[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT Musclearmbird edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: tumblr_mptusqzrlW1s6z0sfo2_500.jpg (30 KB, 461x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mptusqzrlW1s6z0sfo2_500.jpg
30 KB, 461x370
I dislocated my shoulder at a concert last night. I popped it back into place immediately but it still hurts today.

How soon can I start lifting again?
>>
File: 691.jpg (101 KB, 250x761) Image search: [Google]
691.jpg
101 KB, 250x761
>>36973723
More info: I have full range of motion today, but with pain.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (371 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
371 KB, 1920x1200
>>36973723
A while, it depends really. Letting your body heal is more important then going to the gym. If you dont rest it could lead to a serious injury that will fuck you for the rest of your life. Be smart, take a break to heal, maybe see a doctor for their opinion.
>>
You need to see a doctor. Becuse some nerves can be trapped in between the shoulder. When my shoulder was dislocated my nerves got caught and i did heavy damage to them. And when you are training your shoulders just do rehab shit for atleast a month
>>
File: birds_with_arms99999999957.jpg (19 KB, 400x277) Image search: [Google]
birds_with_arms99999999957.jpg
19 KB, 400x277
>>36973874
I'm taking ibuprofin and icing it. I won't lift until it feels better.

Am I looking at days? weeks? months? Anything else I can do to help it?
>>
>>36973723
go to a doctor just for a consultation, it may take one or two weeks if you don't move your arm
my question:
i have a real hard time to grow my arms, like i lift for 1 year and 3 months, and my arms didn't grow like the rest of my body, i'm lifting 5 or 6 times a week, chest/triceps - back/biceps - shoulders/legs - ches/tri - back/bi - shoul/leg.
would it work to do biceps and triceps two days in a row? like, add biceps to chest/triceps day and triceps to back/biceps day
>>
File: 8f4.jpg (45 KB, 370x559) Image search: [Google]
8f4.jpg
45 KB, 370x559
>>36973908
>>36973925
>>36973908
The pain is only moderate today and it doesn't hurt constantly. I'll see a doctor next week if I feel no improvement.
>>
My bench sucks
I've been doing SS and Greyskull for almost 4 months and my bench is still at lmao1pl8 x5
I'm already doing dumbbell bench press, wat else do?
>>
>>36973933
just be careful the first time the shoulder dislocates u need a 100% recover or else it will be shit for the rest of your life. Just like mine
>>
How does this look like? Homegym

ADJUSTABLE DUMBBELL-ONLY WORKOUT PLAN

Running (or any cardio): xxxRxRx
Lifts: xABxxAB

A
planks 3x45"
hanging leg raises 3x10
superman 3x45"
weighted pushups (neutral - close - wide grip) 3x10
dumbbell flyes 3x10
lateral raises 3x10
dumbbell skullcrushers 3x10

B
pullups 3x10
chinups 3x10
dumbbell row 3x10
curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
dumbbell incline bends 3x10
dumbbell upright row 3x10
>>
>>36973913
About a month would be best, health>gainz. But dont trust me, im just a guy on a Iranian leaf collecting form
>>
>>36973723
Does anyone know any UK supermarkets that sell the /fit/ type of oats? (pinhead/steelcut) I've not been looking very carefully for them, but whenever I've passed through shit like Aldi, all I can find is fucking porridge oats.
>>
>>36973944
Try DB flies?
>>
>>36973723
Nigger, you don't even know how bad it is. Could be a couple months. Could be a couple years. Could be never if you let that shit heal on it's own. Joint dislocations are serious injuries. See an MD.
>>
>>36973944
Just do bench press and eat, lanklet.
>>
>>36973959
Fine for a curlbro.

http://livehealthy.chron.com/starting-strength-dumbbells-4203.html
>>
>>36974109

Quaker is fine, they are in most UK supermarkets
>>
>>36974109
They're also known as "Irish oats." They should be next to the regular oats at your grocer's.
>>
How do I seperate the no homo 'mirin bros from the yes homo please breed my slutty ass bros at the gym?
>>
>>36974273
The ones who want to breed your ass will touch you.
>>
>>36974376
Sounds like thoracic outlet syndrome.

This might help:
https://www.painscience.com/articles/spot-04-scalenes.php
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Halp.
2013 I stopped lifting because I had constant pins and needles in my left arm.
Started again in 2015, stopped again because of pins and needles in left arm.

2016 started again and the pins and needles are back. Saw doc, told to rest and take antinflammatories, and told to go back if it persists for a month.

I want to lift again. But I'm afraid of permanent damage. Am I being a pussy or sensibly cautious?

Should I ignore these pins and needles and continue to lift regardless?
>>
>>36974403
NAC and Glutamine suppliments.
>>
File: 1461783581206.png (879 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
1461783581206.png
879 KB, 800x700
Anon who made the other QTDDTOT here

>I apologize, someone sage the piss out of the other one, I did a search and there was no thread until AFTER I write out my post.

Anyway, I sling around an 8lb sword for fun, and I worried I'm doing damage to my rotatory cup. Any supplements/strictly shoulder workouts that don't require equipment? Help!
>>
>>36974398
Thanks dude. I deleted my post because of lack of muscle arm bird.
>>
>>36974463
You didn't make the last thread friend :)
>>
>>36974463
You'll be fine.
>>
>>36974536
What about extended periods of work? I'll do some drills with the damn thing and my shoulders let me know 'hey fucktard, chill'. Could I even go heavier?

5'4, 140, and I curl 30 lb weights last time I went to my friends house? I have no idea how to measure strength here.
>>
>>36974578
Depends what you mean by that. Is it just an ache like you might get from running up a hill hard, or is it a sort of pinching/tearing pain? The former just means you suck. The latter means you're broken and should google "shoulder prehab" and pick a few exercises.
>>
>>36974640
Its weird kind of pain, not an ache or pinch/tearing, as I have had both happen in other circumstances. (sometimes at the same time! woo.)

Thanks for the info, studying up my shoulder anatomy and shoulder workouts
>>
16% bodyfat. How much bodyfat can I hope to lose in a month while trying to retain most of muscle mass? How about 20% bodyfat? Or 13%?

Also as a rule of thumb people say to lose around 1-2 lbs per week to keep muscle. Lyle mcdonalds with rapid fat loss says to lose a lot more while maintaining muscle. Is the first statement true or what?
>>
>>36974743
Depends. If you exercise and eat a fuckton of protein, like 2.4-3.4 g/kg lean mass (about double the usual recommendation), you might be able to put on muscle during a cut.

