[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"That is achievable within a year of lifting"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1450943110154.png (149 KB, 553x548) Image search: [Google]
1450943110154.png
149 KB, 553x548
Why do people keep saying stupid shit like this all the time
>that body is easily achievable within a year of lifting
>you can easily get 1/2/3/4 within half a year of lifting

It's everywhere, was it /fit/ or bb.com or any other fitness related community there are people criticizing bodies and lifts while it's fucking obvious that there's only few here who can even lift 1/2/3/4 and even less that have aesthetic physiques

Are people just that delusional that they even lie to themselves to feel better?
Pic somewhat related, I bet one of you faggots think that you have a better physique than the guy in here and then go spouting out how you can achieve that body within 2 month of SS.
>>
On the internet, no one knows youre a dog.

Except me. I was benching 3 plates in 4 months.
>>
I always thought it's the result of dysmorphia - everything looks small to them.
>>
>>36984538
Some people can if they are gifted. They are basically talking shit to others
The average person wont get 1/2/3/4 in a year though
>>
>>36984538
First time I touched a barbell was mid January.

I ohp 135 x 4 reps
I bench 200 x 4 reps (I could have maybe got a fifth rep, but it would have been super sloppy)

Don't squat and rarely deadlift (muh artemus dolgin v-taper), and when I do deadlift, it is rarely heavy, but I hip thrust 315 x 6

If it had actually been half a year and I trained squat and diddly, I am sure 1/2/3/4 would be super attainable.

Also 5'9. Started at 178lb currently 185lb (and more vascular than ever before, still not as lean as I would like, but I will worry about abs when I am done with my novice routine)
>>
>>36986861
In things which didn't happpen, with /fit/
>>
>>36986861
you weigh 185lbs, a 135lb OHP is nothing at your weight.
>>
>>36988697
>>36986861

Well its the same for me.

I also started benching in january and i tried 200 for the first time today.
Could rep it 4 times at the END of my workout.

So defo possible.
>>
>>36986861
Not that anyone believes you but tbqh you should be able to lift decent weight, you're a fat dwarf
>>
>>36984538
people are just different, idk. depends if you did/didn't play sports before lifting, did/didn't eat a lot, etc.

the moment you start lifting isn't the moment you start building muscle. it's just the moment you start FOCUSING on building muscle

I played lineman in football in middleschool and highschool, so 225 squat the first time I touched a barbell was ez pz, worked up to 250 the second time I tried. but I genuinely had trouble benching 95 lbs. just a 3x5 was hard as fuck

probs just because I never really had to use chest much, and got some lanky arms, etc.

>inb4 you use your chest/arms in football

nah my man just da gripz and da legz is enuf
>>
I present to you "fake natties", the trend sweeping the nation!
>>
Something may be achievable within a year but the overwhelming majority of people will not get to it because their diet/training/etc is far from perfect during the first couple of years
>>
We tell you what is possible within a year but nobody will train or eat perfectly, so they don't reach it.
If I trained and ate the way I do now when I started I would have made much better progress.
>>
Its a meme bro. Like ss + gomad
>>
>>36988791
I am well under 20% be, and at a healthy bmi.
My upper abs are visible.

>>36988697
If pestered, I could probably be autistic enough to dig up the receipt from purchasing my barbell + weights (I live way out in the Alaskan wilderness, so driving 160 miles to the nearest gym was never really an option)

I was relatively strong by normie standards before ever having lifted, despite never really doing more than chopping wood.

>>36988777
Kek, I am a grown adult, shoo hungry skellingtom
>>
File: 093.jpg (45 KB, 358x429) Image search: [Google]
093.jpg
45 KB, 358x429
>>36984538
If you don't like the memes you can get out
>>
>>36984538
the average forum poster is
>a manlet
>insecure
>stupid

they see a body that's about as big as they were at 2 years of lifting, but half their bodyfat and 6 inches taller, then think about how shit their diet was and tell 140 lb skellies they'll be 190 at 10% in 5 months
>>
>>36984538
>>you can easily get 1/2/3/4 within half a year of lifting
The people who do that in one year already were fit, most of them already went to the gym regularly and just switched from bodybuilding to power lifting and think that still counts as "one year".
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.