>
File: mean.png (68 KB, 481x772) Image search: [Google]
mean.png
68 KB, 481x772
>>36985182
>>
>>36985182
Buying it pre-made, for less than you'd buy it fresh, and using it as needed, keeping the remaining portions frozen for future use, is zero waste.

What the fuck are you talking about?

>Cars?!
>If you don't ride a horse, you're fucking degenerate
>>
>>36985257
Further more, the non-aesthetically pleasing vegetables, that normally can't be sold in markets because of absurd consumer preference, are the ones that are being diced up and used for these mixes. Use your head, you slack-jawed cretin.
>>
>>36984772
>Giant pot for under $3
If you didn't buy a pre-made soup, it would have costed you 50 cents. Fucking youngsters, when will they learn
>>
>>36984772
Soup for 3 dollars? And you still have to cook it?
And you feel really clever, ain't you?
>>
>>36984781
>Vegetable oil
No.
>>
>>36985481
>>36985442
>>36985575

It was a gallon of soup.

and there's nothing wrong with vegetable oil.
>>
>>36984772
i like turkey chili with beans. i could eat one pot for every meal that keeps me full and fed for a week.
>>
>>36985182
research shows that not only is frozen produce no worse than fresh, but it might actually be better for you in terms of how you adsorb the nutrients and number of antioxidants.
>>
>>36985731
I don't know about nutrient absorption, but frozen produce is generally frozen within 24 hours of harvest, whereas fresh produce might take over a week to arrive at a market, causing a decline in nutrient values
>>
>>36985742
that might be what it was.
>>
Yeah vegetable soup is great. if you have some extra cash try amy's chunky vegetable soup, shit is cash. It's what I try to model my homemade after.
>>
>>36985182
>Local man commits suicide, witnesses say he "had left over food in his refrigerator and did not know what to do with it"
>>
>>36985670
>one freedom unit of soup
that's like 3,78 litres? And you believe this makes any difference?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.