You'll probably not get much below 10% without special efforts like carb cycling and drugs.
>>
This seems the place to post this, I was at the gym yesterday and my jaw felt tight like when you open it the maximum amount and it felt tight like after a night of molly couldn't open it maximum, I was stretching it and fucking with it for a few minutes in the gym, closed my mouth and the right side of my jaw popped really loud, almost like popping a bag of chips, it was so fucking weird I giggled like a little kid for like 20 seconds after. My jaw felt great after though, no tightness or weird feeling anymore although it was a bit sore.

What the fuck was that and why did it happen, felt great after but I've never had that happen
>>
>>36974403
Pins and needles in your limbs, is this not a blatant spinal disc issue?
>>
What exactly is clean bulk? Just eating healthy food on a +500 surplus? Or a slower bulk like +300?
>>
>>36974829
TMJ disorder?

>>36974880
"Clean" means you don't eat junk food.
>>
>>36974853
To in the UK see a rheumatologist/ neurologist you have to go through the GP (family doctor) and wait for a referral.

My GP has told me to wait a month and see if it subsides. Do you reckon I should go back for a second opinion?

I am concerned about a herniated disk.

However, do have discomfort in my shoulder joint, and believe the origin of the nerve irritation could be here.
>>
Should I just an hero? I don't think lifting will get me out of this hole
>have serious body issues through out life
>never fit in with anyone
> decide by high school I would speak as little as possible until I was presentable
>try to get fit
>fail miserably by mid hs on both accounts
>find out everyone thought I was a sex freak 2 years out
>still a virgin
>still hated

My only other option is to gtfo. I'm getting slim but here is fucked like everything else.

That or do you guys know how to not be an asshole?
>>
>>36974880
>>36974903
I considered clean bulk to be 1. Not eating junk food and , 2. Eating a controlled calorific surplus, paying attention to macros, that is enough to increase weight without putting on too much fat.
>>
is falling for the powdered jew worth it?
I had some free samples I really enjoyed but I'm not convinced yet.
Me and my gf only eat meat like twice a week so I'm not sure about my protein intake.
>>
>>36974978
That's a strict bulk.

>>36974956
Yeah, being a social outcast sucks. Make some friends.

>>36974984
1.2-1.7 g/kg lean mass. Double if you're cutting. How you get there doesn't really matter that much.
>>
I have heard that exercise might contribute to insomnia. I never have this problem when I lift weights. However, I have trouble sleeping if I did cardio that day. Is there an explanation for this?

I used to have this issue when I just did Muay Thai or Triathlon too. Picking up weights was a godsend in that I never had issues sleeping even if I worked out immediately prior to dinner-bedtime.
>>
>>36974903
Don't think I have that disorder I'm sure I would have noticed it by now or have it effect my life somehow ?
>>
im looking for a routine for strength.
I have a squat rack, 300lbs plus a bar, pull up bar and gymnasic rings.

Life only allows 2-3 days a week to workout.
>>
I can feel my right side wirking harder than my left on squats and deads. Is my right side working harder to keep up or is it working harder to compensate for lazy left?
>>
>>36975029
TMJ is the temperomandibular joint (i.e. your jaw joint). When it's disordered, it just means that it gets stuck and pops and cracks a lot. Like what you experienced but all the time.

>>36975020
Stress hormones can interfere with sleep. Cardio generates a fair bit of those.

>>36975054
Starting strength or stronglifts.

>>36975083
Could be either. You'll need to do one-sided work to test if one side is stronger than the other. If you have no experience with this, consider talking to a physical therapist or a very experienced personal trainer who knows about left-right imbalances.
>>
Looking at the clean bulk made me think:

Eating a 500 kcal surplus daily is a medium fast bulk correct? A 300 kcal surplus is a slower bulk that lets you stay as lean as possible.

What if you have 1 cheat meal per week? And what if on that day you eat only the protein of one meal and have a bigger cheat meal afterward?
>>
>>36975012
BroI tried making friends. Everything I talk to somebody an immediate wave of fear comes and all I can do is react unless I've come up with pre determined dialogue.

Whenever I meet someone old it sounds like I should be in jail. You ever watch the brave little toaster?
>>
Trying to break into 3x5x80kg BP this week, I did my first ever 1RM, lifted 90kg and was surprised how 'easy' it was.

I want to try 100kg aka 2pl8 in exacly 2 weeks.

Thoughts?
>>
>>36975012
>1.2-1.7 g/kg lean mass
does that count for restdays too?
anyway seems like I have a deficit regardless since I don't get nearly as much as that
Maybe I can get some more free samples so I can judge for a longer period of time than two weeks
>>
File: 1461654758853.jpg (182 KB, 960x952) Image search: [Google]
1461654758853.jpg
182 KB, 960x952
>>36974956
Here's my advice. It's not perfect.

1. Don't wait until your are perfect and presentable before you start talking to people. This is a lonely road I have taken. The loneliness can sap your motivation.

2. Read more, and read widely. This will increase your attention span. This may allow you to find new interests.

3. Watch some shit everyone watches. Game of thrones. The walking dead. The news. Whatever people around you talk about. Now you can participate in more conversations.

4. Persue your own interests.

5. There's always a trade off. Personally, I am slightly oblivious to some social ques, struggle to maintain friendships where my role is unclear ( I'm a great co-worker, Co-student but just friend? Not that good at it) and have eczema. But I'm tall and well endowed, have good conceptual recall and don't mind spending time on work.

6. If you're feeling that shitty, you will be able to logic yourself into thinking Suicide makes sense. If you're stuck here, see a doctor. Reach out and get help. You might thank yourself later.

I would look up Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Look after the bottom layer of needs. (Note, scholars debate if sex should be omitted, and that its only there because of our hypersexualised society). Once you have these down, you can work your way up.

Good luck dude.

I didn't kill myself when i hit rock bottom and I'm very fucking pleased about it.
>>
>>36975225
Every day.

>>36975218
Read "how to win friends and influence people." Get an older copy. As old as possible. You'll avoid the politically correct crap.

>>36975194
You're bulking. Your entire diet is a giant, endless cheat meal. Get your kcals and macros and don't worry too much about it.
>>
I am gonna do 3 back exercises on back/bi day, what are the movements and set-reps?
>>
>>36975293
If you don't know this, you probably shouldn't be doing that. Just go to the gym and fuck around if you want to go to the gym and fuck around. Don't try to make others complicit.
>>
When I'm doing standing OHP I feel like i'm going to snap my shit in half backwards.

