[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this program any good? I'm in skelly mode right now and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: XbsMMJU-1.jpg (81 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
XbsMMJU-1.jpg
81 KB, 547x465
Is this program any good? I'm in skelly mode right now and am bulking and I don't want to fall for the SS meme
>>
>>36974262

That's essentially SS.
>>
>>36974262
Swap skull rushers for lying tricep extensions. Do them on days you press and curls in days you bench. Once you read this message close the tab and don't come back for a few months. Certainly don't read this thread anymore.
>>
>>36974262

That's what I started on. I loved it. A little more upper body focused than SS which would have been my other option.

The real Phrak's Greyskull doesn't have the accessories on there you just add them yourself but that's not a big deal at all.

If it looks good to you I would go for it.
>>
>>36974262
It's fine. Just remember to eat enough to gain a pound a week or so and don't worry about your abs disappearing.
>>
>>36974276
Haha good man that
>>
>>36974311
OK got it thanks
>>
>>36974276
We'll this one doesn't have you squat 3x a week so I won't go into trex mode
>>
OP here. How long should rest times be
>>
>>36974405
Well you could always read the book
>>
>>36974519
It's all DE breh - as long as you need with the program
>>
>>36974605
What does DE mean?
>>
>>36974405
you still squat 2 times a week senpai
>>
>>36974519
As long as it takes to lift your 5rm again.
3-8 minutes, usually
>>
>>36975088
Not if you alternate squats and hip thrusts
>>
>>36974276
Correct, but ss isn't actually a meme.

Gslp is more balanced between lower and upper body, though.

>>36974262
Remove the arm isolations from this routine.

Trust me. At least remove the tricep work, or you press progression will suffer.

Also don't curl on chin up days (or better yet: ever)
>>
>>36974262
Read
>>36974999
>>
>>36975210
Quit talking out of your ass. A few curls isn't going to impede progress on The Press and neither are some skullcrushers.

Just make sure you do the compounds first in your workout OP.
>>
>>36975471
Curls won't fuck up your presses, but tricep work will fuck up tricep recovery.

Ohp and bench is more than enough for novices.

Curls won't hurt except for weakening your chin up, maybe, but they also won't help.

If you can bench 2pl8, press 1pl8, and chin up 1pl8 for reps, your arms will be proportional to the rest of your tiny muscles.

T. Someone who wanted small arms to accentuate delt size, but ended up with proportional arms.

I honestly think it is impossible to develop your chest and shoulders without having developed tris.

Same goes for having a developed back without bis
>>
File: Greyskull LP.png (37 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull LP.png
37 KB, 700x600
>>36974262

This is better
>>
>>36974262
This is way better than SS. I prefer pullups to chin-ups but that's your choice.
>>
>>36974262
Why are you alternating between biceps and triceps? Just do them both on the same day. You're not going to overtrain your arms with 6 sets of triceps and biceps a week, if anything it's going to give more growth than only 4.
>>
>>36975594
>Curls won't fuck up your presses, but tricep work will fuck up tricep recovery.

2 sets of skull crushers is NOT going to fuck with your progress, maybe if you have the genetics of an old lady, but the majority of people will be able to recover in 48 hours with that low of a volume. 48 hours is more than enough to recover from 3 sets of OHP/BP + 2 sets of triceps work.

>If you can bench 2pl8, press 1pl8, and chin up 1pl8 for reps, your arms will be proportional to the rest of your tiny muscles.

3 sets of BP/OHP, 3 times a week, is not enough on its own to stimulate great triceps growth. Have you seen people who do SS with no accessory work? Their arms look just as DYEL after many months of lifting, even people who do brosplits right off the bat have better results when it comes to arm development.

>I honestly think it is impossible to develop your chest and shoulders without having developed tris.

Have you taken a look at some of the SS victims out there?
>>
>>36976138
Show me a pic of someone with a chest and no tris, or a back and no bis.

