[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever work a bit of anger before going to the gym? Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: waaaaaaaaa.png (124 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
waaaaaaaaa.png
124 KB, 325x325
Do you ever work a bit of anger before going to the gym? Does it help you?

I have found that visualizing certain acts, and other things, helps a lot.
>>
If I'm pissed off I lift harder, but I'm normally in too good of a mood the get pissed off on command.
>>
I'm angry as fuck person and have pretty low temper. That being said I wreck the weights when I go to the gym with a killing mentality. Often I'm angry when I drive to the gym because people in my country just can't drive in my opinion, at least that's what I think. I build up stress from work and commuting with my car so I need to go to the gym many times to release my hatred into steel.

I wish everyday I could start to control my anger and not get frustrated from slight misfortunes. Do I have to meditate or some shit? I know I lift better when I'm angry, but I'd like to feel calmness and just lift with chill. I think it's not healthy for my body to be constantly stressed and angry, hell my heart keeps racing sometimes and my head feels about to explode.
>>
>>36971702
Settle down richard
>>
>>36971702
That's beastmode brah. Embrace it. #Beastmode #YOLO #Gains
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 300x400
>>36971626
Yeah I pretend a nigger is asking me for money and pretend that the force I am exerting is being utilised to kick his faggot face in.

I also recall incidents or small slights where friends or strangers have irritated me, and use this as fuel to lift heavy ass weights. Once out of the gym, I never recall these incidents again.
>>
>>36971626
Getting angry wastes energy
If you want to do this, might as well listen to a bunch of RATM and throw shit around at home whilst cursing your parents before the gym

You must be calm before the storm
>>
If always try to lift with a level head, as well as keep a level head in general. If I lift when I'm angry I end up ego-lifting, my mind-muscle connection is shit, and I also just don't want my "beast mode" being tied to my emotions. That's also the same reason I either don't listen to music at all when I lift, or I listen to upbeat stuff, never angry pump-up music.

Sounds a little fedora-like, but whatever.
>>
Being in good mood helps me lifting. I usually watch some old brosciencelife video before lifting or read /fit/
>>
>>36971626
no because i throw things about like an autist and get in people's faces when i get angry, all that will happen is i will get kicked out of the gym
>>
File: 1236562735.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1236562735.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
Years ago my ex of 2 years broke up with me via text while I was at the gym, telling me it was so she could be with this other guy. That day I raised my PRs drastically by thinking about her getting fucked by this guy.

I have never been as angry, nor made as much progress before or since.
>>
of course! not only i get angry before going to hit the weights but i also feel a lot of hate too. Hate for people who betrayed me and stupid sloots. That's my preworkout.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.