>pic related
>except I'll be dead when it happens
>>
>>36975457
Why is that a gif by the way
>>
>>36975479

I dunno

I just googled bent over backwards...
>>
>>36975432
actually im looking to mix up my back routine, I've been lifting for about 3 years and just wanted to see what fit would suggest.

I typically do
bent-over rows 5x5
lat-pulls downs 3-4x8
seated close-grip cable rows 4x12
>>
>>36975457
Abdominal brace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3n8z1wy_SQ

and stretch your lats.

>>36975479
Gifs are just images. They can be animated, but they don't have to be.
>>
>>36975510

>no diddly
>>
>>36975510
Chins, kroc rows, rear flyes.

Dumbbell ITYWs, inverted rows, back planks.

Front lever, one arm chins, yates rows.

Face pulls, OH shrugs, reverse hypers.

Clean, snatch, deadlift.

Like I said. If you can't figure this out, you probably shouldn't be doing this.
>>
>Started SS 2 months ago
>made noob gains
>gains slowing down
>Only at 105lbs Bench

It's still better than the 75 I started at though. Am I not eating enough/getting enough sleep?

Is it time to move on to a new program? If so, What's a good hypertrophy program to go into after SS?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7 KB, 225x225
So i'm well into my cut now and i've axed 95% of the shit foods from my diet except picrelated.

Does diet soda fuck with you during a cut?

It seems to be the only thing that helps my sugar cravings
>>
File: MFFL+Barbell+Rack.jpg (68 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
MFFL+Barbell+Rack.jpg
68 KB, 1000x1000
What are the purpose of these weights?

are they any good for OHP?
>>
Is soylent just a meme? I'm wondering if I can just order 7 bags and survive for the month on it. Also unsure if this goes on /fit/ or /ck/.
>>
>>36975287
Yeah but it's still a clean and slow bulk. If you go over the kcals for a day per week it shouldnt be a huge problem right?
>>
Kind of a silly question here but I get random bouts of motivation every now and then and I feel like it's a waste if I don't do anything and it passes. I'm constantly told that I should stick to my routine, nothing less nothing more, so I was wondering if there was an acceptable form of exercise I can do at home instantly to take advantage of the adrenaline?
>>
File: 1452366150157.png (42 KB, 151x209) Image search: [Google]
1452366150157.png
42 KB, 151x209
Is fat loss from 15% bodyfat supposed to be so fucking slow???I barely see a difference every week on my body.Am I supposed to carb cycle and refeed or can I get to 10% just by eating less?
I can't stand looking at my last remaining fat anymore knowing I will look incredible when lean but I don't want to go on some crazy crash diet
>>
>>36975543
I dead on squat on leg day

>>36975560
yeah dude I know all the lifts just wonder how to put them together. you only listed general lifts no structure
>>
>>36973723
Are you sure you popped it in right? Anyway, if youre sure you popped it back in correctly just take a week off an eat especially heavy and big, and get more sleep than usual. Youll heal it quicker and probably come back strobger than before. Thats what happens when i break for a week anyway.
>>
>>36975738
Work up with heavy singles to a 1RM and then rep out twice at 85%.

It. Doesn't. Matter. Just get some volume.
>>
>>36975679
Maybe. Depends. Some people have a real hard time getting to even 10%.

>>36975663
Go for a run.
>>
I drop 5 pounds with every set I do. For example:

Doing military press with dumbbells:
>start with 55 pounds, go till failure (usually around 12-14 reps)
>rest a minute
>pick up 50 pound weights, go till failure (usually around 12-14 reps)
>rest a minute
>pick up 45 pound weights, go till failure (usually around 12-14 reps)
and so on...

Is this normal or should I keep the dumbell weight constant throughout the workout? I try to hit that 10 - 14 rep range but find it hard to do so without dropping 5 pounds each set.
>>
Deadlift day was yesterday, struggled to get my last rep out and my back's still fatigued (it's nighttime now and I went to the gym yesterday morning). It's not doms or snap city or anything, but if it's still tired tomorrow should I still go do squats and bent over row?
>>
>>36975627
It's passable food. Low protein for weight lifters, though.

>>36975601
Like dumbbells, but for both hands. You can press them, sure.

>>36975590
It's fine. Kcals are what's important.

>>36975565
2 months of 1.5x a week benching and 2.5 lbs increases per workout should be a 30 lb increase. It's on the light end, but you're fine. You should be gaining weight and sleeping a lot and not doing much other exercise, though.
>>
>>36975956
Warm up and see how you feel.

>>36975950
As long as you're making gains, it's fine.
>>
>>36975590
>aspartame
>>
I've been lifting for two months. My deadlift is wayy stronger than my other lifts.

Bench 155 5rm
Squat 210 5rm
Diddly 315 5rm

Can this be explained by the fact that I've got a strong back and grip from working construction or is there a more serious mobility or imbalance issue I need to correct?
>>
File: 1461336125150.jpg (51 KB, 408x250) Image search: [Google]
1461336125150.jpg
51 KB, 408x250
Im having trouble finding a routine for deads
All I want is to get stronger
My max is 285 lbs

Lately for deadlifts I've been doing 1x5, 1x3, 1x1 increasing weight each set, but its become really hard to increase the weight. Even if I deload and do a 5x5 im not making progress.
>>
File: lily lu1.jpg (70 KB, 599x775) Image search: [Google]
lily lu1.jpg
70 KB, 599x775
I wrote something before this but it got too wordy, so TL;DR version (it's still pretty long):

- I want a copypasta or pic of an at-home exercise routine for women (I have dumbbells and I can buy some more, but that's all the equipment I have and I don't want anything $40+)
- I accidentally nearly starved myself to death 2.5 years ago* and lost a LOT of muscle and gained a LOT of fat in my recovery, despite still maintaining and "average" weight, and have been sedentary since. So I'm weak and unhealthy af, and I'm not sure how that might change my needs.
- I want to lose weight, but it's hard telling what my goal is, since I want to lose fat and then gain muscle. I lost 12 lbs. through dieting back in fall and winter and looked pretty good at 98 lbs., but was still a bit squishier than I would have liked to have been. I gained it all back since the beginning of this year when my depression came back, but I'm ready to take back my life and I'm excited about exercise this time.
- I guess my goal is to just have a fairly flat stomach, nice ass, a healthy heart, and strong legs/arms/core. It's not really a target weight or anything.
- I want to know if it's best to lose weight first and then when I'm sufficiently thin, build muscle. In this scenario, I picture myself working back down to like 98 (maybe plunge to 95, I really do have a lot of fat on me) like I did before but with exercise in the mix this time, and then build muscle like in this exercise routine I'm asking for.

