[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a new routine /fit/, please critique I've done SS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: SS.jpg (684 KB, 1040x716) Image search: [Google]
SS.jpg
684 KB, 1040x716
I need a new routine /fit/, please critique

I've done SS for about a year and I feel it's done its job, I feel like my upper body is lagging too much though. I added chin ups and dips as accessories but it's not working. I'm 6'1", 185lbs, 2pl8 squat, 1pl8 bech. I know I'm not supposed to but I fucked with the program anyways

A: Bench press............3x5
Squat........................3x5
Weighted chin up...3x5

B: Power clean............3x5
Standing press........3x5
Deadlift....................1x5

I like lifts and the full body every other day structure so I can do cardio on the days inbetween like AcBcAxx BcAcBxx

What would you change?
>>
>6'1' 185 lbs
>cardio every other day

Shiggidy diggidy doo
>>
>>36983124
candito linear. free on his website
>>
>Fuck off power cleans.
>Add some accessories
>>
>>36983124
>year of SS
>those stats

Guess how I know you are lying.
And your setup is silly. Doing dl after pc is retarded, unless you are really focusing on improving the latter. Throw it away, increase dl to 3x5, add some rows (db would do best after dl). Feel free to add dips too.
>>
>>36983154
Currently reading thanks
>>
>>36983192
I've been trying to lose weight too, I lost at least 20 lbs fat

Also why is deadlift retarded after power cleans but not after squats?
>>
>>36983214
pcs use exactly the same muscles. Squats are far more quad dominant and less posterior chain/lower back demanding.
>>
How about this one

A: Bench press............3x5
Power clean............3x5
Weighted chin up...3x5

B: Squat........................3x5
Standing press........3x5
Deadlift....................1x5
Dips...........................3x5
>>
>>36983124
how are you 1pl8 bench after a year, could you even bench the bar before that?
>>
>>36983284
yea it was wobbly as fuck though lol, I switched to dumbell press a few months ago though so I honestly dunno my bench. I can lift the 65 db
>>
>>36983124
>I've done SS for about a year and I feel it's done its job
>1pl8 bench
>2pl8 squat
>6'1 185

Your stats should be way higher, you are nowhere near intermediate. Do SS but do it right this time
>>
>>36983329
don't wanna become a disproportionate fatass
>>
>>36983340
>fatass

since when does training increase body fat?
>>
>>36983340
I thought you meant eat what rip says when you said to do SS right

I'm trying to clean bulk now but my upper body is seeming more and more disproportionate
>>
>>36983347
>>36983371
oops wrong post
>>
>>36983321
Sounds like you had bad form man, watch some videos on SS exercise form corrections, then videotape yourself doing them and see whats wrong.
>>
>>36983371
It's not if you only squat 2pl8 and bench 1pl8. You are either a fatass or simply have wide hips. Or being paranoid about it.

Just post your body and show us what we're working with here.
>>
>>36983394
>>36983395
I don't think it's my form, I'll get my someone to take a video of my lifts though I've been meaning to do that

Yeah it might be genetics my hips are kinda wide but my shoulders are too, I'd still like to change my routine though to counter this. I can't post pics now but I'll this will probably be a work in progress for awhile I'll come back later with pics
>>
>>36983489
You should stop fucking around. You have entry level lifts after a year of training. If you are around 15% bf, don't worry about cutting. Only cut if you are over 20%.
You could switch routine if that makes you feel better (canditos mentioned above is pretty good, use the strength/hypertrophy variant), but don't delude yourself that you will quickly change the way you look. Try another 12 months of NOT fucking around this time and you might start thinking about something lagging or not, because at the moment you are just full blown dyel.
>>
>>36983124

SS is a meme. Its suboptimal for strength and horrible for bodybuilding.

Just google some PPL or UL routine. Coolcicada's PPL is a good option.
>>
>>36983529
Yeah I don't want to raise my bf%, and I'm not expecting to change how I look quickly
>>
>>36983574
Thanks, I agree as far as aesthetics go. I'm looking into them, most bodybuilding routines I've seen aren't full body every other day which is what's turning me off them
>>
tues

power clean 3x3
squat 5x5
ohp 5x5

thurs

front squat 3x3
bench press 1x5
arms

sat

squat 1x5
ohp 1x5
dl 1x5

sun

bench 5x5
rows 3x5
arms

5x5 done at 85-90% of 1x5. Been running this for a year or so and made great gains.
>>
>>36983574
>SS is a meme. Its suboptimal for strength and horrible for bodybuilding.

Gtfo
>>
>>36983574
Starting Strength. STARTING. STRENGTH. It's just that. It has never, NEVER, been purported as anything besides that. It's good enough for BEGINNERS (remember: starting) and should be used for a few weeks to a few months, depending on the individual's rate of adaptation. It's only that, nothing more.
>>
I like phat, I can't squat deadlier or barbell row but the lack of heavy ass lifting can be made up for with the volume work
>>
>>36983124
Wtf.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.