You don't understand, nigger. I intentionally avoided training arms, and them fuckers still grew larger than I wanted them to.

You are pressing and pulling hundreds of pounds through your arms, them fucks are going to have to grow.

Also, everything can fuck with progression, especially towards the end of your linear gains.

Even a set of push ups can throw your recovery off.

This is why periodization is a thing that exists
>>
>>36976204
>You are pressing and pulling hundreds of pounds through your arms, them fucks are going to have to grow.

But will they grow to their max potential, though? I don't see why he shouldn't at least train triceps if he is not having any problems with progressive overload for his main lifts. And then if down the line he is starting to have problems he can remove the tris. I think it's much smarter to see what he can handle first and not make the assumptions that he cannot.
>>
>>36976251
If your triceps aren't growing as fast as possible alternating press and bench, you aren't pressing enough weight.

Overdeveloped biceps are unaesthetic (curlbro look), and you can always do curls AFTER your novice routine.

Doing tricep work is 100% unnecessary, but if it doesn't fuck with your progression, then whatever.

The importantest thing is just to keep adding weight to the bar
>>
>>36976251
I agree. If I start to notice progression slow down I will cut out tricep work.
>>
I do that routine but I also added these accessories which I alternate depending on day:
calf raise/legpress calf raise
straight bar curl/incline curl/preacher curl
lying triceps extension/cable triceps pushdown
planks/abwheel/some ab machine but planks every time
pushups until i can do 50 then dips
I don't progress on them like with main lifts and don't push myself necessarily to failure so it doesn't interfere with main lifts.
>>
File: 1461631441178.jpg (42 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1461631441178.jpg
42 KB, 604x604
>>36976204
>even a set of push ups can throw your recovery off

kek
>>
>>36976360
Also might add lateral raises, do I have enough shoulder work? BP 2 times a week and pushups on off day seems enough for chest, but chest is like the most lagging muscle I see on all the progression pics etc
>>
I would do 3x8 dumbbell incline bench instead of tricep extensions. All about dat chest senpai.
>>
>>36976454
Lat raises are essential, the medial delts get totally get totally left out of other shoulder movements
>>
Needs more squats - 2x/week has been shown to be sub-optimal. You can maintain on it but I wouldn't expect serious development unless you're a rank amateur.

>>36975210
Ignore this person

>>36976204
>Show me a pic of someone with [...] a back and no bis
literally any Olympic weightlifter, me included

>this is why periodization is a thing that exists
you're using that completely out of context, periodization is completely irrelevant here since it is an overtly linear program.

Curls and tricep extensions absolutely will not induce enough systematic metabolic fatigue to impede long-term progress, especially in a novice. Rather, they'll strengthen connective tissues and stabilise joints which, otherwise, would be prone to injury in heavy compound movements.
>>
>>36976494
>>36976454
Just as a consideration, face pulls use mid delts and are great for shoulder health. Obviously not as much mid delt work as raises though.
>>
>>36976561
This is good, face pulls are great for rear delts and a whole bunch of under-used scapular retractors. They're always an easy addition to your rows/chins - supersets of Face Pulls and supinated rows are great for some shoulder health as well as hypertrophy
>>
>>36975166
You can also just hip thrust on A an B with the full program and accessories.
>>
Thanks guys, I'll add both raises and pulls on different days for more shoulder hypertrophy work.
Anything else I should add for chest, besides bpress and pushups?
>>
>>36977094
Adding triceps and curls is enough, you don't want to add way too much volume or your lifts will stall for sure. Bench press is enough chest work for a novice who is trying to get stronger, so don't add any more.

If you add another chest exercise there is a good chance that you'll exhaust the muscle to a point where it will need another 24 hours of rest to recover, which doesn't work in a full body workout.
>>
For greyskull should I do chinups or neutral grip?
>>
>>36977519
Yes, I started with regular but my elbow would hurt from it so I switched to neutral. Don't think it matters much in the end as long as you do them
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.