* As for "accidentally starving myself", I have an anxiety disorder and it was pretty severe back then over "food safety" or whatever. I knew it was ridiculous, but I'd just go into this panic response when faced with food that got worse with time until I went on meds. I've nearly got it conquered now, aside from a few eccentricities, and don't even have to take meds anymore. The depression still gets me, though, but I just can't open up about that with anyone yet. So that's what happened there.
>>
>>36975930

I wish I can go for a run, literally homeless everywhere, it'd be more like an obstacle course.
>>
I'm a 6' 160lb skinnyfat and trying to cut at 1600 cal while lifting to drop from around 19% bf to at least 15%.

Am I eating too little?

I used Scooby's calculator, but there is a pretty big jump between little exercise and light exercise, so I went with little since I'm pretty sedentary aside from lifting for about 45 minutes 3 days a week.

My lifts are stalling a bit, but I've only failed the last rep of squats so far.
>>
>>36976039
That looks about right anon
>>
>>36976039
Could be. You could also have long arms and legs for your height. It's probably not a problem.

>>36976077
Deadlifts are hard. Do other exercises to supplement. Rack pulls (just below knees to lockout) and partial deadlifts (floor to just above knees). Deficit deads (like standing on a platform or snatch grip) might help, too. You're probably not advanced enough for some of the other variations. Just alternate deads/rack pulls/partials from week to week.

>>36976112
Shoot for a BMI of 20 +/- 2. Yoga is probably plenty for your goals. Look into the program minimum. It's designed for kettlebells, but you can do it with dumbbells.

>>36976153
Build a hungarian core blaster and do swings?
http://davedraper.com/blog/2006/12/27/the-best-10-youll-ever-spend-on-home-exercise-equipment/

>>36976166
You would probably be better served with a recomp or slow bulk if you expect to get stronger.
>>
File: 1461550596688.jpg (27 KB, 303x303) Image search: [Google]
1461550596688.jpg
27 KB, 303x303
>>36976186
thanks
>>
what the fuck is RM??
>>
>>36976331
Here it means "rep max," as in the most weight you can lift for a particular number of reps. Usually referred to as something like "3RM" which is the three rep max, or the most weight you can lift for three consecutive repetitions.
>>
>>36976363
oh ok cool my first thought was people were just taking the "o" out of RoM but thats retardeded
>>
looking for a Nike running shoes, lads. what is the greatest and latest from them?
>>
I have little contact with people outside of work, family and 4chan. Would entering coccoon mode be a good idea so I can focus on lifting and studying? Or am I technically already in a sort of coccoon mode?
>>
File: 834363_A_V1.jpg (19 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
834363_A_V1.jpg
19 KB, 460x460
>>36976522
https://secure-store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/free-rn-flyknit-running-shoe/pid-10952348/pgid-11044470
>>
>>36976527
You are cocoon mode. This is generally bad for your mental health. You can study and workout and eat with others.
>>
Beginner here, whats a good guide for squats? I feel like I'm doing them wrong.
>>
>>36976645
Start here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkQb2LJtLgo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRxp6Pq7Aqw
>>
File: 82334596345.gif (2 MB, 400x150) Image search: [Google]
82334596345.gif
2 MB, 400x150
Hey, /fit/, this is weird, I can't get myself to eat.
Like, I'm not depressed or anything like that, I just can't eat for some reason.
I try and eat, but it feels like my throat is closed off and I can't swallow. I've been able to drink water, but it feels.
What should I do? Even smoothies feel like they're blocked off.
>>
>>36976686
Possibly dysphagia. Causes range from mildly bad to extremely bad.

Massage on the X's.

http://www.triggerpoints.net/symptom/difficulty-swallowing

If that doesn't help, see a doctor ASAP.
>>
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

According to this there's no point in eating more than 0.82g/lb of protein per day unless you're on steroids.
So why does the sticky suggest numbers like 1.5g/lb on a cut?
>>
>>36976809
You don't need more than 1.2-1.7g/kg lean mass to maintain or bulk, but more doesn't hurt you. On a cut more might even let you gain muscle. 2.4-3.4g/kg lean mass is about right.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm
>>
>>36976833
Any sources on those numbers? Because your link says nothing like that.
>>
>>36976887
The study referenced in the link has the second one and the first is from Tipton.
>>
File: 23095632409.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
23095632409.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>36976740
Well, I also don't feel hungry. Even when I can eat, I have to force myself because I don't feel hungry at all.
I felt kinda like this when I was dealing with depression, but I'm not depressed.
So I have no appetite, and can't swallow. And even when I can swallow, it's hard to get myself to eat.
>>
Do Power Cleans do anything for aesthetics? I can't find anything on Google...
>>
File: 1461229215937.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461229215937.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
Could I PPL 7 days a week because of the 48 hour wait before I perform the same muscle groups again?
>>
>>36976899
Fasting suppresses appetite. Seriously, you might want to see a doctor.

>>36976916
Bigger ass, hamstrings, and spine erectors.

>>36976918
If you want.
>>
>>36976887
In that study they had a group eating below 0.82g/lb and a group eating above 0.82g/lb. Nowhere does it it show that the second group wouldn't have gotten the same results with 0.82g/lb, so what's the point of using those numbers for an answer?
>>
>>36976968
meant to quote
>>36976898
>>
>>36976982
The high protein group ate about 1 g per pound of bodyweight, which translates to about 2.4-3.4g/kg lean mass given the subjects body fat.
>>
File: 1461320011585.jpg (863 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1461320011585.jpg
863 KB, 2448x2448
>>36976930
Well, I don't fast out starve myself purposefully, and even after eating regularly, I won't feel hungry at all afterwards, the only thing that lets me know I'm hungry is the sound of a stomach growl ( which doesn't happen often ), or just how much time has passed.
As of the past few years, I haven't felt hungry regardless of how soon I've eaten or how long I haven't.
>>
>>36977009
>eating more than 0.82g/lb doesn't give you more gains than 0.82g/lb
>here's a study with people who ate more than 0.82g/lb and made gains
>doesn't say they wouldn't have made the same amount of gains with 0.82g/lb
>they made gains
What's your fucking point?
>>
>>36977039
Sounds like a separate problem, then. You still ought to see a doctor.

>>36977061
That a bunch of other studies say it's not possible to gain muscle on a cut.

Why so autismo today? Do you need a hug?
>>
>>36977076
Your answer has nothing to do with the question at all. The question wasn't if you can gain muscle on a cut. The question was why the sticky has numbers like 1.5g/lb when there are several studies showing that more than 0.82g/lb doesn't give you more gains than 0.82g/lb.
>my reading comprehension is shit so you're autistic
nice damage control
>>
>>36977115
I told you. Excess protein isn't a problem, but insufficient protein can be, and I gave you a couple examples. I'm sorry I didn't realize you need extremely explicit explanations.

