[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people stay fat, /fit/? Seriously, I don't understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: fat genes.jpg (174 KB, 634x1042) Image search: [Google]
fat genes.jpg
174 KB, 634x1042
Why do people stay fat, /fit/?

Seriously, I don't understand it.

More or less everybody (in developed countries, anyway) has access to the internet, and thus access to almost all of human knowledge.

Everybody, presumably, understands (at least at a basic level) that the universe is underpinned by certain physical, mathematical laws, and that everything that happens is caused by something else. They must therefore, surely, understand that being overweight is caused by something, and if they would exercise even a tiny bit of effort and google 'what causes obesity' or 'what causes weight gain' they would find out very quickly that it is the result of a long-term positive energy imbalance.

Knowing this, and professing a desire to lose weight, why do they not simply immediately and permanently adjust their behaviour to eliminate that energy surplus and lose weight until such a time as they reach a healthy weight, whereupon they maintain energetic equilibrium?

Why don't they just fucking do this, /fit/?

Are they just too stupid to realise that being overweight has a cause?

Are they too disinterested to google what that cause is?

Are they too lazy to change their behaviour to achieve their goals?

Or do they simply not even want to lose weight?

I just don't get it.
>>
>>36974076
>Are they too lazy to change their behaviour to achieve their goals?

Yes
>>
Fatass here (6 ft, 230), I can diet and lose weight no problem, problem is funding right now - closest gym is 30 miles away, got no car or public transport, and can't afford home equipment - I'm stuck at body weight workouts.
>>
>>36974076
Because "food is yummy"

And being fat fucks up your body and brain and gut and wants to persist.
>>
>>36974076
They probably don't care

Other people want other things, autisto
>>
You answered all your questions. They're too lazy to improve themselves, so you know what they do? They make up bullshit, and create things like fat acceptance because they can't handle the fact their bodies are repulsive.
>>
>>36974094

You need to do literally zero exercise in order to lose weight. The only thing you have to do is eat less: this requires no funding, and will even save you money if you continue eating the same foods.

Stop making excuses you miserable worthless fatass.
>>
>>36974094
Just eat less for now then, quit making excuses. You'll save money on food.
>>
Don't ask stupid questions. The answer is obvious: it's easy to be a lazy glutton.
>>
I get it.

I inadvertently had a cheat day today. I ate an entire pizza.

An entire Domino's Pizza doesn't even really fill me up, but it's still 1600 calories. That's what a manlet eats in a day.

Even though the rest of the day was pretty healthy (beans and eggs for breakfast, stir fry for lunch), I still ended up at around 3000 calories which is just barely a deficit for me.

Now, back in the old days? When I was working sixty hours a week and didn't have the energy to cook and was constantly stressed? I would eat six doughnuts for breakfast, a quarter pounder with fries for lunch, drink energy drinks and have a large pizza and a small tub of icecream when I got home each night. At a guess I'd say that's around a 5000 calorie day, but it tasted fucking good and I always felt amazing when stuffing a cinnamon doughnut into my mouth.
>>
I'm not sure man I'm really not, I grew up overweight and ended up at about 210 5'8 at 17 and up until then I had occasionally thought about it but I was more concerned with playing vidya and chilling.

I believe you need to have a "moment" in your life which pushes you over the edge which makes you look inside yourself for greatness and change, I can remember exactly my moment I can remember how it felt, the exact words, I can remember the smell of the air, hanging out with two female friends when one of them informs me my girlfriend is cheating on me, "Once a few months ago and once while you were on your cruise with your family" and I remember going home that night and thinking is that what people think of me? someone to be used, taken advantage of and disrespected? The pain was immense and her being my first girlfriend was not helping but I found myself applying at a gym a week later.

Today I sit in my room almost 3 years from that event and when I look back on that day it is not one of sadness, of loss, of suffering, it was a day of glory and the best day of my life, I've skipped maybe 5 gym days since then and I'll never stop improving, I'm 10x then man I was then physically and mentally.

My point is most people don't harness their moment and look within themselves, some people never have a moment maybe they are content with a life of being sub par, they blame other people, say they couldn't have done anything, wallow in their own sadness, if you have sadness and pain in your life that you cannot get out of your mind then good, think about it every day as it fuels you towards glory, the day comes when you can sleep peacefully and reap the fruits of your labour, trust me
>>
File: fat genetics 1.jpg (541 KB, 1450x2048) Image search: [Google]
fat genetics 1.jpg
541 KB, 1450x2048
One thing that I encounter an awful lot is emotional baggage related to losing weight.

Why? What good is getting emotional going to do?

It's a physical process. How you feel makes no difference; all that matters is what you do.

Why get emotional about mathematics?
>>
>>36974460
>Why get emotional about mathematics?

I dunno
When I tried teaching me mom how to weigh her food and count calories she kind of dreaded it because it made her paranoid with the numbers

Me on the other hand I like numbers it's the one thing I can trust
>>
>>36974217
Obliterated. Being poor as an excuse for being fat? What in the actual fuck?
>>
>>36974076
IQ mostly

People are too dumb to lose fat. That is why niggers and other minorities who are dumber, also have higher obesity rates.
>>
People will do literally anything to try to lose weight except eat less.
>>
>>36974094
piece of fat shit.
>>
>>36974460
That fat bitch has got a fucking nerve to smile at the camera like that.
>>
>>36974764
Eh honestly, I doubt she says she's fat cause of genetics and she's clearly doing what she loves so let her be

Sometimes I kind of wish I could lose all shame and spend all day just binge eating too. I've been craving cake for weeks now
>>
>>36974764
poor camera, it's seen some shit.
>>
>>36974303
Quality post, anon. You're right about needing an epiphany in order to take action. You have to find the motivation within yourself. No one can do it for you.
>>
>>36974076
this same thread is on /pol/ right now
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.