[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pretty unfit, 280 5'6-5'8 (i haven't checked height)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 1024x683
Pretty unfit, 280 5'6-5'8 (i haven't checked height) what would be better to look athletic, more lifts w/ no diet change or diet change/lifestyle with moderate excercise?
>>
>>36980848
The latter
>>
>>36980855
means change your shit diet you fucking fag and why can't you do both
>>
>>36980848
Why can you only do one thing? Diet is the most important, but get into the gym and lift like 4 times a week as soon as possible
>>
>>36980874
I'm just seeing what would be better, as an unfit person I'm slowly learning the whole thing. i wanted to ask those that might have done it before
>>
Going to the gym is the easiest part for most people excluding people with extreme social issues. Getting your diet in check is the most important, the gym wont do shit with a shitty diet, so start that right now because it's not easy.

That being said you should also go get a gym membership and start that right away too, but diet is still number 1.
>>
>>36980918
Other than the sticky what are some diet tips as being consistent with eating? Thanks for your help
>>
>>36980929
You can keep it simple. There is no need to be eating steamed chicken and broccoli every meal, don't try to do anything like that right out the gate because you wont last, small changes and build up or you might burn out and just give up.

Whats your height and weight?
>>
>>36980929

go for a 2-3 mile walk every day you fat fucking cow
>>
>>36980953
I'm op so 280 5'6-5'8
>>
>>36980962
Ok Thanks>>36980963
>>
>>36980963

yeah go for a jog or hop on the exercise bike you dumb fucking retard
>>
>>36980974
Ok thanks
>>
>>36980963
Oh yeah. I don't read shit.

Figure out your maintenance level of calories. There are a shit load of calculators around. Take the smallest result and eat around 500 - 1000 calories per day less than that number. It is literally impossible not to lose weight doing this.

>>36980962
Diet is by far more important. Look up how many calories an activity like that would burn. Fuck all is the answer, zero point if OP doesn't fix his diet.
>>
plz don't go for a jog. youre gonna fuck your knees up @ 5'8 280. Get on the bike, stair master, or swim. Just eat at a deficit and clean your diet up. I'm 5'9 and was the same height. I'm 160 now and my god it feels so much better.
>>
>>36980992

it's both. what is so hard about not drinking 2 liters of pepsi a day and stuffing your fat face with pizza and mcdonalds. just eat healthy shit and go jog every day and you lose weight. it's not exactly revolutionary diet.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 460x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 460x678
Start counting calories with an app on your phone and loose fat by creating a calorie deficit. Loose about 10-15kg then start weightlifting. You should gain muscle and be able to eat more while still being on a deficit. I did that, in the last 14 months I lost 59kg of fat and gained 10 of muscle. Cardio makes me super hungry and it's hard to control the diet when I do it, so I don't do much.
it's also key to enjoy yourself. it's not what you eat, it's mostly how much.
>>
>>36981007
It's hard to change when it's been a habit for years, for me it's usually 4 bowls of cereals and then some fast food, 4 hot dogs, 3 sandwiches, etc its something that's normal and since no one around me doesn't fuss about it I thought it was okay for a long time, but it's not easy to change because it is mostly a mental barrier,
>>
>>36981007
Obviously.

But just yelling at him to go for a jog or get on a bike is not gonna do shit. It needs to be drilled in that diet is what changes you, I see people every day who have been working out for as long as I have, they go hard too, but they're still fat.

You should be exercising. But diet should be a priority.
>>
>>36981002
Thanks!
>>
>>36981002
Thanks! I didn't think of focusing on my diet solely first.
>>
>>36981044
>>36981069
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.