Your attempt to pick a fight doesn't seem to be working out so well. Are you sure you don't want a hug?
>>
I'm doing the 100 Pushups Challenge and the 20 Pullups challenge, but I don't really feel like I'm making any progress.

I do the pushups until my triceps give out, but after a week I am not capable of doing any more than when I started.

Anything I should be doing? I'm cutting right now because I'm 6'2 185 lbs 25% body fat. Is it because I'm cutting that I'm not improving?

My running improvements with C25k have been great, everything else not so much
>>
Squat = 60kg
Deadlift = 90kg

I squat high bar ass to grass, is this reasonable?
>>
Best assistance exercises for front squats? Stalling hard and I'm not even at 2pl8 yet
>>
>>36977792
You should be improving if you're cutting. How often are you doing push ups? You should be going to failure maybe twice a week and then every other day just doing sets of maybe 60% of your max.
>>
>>36976112

If you know what a baseline is then all you need to know is you need to establish one.

Some define it as basic physical competency. Some as a specific routine, for example, US Navy SEAL team qualifications. Run 2 miles in 15 minutes. Do 25 perfect pushups.

I think Yoga provides a better overall baseline, but most Yoga is shit, in general, and most people don't know how to maintain a daily practice or think that doing it with other people is the same thing.

Bottom line is your previous behaviors are all problems, and since previous behavior is best predictor of future behavior, you are your own worst enemy so the thing to constantly guard against is your own behavior undermining your practice.

Fitness is not a life style, its a life sentence. Its not for joiners or quitters.
>>
I already do cardio as a warmup before lifting. Would it be beneficial to go on my off days and do something easy, like walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes?
>>
Is it possible to make any kind of decent gains with only dumbbells?
They are pretty much the only option for me right now.
>>
>>36978200
put 2 pl8's on the bar you pussy
>>
File: 1449681824865.jpg (245 KB, 1037x1382) Image search: [Google]
1449681824865.jpg
245 KB, 1037x1382
yo bros how do I tell my girlfriend that I'm not attracted to her anymore? Do I just say it to her?
>>
File: sleeping.gif (473 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
sleeping.gif
473 KB, 500x258
i'm recovering from a major back injury which included half of my spine getting replaced with titanium. i can now run 100% without any pain, but because i've had no physical exertion in the past year basically, i'm fat and useless. what would be a good lower body routine with just body weight stuff for me to start out with?
>>
>>36978750
Way beyond the scope of QTDDTOT, bro. Talk to your physical therapist.

>>36978732
See how far you can push it. Start by telling her that you would like to see other people. See if you can get her to get girls for you.
>>
>>36978200
Eat.

>>36977907
If you're a 90 lb girl on a cut.
>>
>>36978346
You don't have to go to the gym to walk.

>>36978362
Yes. Weight is weight.
>>
>>36978783
i finished my last bit of physical therapy like two months ago. she said i was good to be on my own since i had no pain anymore and she knows i only really ran before my injury. i'm just a bit scared of weight exercises and i'm really ignorant on what routines are good for legs/butt since everything i read here seems to be conflicting.
>>
File: 1444073227975.jpg (91 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444073227975.jpg
91 KB, 1080x1080
>>36978783
>See how far you can push it. Start by telling her that you would like to see other people. See if you can get her to get girls for you.

nah dude, like I really just don't find her attractive in any sense. She really just annoys me more than anything. The bad thing is I can't really leave her because I owe her about $1k. Should I just break it off and mail her like $100 a week or something?
>>
>>36978799
The problem is you're a unusual case. Running doesn't load your back the same way squats and deadlifts do. You can start light and see how that works out for you. Or do unilateral work like split squats, lunges, single leg deadlifts, leg press to minimize the loads on your spine since titanium isn't quite the same as bone.

Really you ought to call her and tell her you'd like to start weight training and ask if there's anything in particular you ought to do.

>>36978807
Maybe see if you can get her to forgive the debt.
>>
>>36973723
I stalled for the 3rd time on a variant of SS on my bench press (90kg/198.5lb), so I've now officially done my first deload on the routine. Is bench usually the first to struggle? My squat is above 3pl8 for 3x5, my DL a little under 4pl8 and my OHP is above 1pl8 and my rows just hit 2pl8. I was always under the impression OHP was the first to stall but it seems to be flying forward and bench is being a real bitch to me (usually progress on the 3rd attempt last few months).

Thanks from anon.
>>
can I run well with dress socks?
>>
I'm 2 weeks into texas method and today on intensity day I only got 4 of the 5 reps prescribed for my bench of 105kg(still managed to get my 5 reps for squats). Should I just retry 105 on Monday or just wait untill the next intensity day and retry 105
>>
The issue is that since it popped out the tendons that were holding your shoulder joints in place are stretched and torn meaning you're a lot more likely to have it pop out again . The best bet is after the pain subsides do some light exercises to strengthen the tendons again. Or you could be a beast and push through the pain, shoulder is likely to dislocate again but after the third or fourth dislocation you won't feel much pain and can pop it in again without discomfort.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 300x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 300x456
I am bulking but I only eat over surplus for sure on workout days. Is this a good method to minimize fat gain or is it counterproductive? Tia
>>
>>36980727

Counterproductive.
>>
Also as a rule of thumb people say to lose around 1-2 lbs per week to keep muscle. Lyle mcdonalds with rapid fat loss says to lose a lot more while maintaining muscle. Is the first statement true or what?
>>
>>36980733
Thanks. Feeling pretty fat already, deep into the bulk now, I will start tracking my off days which is abs and cardio
>>
>>36980733
You mean counterproductive to minimizing fat gains?
>>
When cutting, is there a certain amount of calories you shouldn't go below? Currently doing 1500cal, want to go a bit ham with roughly 1000cal
>>
>>36981162
eat more on off days, that's when the gains happen
also on workout days, localise all your carbs around/after your workout
>>
>>36974175
>Quaker
Aren't they for porridge?
>>
How is my routine? I do this 3x a week

Squats - 3 x 5
Bench - 3 x 5
Bent Over Rows - 3 x 8
OHP - 3 x 8
Bicep Curls - 2 x 8, 1 X F
Lateral Raises - 2 x 10, 1 x F
Planks - 2 x 1 min, 1 x F

