[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it acceptable to do OHP in the squat rack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1457691602298.jpg (23 KB, 315x365) Image search: [Google]
1457691602298.jpg
23 KB, 315x365
Is it acceptable to do OHP in the squat rack?
>>
only if you're wearing basketball shorts and sip water between sets
>>
>>36977088
Dude you shouldn't even be squatting in the squat rack
>>
>>36977098
Literally me.
>>
>>36977088
if you can't clean that 95 lbs onto your shoulders than you need to reevaluate your time in the gym senpai
>>
>>36977098
>>36977140
Literally every single person on this board.
>>
>>36977088
My Gym has one rack, and one bar to go with it.

I OHP, Deadlift and everything else there. As does everyone else.

If there are other options, you shouldn't do it if there's a chance you're blocking other people. Dumbells are fine.
>>
I thought that's where you are supposed to do it
>>
>>36977088
Squat rack yes. Power Rack no.
>>
>>36977143
I use 165 for sets of 5
Never trained pc, so my power clean looks like violent pronated-heat curl
>>
File: 1360347179644.jpg (41 KB, 411x390) Image search: [Google]
1360347179644.jpg
41 KB, 411x390
>squat rack
>ohp
it's called squat rack for a reason you autist
you do ohp in the ohp rack
>>
>>36977287
In all honestly, when the weight gets heavy its ok to use a squat rack
BUT
If your gym has less than 4 dedicated power / squat racks I'd say learn to do a proper clean and go from there
Id also venture to say having a 165 for 5 press and a nonexistent power clean is pretty shameful senpai
>>
File: 1461634903625.jpg (48 KB, 960x533) Image search: [Google]
1461634903625.jpg
48 KB, 960x533
>>36977299
Kek
>>
>>36977359
The only barbell my gym has is in the power rack. I have the choice between OHP in the power rack and making the power rack useless while I OHP in the middle of the fucking floor.
>>
>>36977690
What kind of bumfuck gym only has one barbell? Can't you snag one from one of the benches?
Either way I'd say try and do it outside the powerrack
>>
>>36977756
>benches

No. There is a power rack. There is nothing else. Just cardio stuff, machines, dumbbells, and a smith machine.

I am one of 4 people in my gym that uses the power rack. I literally never have to wait for it. It's fucking awesome.
>>
I do it in the power rack. Partially because if i do it in the middle of the floor you can bet your ass some dumb bitch is going to walk fucking under the bar or something equally stupid. With fitness club gyms, the power rack is as much a safety margin as it's a rack.
>>
>>36977765
Whelp, its fine there I guess
But at any other gym with more than one barbell you really should just try and clean it.
>>
>>36977779
Okay great thank you for telling me it's okay now I know it's okay.
>>
OHP is the worst exercise ever created. I swear, the only reason it's even included in the big 4 is because of the high chance of injury like the other 3. At least the other 3 has you focusing on big muscle groups, but the OHP is just fucking shoulders.

Why completely wreck your shoulders with a meme exercise when you can easily get better gains doing delt raises and shrugs? Its so fucking retarded to me.
>>
>>36977833
>just fucking shoulders
>muh injury
>wreck your shoulders
Hows your first 3 months liftin bud?
Make sure you read up on how to properly do a fucking OHP before you fuck up your rotator cuff like an idiot
>>
>>36977088
>those are the same people that do calf raises in the leg press machine
>>
>>36977822
Well what were your other options really? Were you really going to start taking the only bar out of the squat rack to OHP just cause a couple of faggots on an online image forum told you so?
>>
>>36977867
Of course not I was making fun of this stupid meme.
>>
>>36977867

Bro stop fucking using common sense and reason. We're here to fucking meme not to talk.
>>
>>36977884
If you wanna meme just head over to like the 20 other bait / newfag threads
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.