[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see myself in certain mirrors >looking fucking thick and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 470x313
>see myself in certain mirrors
>looking fucking thick and juicy, nice definition
>I'm making it!!

>see myself in other mirrors and reflection
>look small and dyel as fuck

Fuck this gay earth
>>
File: 1450560589490.jpg (10 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1450560589490.jpg
10 KB, 300x186
same goes for me except it's mirrors and photos
looking good in most mirrors
try to take a picture and i look like the fucking grinch ...
>>
File: deadlift.gif (2 MB, 360x282) Image search: [Google]
deadlift.gif
2 MB, 360x282
same here. Looking good in the gym-mirror but back home.... full skelly mode. I hate my life. Am I ever gonna make it?
>>
For me it's less size and more proportions. In shorts and tank top I look fu kin decent. At home, naked in front of the mirror I look like a little refrigerator, and I'm not sure if some fat loss and bigger Lats will fix it.
>>
I own two gyms.

We use a wide mirror to give the illusion you're making progress.

Get suckered, cucks.
>>
>>36984152
That not how mirrors work. Now lighting on the other hand...

But I have a room in my house with overhead adjustable lighting and decent mirrors. And I still look shit naked, and I can't really test that in my gyms weight room now can I?
>>
>>36984152
>making progress

So you change the mirrors every week/month ?
>>
File: 1461254013983.png (37 KB, 1127x685) Image search: [Google]
1461254013983.png
37 KB, 1127x685
>9/10 face when looking in mirror
>5 or 6/10 when i tale pictures

Alright so what mental illness do i have guys?
>>
>>36984637
I have this one pretty hard.
Worst fucking thing senpai.
People even tell me I'm attractive, just offhand not because I ask them.
I can't figure out if they're just trying to be nice or its all in my head or what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>36983751
>Dropping the bar
3 reds lad
>>
>>36983283
>look in mirror, juicy and striated as fuark
>take photo, do i even lift?
>>
>>36983713
>>36984637
>>36985022

It's not mental illness, it's literally how mirrors work.
In every study ever conducted on the subject, subjects would rate themselves several points more attractive than others would when looking in a mirror, while the scores they assigned themselves were more comforming to the scores given by others when rating still pictures.

To make it short, pictures are what you really like, you uggo. The mirror is just a flattering illusion.
>>
>>36985084
So how do mirrors make you look more awesome? By that logic taking a mirror selfie would be the same as looking in the mirror but its not
>>
File: focal-length-comparison.jpg (430 KB, 1354x1508) Image search: [Google]
focal-length-comparison.jpg
430 KB, 1354x1508
>>36985169
>By that logic taking a mirror selfie would be the same as looking in the mirror but its not
No because camera lenses distort the image somewhat. Other factors come into play as well like lighting and the angle of the shot. Theres a reason professional photographers exist. They understand how to set up all these elements to bring out the best image of a person.
>>
>>36985169
I think it's related to still images vs moving images. If you are not lean enough, your definition will never be as apparent on a still image as it is when you move. But that would be against that other theory, that others rate you more like you rate yourself based on the pics.
>>
I like how I look in video and mirrors but want to get the rope out when I see a pic of myself
Mental illness is a hell of a drug
>>
>>36985565
life is more of a movie than a pic desu. So lucky you.
>>
File: uhh.jpg (25 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
uhh.jpg
25 KB, 600x335
>>36983283
>got a solid pump from pull day
>see shiny black car with tinted windows
>mire my pump, do a small posing routine
>something catches my attention
>focus on the inside of the car
>lady shakes her head, starts car and drives off
>tfw
>>
File: 1458838825015.jpg (58 KB, 486x649) Image search: [Google]
1458838825015.jpg
58 KB, 486x649
>Mirrors are an illusion.
>You need to use right lighting to look good.
>Camera lens distort your image.
>Tfw I'll never know how others actually see me.

Just die in my sleep.
>>
>>36985084
>>36985169
>>36985515
it's because you usually see yourself in a mirror, or you see your mirror image more than your photo'd image, so in your mind, your mirror image is how you look.
when you see your photo face, it's how others see you, but not how you see yourself. edit your photos by flipping them 180 degrees on the vertical axis and see if they feel more pleasing to look at.

tldr: you believe you are the mirror image of yourself, photos show the real you.
>>
File: 1458579191504.jpg (3 MB, 3000x4242) Image search: [Google]
1458579191504.jpg
3 MB, 3000x4242
>>36985669
>Mirrors are an illusion.
Unless you're staring into a funhouse mirror, standard mirrors will show you an accurate reflection.
>You need to use right lighting to look good.
No shit Sherlock. See pic related.
>Camera lens distort your image.
Yes. This applies to everyone though.
>Tfw I'll never know how others actually see me.
Refer to point one. Just look in a mirror. Get multiple and set them up next to each other so you can see yourself at all angles at the same time if you're that concerned about it.
Finally, just ask other people.
Are they mirin'? If yes then you're fine.
If not, lift more you pussy.
>>
>>36983283

>go out
>get hit on
>feel good
>self-esteem soaring
>go somewhere i don't get hit on
>don't feel good
>self-esteem crashing

how do you reach that inner sense of self-esteem famalams?

also side question

>girl who's in relationship is touchy entire party
>keeps 'accidentally' putting stuff near my groin and shit, leaning over me
>at the end says she wishes she could pull poly-amorous stuff every other week or something

this meant she wanted to fug or something but couldn't, rite?

how do i do that?
>>
>>36985765
>basing your SELF esteem on how OTHERS treat you
not gonna make it
>>
>>36985781

no shit dingo that's literally what the entire post was about

how do i not do that
>>
>>36985757
This. Its literally only about the 180° flip. Google Abraham Lincoln mirror and you'll get it. Don't worry, people see you as good looking as you see yourself, it's about getting used to it. Your imperfections are magnified when you're looking at a different angle of yourself. Try using triple mirror to flip your face and you'll be uglier.
>>
>>36985795
Realize that in the end only one opinion matters, yours. The true goal is being happy with who you are, then it won't mean dick what others think of you.
Even now why should you care if grill A likes you or not?
If she doesn't theres always grill B, C, XYZ, #523, etc.
Also she might not be into you because of a thousand other factors that have nothing to do with physical attraction.
You'll never know because you're not a mind reader. So why waste your time stressing out about it?
>>
How can you tell if a girl is insecure or not?

Like if I'm at the club with a bunch of people I know and want to single out the cute insecure girl, how do I spot her?
>>
>>36983283
>fuck this gay earth
If you look good sometimes and you look bad sometimes, should you feel neutral about this gay earth?
>>
>only look at my body post workout
>in my mind im making it, fuck reality
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.