Homegym atm, I only have access to a barbell, dumbbells and not enough plates for heavy deadlifting. No squat rack or pull up bar either.
>>
I noticed some lifters (powerlifters mostly) get really large guts/"bloated" looking abs. I assumed this was due to the heavy compounds lifts they're doing where they need core stability, but what else is it that contributes?
I'd like to avoid that distended stomach look
>>
Cut for 3 weeks before going for a beach vacation?
I'm otter mode (more towards the athletic side) with very little Absdefinition
Would cutting be useful or a waste of time
>>
>>36981383

Its mostly body fat (particularly visceral fat, which is stored behind the abs around the internal organs) combined with particularly large abs. Also being bloated as shit if you're seeing pics from competition.
>>
>>36981383
Watch your food intake and don't binge routinely
>>
>>36981350
>No squat rack
>Squats - 3 x 5
......anon
>>
>>36981504
I squat light enough that i can press the barbell, its very tiring tho
>>
>>36981383

You don't really see them in most weight classes though. It's a small advantage if there's no limit. Just don't eat like a pig.
>>
So a little background
Started lifting when I was a fat fuck, cutting since day one and have been exceptionally weak since the beginning (currently not even 1pl8 bench, starting out I couldn't do more than one, maybe two pullups if I really pushed it)
Dropped most of the weight but stopped at skinny fat to bulk so my lifts could actually improve and I'd have something to cut down to next time.
In the time since I started, basically all of my lifts stalled. On one occasion after hitting a new squat weight, I made my back so sore it took multiple days to get back to normal. Basically, i think I've squeezed out the noob gains during my cut

My question is, now that I'm bulking how fast would I be expected to increase? I know it will be different for every person, but I guess I'm mostly looking for personal experiences with this situation.
>>
Do Omega-3 pills do anything really? I feel like I have this constant brain fog.
>>
- Is there any reason I should or shouldn't eat multiple smaller meals instead of 3 large meals during the day? As long as I'm getting my calories and macros, does it matter if I'm snacking all day long or eating big in one sitting?

- When I do dumbbell presses or OHP with dumbbells my left arm and especially shoulder fail way before my right arm does. What do I do in this situation? Will they eventually become symmetrical or should I isolate my left side some?
>>
Standard caloric surplus to keep fat gain at minimum?
>>
I want to eat more rice and have it with my chicken breasts but it feels dry, is it okay to smother it in tomato ketchup?
>>
>>36981859
It would be better to use some hot sauce or even a good tomato (no, not ketchup) sauce.
>>
What am I suppose to add whey powder to?
>>
>>36981801

+10% of your maintenance breh
>>
>>36981871
water.
>>
Somewhere between Skull Crushers and EZbar curls I've hurt my elbow. It's making quite an audible click near the elbow joint if I rotate my wrist and fully extending my arm hurts the inside of the joint.

What have I done and how long to heal?
>>
>>36973723
is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the sam time? Sites (scooby, bb.com) say yes with the idea that instead of eating at a calories surplus, you get those extra need calories from your fat sources.
>>
someone rec me a strength routine that doesn't have a fuck ton of squats in it

running easy strength at present for my cut after bulking on russian bear routine, seen excellent results with both.

i'm looking for a new strength routine to bulk on (only deads and presses for russian bear is fine but i'd like more variety), but all the routines that i am recommended (texas method, smolov etc) are way too heavy on the squats. my quads grow much faster than anything else on my body, which is a big issue since i have many gymnastic goals to achieve.
>>
>>36981945
>is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the sam time?
Senpai.
>>
>>36981963
i never really cut, always cleanbulked but i'm curious.
>>
>>36981947
how about just leaving out the squats then?
>>
>>36981945
only if you eat at or slightly below maintenence, if you are a fat beginner, or are on steroids. that's your answer.

also, scooby is good for nutrition advice but unreliable for anything else. please bear in mind that this is a man who advises against barbell squats, deadlifts and bench presses (and he complains of back pain, gee i wonder where the weak link is, hint hint lower back) and is happy to discredit decades of proven strength advice in favour of bodybuilding-focused workouts based entirely around what works for HIM the best. sure he's a lovely dude and i like watching his vids and i respect him but i wouldn't advise anyone to listen to his advice outside of nutrition and cardio. he just isn't sensible about it.
>>
>>36981996
if there is one thing i have learned from following established routines, it is that you shouldn't fuck with the routine. it is how it is for a reason. if i did the texas method without squats i'd be doing something that isn't the texas method, and i do not have the knowledge to tinker with routines without repercussions.
>>
>>36974297

Not the other anon, but how do you figure out the homobros who give out boipussy?

Met one, but he was 'top', so no go.
>>
My upper back hurts when i turn my head to the side today, should i be worried? It happened in my car on the way to the gym. No idea what's going on.
>>
I have been cutting at 1750 cals for several months
I want to start bulking tomorrow at 2750 cals.
Is it ok to do such a transition in 1 day? Will my digestive system be ok with it, or will I have to do some conditioning first?
>>
File: IMG_20160430_130224946.jpg (2 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160430_130224946.jpg
2 MB, 2340x4160
Are these shoes okay for lifting? I just bought them, they're Converse All Star.
>>
>>36982591
They're crap. Send them to me now.
>>
File: grgfgdggf.png (9 KB, 490x122) Image search: [Google]
grgfgdggf.png
9 KB, 490x122
on Gooby's calculator, with regards to exercise does it mean cardio? or does that include gym time?

I'm trying to bulk and don't do cardio but I go to the gym 3 times a week for ~50 minutes
>>
>>36982634
Yes it includes gym time bro
>>
>>36982634
Cardio only
>>
>>36982223
I had that for about 3 days, it should fix itself with enough rest, but if it carries on, get it checked out
>>
>>36982648
'No'
>>
>>36982663
I always thought it did count, I might be wrong
>>
>>36982648
>>36982652
erm
>>
>>36982668
Srry 4 being rude, but it's scooby and he only means cardio. Lifting is different, 1-3 hours if arms won't burn as many calories as 1-3 hours of running.
>>
How good are stimulant free pre workouts? How much of an impact does the caffeine make?
>>
>>36982669
Ignore me, apparently it doesn't count, it's only cardio, sorry
>>
>>36982700
it's okay, thanks for the response regardless
>>
File: 1449981757023.png (129 KB, 314x278) Image search: [Google]
1449981757023.png
129 KB, 314x278
How does the body manage a really big caloric surplus in a single day?

I usually eat 1.5k, for a 300Cal deficit, but yesterday there was a friend's birthday bbq and I've eaten around 3000Cal in meats, beer, sauces, and appetizers.
Does that mean that I lost 10 days of progress (3000/300=10) or does it work differently?

I mean, I know it should, logically, but at the same time it seems impossible since it would mean I should've been MUCH fatter than 68kg before I started counting calories.
>>
>>36981871
Water if you want to stay small, milk if you want to make progress
>>
>>36981871
Milk on a bulk, water on a cut. Or you could have semi skimmed milk and use that. Or half and half, its up to you :)
>>
It is forbidden to do deadlfits after or before legday?
>>
>>36982839

No just sub optimal
>>
>>36973723
I workout late evening after working all day and I have severe problems with a lack of energy during my workouts. Should I take a preworkout? What can I do to give always my 100% ?
>>
File: 1456576927474.jpg (73 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1456576927474.jpg
73 KB, 604x453
>>36976039
No imbalance there, that seems about right.

You may have a lot more posterior chain and grip strength from construction, or you may just have long proportions suited for deadlifts more than squats and bench. Either way, nothing to worry about, I was benching 155x5 while deadlifting 405.
>>
>>36976186
>>36976243
This is terrible advice, you don't need to alternate deadlifts with variations when you max out at 285.

You need to get on a real routine instead of random 1x5 and 1x3 shit, look into something with a tiny bit of periodization like GSLP. Also eat.
>>
>>36976153
Dude! Get a BMX and do hobo flips.
>>
now, really:

how the fuck should I remove my little beer belly?

When I do the diet, I start to becoming too skinny, but there is always a little belly left.

how to achieve completely flat stomach, even after eating or breathing?
>>
>>36982920
>>36982839
I'm curious how people handle deadlifts on splits. It's kind of messy because it crosses over back and leg day.
>>
>>36978732
Yeah but be nice. Or just say that you dont have feelings for her. Easier to handle
>>
>>36978732
Fuck her mom/sister and get caught.
>>
>>36982724
it does work differently.

having days like that are good for your diet, because your body will not get used to low calories intake.

and remember, cheating one big is not a problem, it's everyday little cheating what fucks up your progress.

also what's the point, if you can't have fun once a time?
>>
>>36981859
Sriracha is the only way to go
>>
>>36981859
ketchup is full of sugar m8
>>
>>36981871
Sweetened condensed milk.
>>
>>36982698
Fuck you buy jack3d or drink coffe. The whole point of pwo is to get you ready, and stimulants are the gods gift to the human race.
>>
how should I consume my really disgusting chocolate-hazelnut whey?
i hate it, it came to a point when i puked like 30 mins after taking my shake.
i hate to drink it, i made a protein pancake but it was nearly as disgusting..
>>
>>36983058
So what then?
>>
>>36983071
Get berries, and blend with milk and some sweetener.
>>
I had a acromioclavicular dislocation. It took 15 kinesiology sessions to heal . About 3 months without activity. I was pretty pissed
>>
>>36983080
Chinese curry sauce? If you're pushed for ideas maybe try asking /ck/?
>>
>>36983080
Get some fucking Sriracha god damn it
>>
So I'm at like a 600 calorie deficit but been hitting only a 400 deficit the last few days (stressful finals and stuff), today I weighed in at 2 lbs heavier, the fuck?
>>
>>36983206
Bodyweight fluctuates as much as 5 pounds between food and water weight.
>>
>>36983212
Was first thing. Hadn't shit yet, but even then still hit me as a little odd.
>>
>>36982933
pls respond
>>
File: Posterior-line-stretch.jpg (70 KB, 482x536) Image search: [Google]
Posterior-line-stretch.jpg
70 KB, 482x536
How much is my spine supposed to hurt when I do basic neck stretches like this ?
>>
when using the ab wheel, i don't feel like it works my abdominals at all
is there any hidden technique i should know about?
>>
>>36975479
probably a misguided attempt at conserving image size
gifs are good at preserving solid edges under compression
not that you'd need that with that image
jpg would do fine
>>
>>36975590
no, it doesnt do anything to cuts other than just be an energy source
it does fuck with your general health though
find a different sort of soda that doesnt have aspartame in it, or other fucky things like that

also try soda water/carbonated water
it doesn't satisfy your sugar cravings in the same way, but could make your mind/body feel as if you are having soda, and reduce the craving, kinda how like gum makes you think you arent hungry
>>
>>36982591
theyre fine
though you might want to put an insole in with some arch support
those have none
>>
My knees have been popping more than ever since i started lifting. Is this something i should be concerned about?

I dont want to be walking around one day and my kneecaps explode.
>>
>>36975590
i think it can but necessary does not affect cuts.
sweeteners fucks with your insulin levels, and makes you hungry, but as long as you're not eating for a hour after coke zero, it's okay.
i still do not recommend it
>>
Is PHUL a decent routine for strength gains? I'm bored of pure strength routines (SS, TM).
>>
>>36984733
Ask a doctor/specialist, not a Russian Taco Bell enthusiast board.
>>
>>36982933
You can try preworkout if you want. Personally, I just take caffeine pills, but your system can get used to those after a while and you get desensitised.

>>36983003
Eat less, do stomach vacuums if you want

>>36983810
It's not supposed to actually hurt any more than other stretches do. If it really hurts (sharp pain, etc) stop doing that.
>>
Can I cure knock knees? I hate the way my legs looks
>>
>>36984844
bump
>>
>>36984851
This board is free, doctors are not, unfortunately.
>>
A few years ago I fell and hurt my back a bit, nothing serious just had to stay in bed for a few days. Then a few months ago a doctor told me that a disk is in bad shape because I sit all day and never exercise.
After that I started exercising and now a week ago I started the SS program, I deadlift and squat just the bar because I'm way too weak and do bench and ohp with dumbbells, trying to move up to the bar (that's what years of laziness does to your body I guess).

My question is, should I be deadlifting or should I replace it with a safer alternative? Is dl dangerous even if your form is perfect or can it still cause your spine strain? If so, what's the next best thing after dl?
>>
Note:
This thread is pretty much abandoned. Have a reply, but will sage, make your way to the newer thread the OP put up because he's a fucking faggot

>>36985835
>started the SS program
Great. Make sure you actually look over the book or YNDTP
>replace with a safer alternative
We have no idea the extent of your injury. Ask your doctor. He will probably say no. Ask multiple people who are qualified to give you an answer about your injury
If it doesn't give you any pain/discomfort/issues, I would say start light, make sure your form is good and slowly progress. But again, I am no doctor and we cannot comment on if it is safe for you. Also, consider SLDLs

>>36985036
Post pic
Ask doctor
Exercise if safe

>>36984844
>bored of (SS, TM)
Post lifts

>>36984733
Take time to warmup well
If no pain, shouldn't be an issue
But again, not a doctor

>>36984493
youtube.com/watch?v=PwqJTPsI6i0
Keep tension on abs. In big lifts and normal walking around life, you want to keep a 'straight' back with the natural lordotic curve. You do NOT want this while performing ab wheels, that's the cue I tell people

>>36983810
Ease into stretches
Should not hurt

>>36983003
Read the sticky
Lift
Eat properly

>>36982933
Sure
First try some coffee/caffeine a little bit before exercising

>>36982462
You can do whatever
But it's best to taper up/down calories when switching over a week or two

Either way, shit won't explode

>>36982223
Probably a pinched nerve
Stretch lightly when warm, should go away in a couple/few days

Keep neutral neck/spine when lifting. Should tuck chin a bit when arms are overhead

>>36981871
Lobster

>>36981716
All that matters is total intake at the end of the day

Deal with it. It will balance over time

>>36981538
Post lifts, form checks and routine. Also weight hcange over time

>>36981178
Generally not a good idea to go too low under BMR, but there is no concrete data/numbers fo rthis
>>
Con't, see note above:
>>36986340

>>36979677
You should've started at weights you KNEW you were going to handle for at least the first 2 weeks on any new routine.

>>36979296
Presses, as they use the smaller and weaker upper body then lower body, are obviously the first to stall. Accordingly, OHP usually stalls first
Eveyrbody is different though and everybody also messes up certain things that may impede progress

I don't really know what else you want to hear. Posting form checks is always useful

>>36978732
Why not though? What changed?

>>36978200
Worry about back squats until you can squat over 140 kg

Post form check
Eat more
Post routine

>>36976645
Read SS
Watch videos
Post form checks
Practice sitting deep in squat at home (sumo stretch)
Figure out what's holding you back and make srue that it isn't knowledge
>>
>>36986340
bored of SS, TM here.
Squat: 160kgx5
DL: 200kgx5
Bench: 107.5kgx5
OHP: 77.5kgx5
>>
>>36986720
>PHUL
YMMV with the strength gains. If strength is the goal, it's probably optimal to switch to another strength routine
>>
>>36986768
I'm just kinda bored of strength-focused stuff. Kinda looking for something which has a combination of strength and some hypertrophy as well, which is why I thought of PHUL. I know it sounds pretty faggy, but it's been a long time since I've had a proper pump, and I sometimes miss that feeling and that kind of workout. However, I don't want to lose my strength gains either.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>36986832
Whatever floats your boat man
You can easily add isolations to any typical strength routine.
But if powerlifting is not your goal, nobody is forcing you to do a powerlifting routine. Based on your lifts, you've obviously put your time in and gotten strong enough to make your own decisions for what you want
>>
>>36986876
Yeah, I'm not planning to compete in powerlifting anyway.
Thanks for the advice bruv.
>>
What's the name of the trip in the bottom right corner of the picture?
instagram.com/p/BE1hoN2phMr/
>>
>>36986992
adie IIRC
Manlet who posted tinder sloots
>>
>>36987053
Fucking Adie! Thanks bro. I was thinking Albo, Alfie, Freddie...
>>
After you hit protein intake is it important to have a certain amount of fats and carbs or is it fine as long as you eat correct kcals?
>>
>>36987295
A lot of people are anal about specific macros
Probably not too important for beginners

Just google 'macro ratios' and get rrading if you want ot know more
>>
Is frying my food going to matter compared to cooking it in other ways in any significant way? I use one spray of olive oil only. Not really well educated in oils or saturated fats.
>>
>>36988502
Food usually doesn't absorb much oil, even when deep frying. At most it'll be like 100 calories of the whole recipe, much much less if you're using spray.
>>
How does a Gundam aesthetics look like? Is it desirable?
>wide shoulders
>thin waist
>so far so good?
>average upper arm, slightly bulkier forearms
>average thighs, slightly bulkier calves
>how does it even look on a human?
>>
File: Jgg4RoF[1].jpg (85 KB, 800x467) Image search: [Google]
Jgg4RoF[1].jpg
85 KB, 800x467
What's /fit/'s opinion on Beef Jerky? I'm on a cut and it seems like a good snack. As long as I don't go over my calorie intake for the day it shouldn't matter right?
>>
>>36990386

Its fairly high in sodium, which might screw with your weight tracking on a cut because it'll cause some water retention.
>>
I'm maybe two weeks away from hitting my short term goal of 180kg squat. Which is great. Finally starting to not feel pathetically weak. But I don't feel very athletic.

So, what would be some good 'athletic' goals that are realistically achievable in 6 months.
>>
ate too much today, how should I make up for it tomorrow? extra cardio or just resume my regularly-scheduled deficit
>>
Heard a felt sound in my lower back on the left side while doing leg press. Had to end gym shortly after it because any movement hurt.

Still hurting the next day what couldve i have done to it? How long will this take to heal also
>>
>>36990890
Heard a pop sound*
>>
>>36990619

Regular deficit. Don't ever count on exercise to cause a caloric deficit. You're not a professional athlete
>>
opinions on GVT?
was thinking about trying 10x10 tricep pulldowns
>>
>>36991210

Not usually sustainable for long but it can work as a short-term aggressive block of training.
>>
I've been eating around 5000 cals my last two workout days and I feel pretty fucking good actually today after only doing 3 squat sessions after not doing them for weeks and lifting more than I ever have.

Is there anything else I can do for doms anywhere near this effective?
>>
should i take a protein shake before bed (after meal aswell) or after my workout
should i even take proton supps
>>
How can I fix my piss stream? Always dies suddenly towards the end and I have to spend a good amount of time milking the last bit out. If I don't, the moment I tuck it back in all of the remaining piss immediately comes out.
>>
I was very sick and ended up being bed ridden for almost 6 months. Because of this I've gained a lot of fat and lost almost all of my strength. I really want to get back into working out and exercising but I just don't have it in me to lift any weight.
What do I do? How can I build back up to being able to lift weights?
>>
>>36991444
see a doctor dude that's not normal.
>>
>>36991418
do not eat or drink (anything but water) before bed.
>>
>>36991444
>>36992039

Happens to me. I thought shaking it for a bit was basic hygiene so you don't sprinkle your short shorts.
>>
>>36992329
Same. I use toilet paper though after a couple squeezes. Hate urinals for this very purpose.
>>
How do I stop getting angry at women in the gym? Not even that, I'm angry at attractive women everywhere I go.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.