[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I do boxing. I will soon have more time aviable to train by myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1423227521940.png (18 KB, 133x157) Image search: [Google]
1423227521940.png
18 KB, 133x157
I do boxing. I will soon have more time aviable to train by myself on the side.
Last year I had a routine I kept for 6 months until I got back to boxing (I was abroad). I was doing it 4 times a week. So I would like to get this routine back, but I want to change it adding these elements:

- I want to do it in a park where there are sport installations (bars and stuff), this park is 4.4km away from home, so I would run to get there.
- I would like to introduce calisthenics exercises
- I would like to introducing some planking type exercises
- My boxing teacher recommanded me to use a medizinball to train the lateral muscles that allow me to rotate my upper body(please forgive my ignorance in anatomy), which are very useful for boxing. I consider adding this later, as I dont have the ball yet.

Here is my former routine(4 times a week):

Based on boxing rounds (3 mins of exercise/ 1 mins for recuperation)
I do 12 rounds in total per session

Two types of round:

Type A: Skipping the rope essentially with some variations.

Type B:
0 - 1min20: 15 push-ups/25 crunches/25 squats/20 Montain climbers
1min10 - 1min50: Skipping the rope lightl
1min50 - 3min: 15 push-ups/20 crunches/20 squats/20 Montain climbers

For the 12 Rounds I was doing: AABABABABABA

I like this way of working out because:
-It is time compact
-Easy to benchmark progress
-Has a good variety of exercises to work on the whole body.

I am not at all sure of how good, or how bad this routine is, it gave me some results but I also got some articulation pain around my shoulders and wrists sometimes.

I would like you to give me your opinion to help me modify this routine.
Thank you in advance.

Pic unrelated
>>
Hey, fellow boxer here, which boxe type are you practising ? Are you doing your push-ups with your fists closed ? It really helped me having less stress on my wrists. Have you also considered russian splits ? Without a medecine ball it's a good exercice for the lats.
>>
Ok well I have boxed for years and from experience I can recommend this

-skipping should be 20 minutes straight as a warm up
-do a shit load of bag work
-compound lifts such as deadlifts are more important than any bodyweight shit
-your cardio should be swimming or cycling for low impacts on your knees
-do as much sparring as possible

As much of a meme as it is SS or strong lifts is actually ideal for boxing and you'll want to add a lot of shrugs and lat pull downs etc. The only bodyweight exercises I would recommend are planks
>>
>>36971142
I do English Boxing, I am going to give a try to this way to do push-ups, although I probably should buy glove to do that without urding my knukles.
I will try those splits too.
>>
>>36971169
Ok, aside the lifts and the cardio your are describing what I do during my boxe trainnings.(4 times a week)

Maybe I should have added is that I dont have access to a gym or a swiming pool and the only place I can go to practice by myself is that park and I am all by myself.
>>
>>36971211
If you don't have a sand bag (do you have place at home? It's a really good investment) maybe you could try to add a lot more of shadow boxing to your routine, >>36971169 is quitte right, but I figured out you didn't have a place like a gym near. Good luck
>>
>>36971265
I can't really get sandbag at home, shadow is good you are right. My guess was, seeing that bodyweight or calisthenics seemed to be a real thing, there, would, should be a way for me to complement my boxe trainning with it.
>>
hey boxing friend.
Russian style boxing here.
I do
Sprint
10 push ups
rest for 10 seconds
sprint
10 squats
rest for 20 seconds
sprint
10 pull ups
rest for 60 seconds.
Also eat pleanty of carbs.
Results are i dont gas out untill the last round and i punch harder.
i also jump higher which is useful for other things.
>>
>>36971325
Thank you for your input I'll consider your exercises.
fyi, I realised that I have a relatively high stamina so I am more looking to work on strength and speed.
>>
>>36971211

Ok well I would suggest you cycle to the park and maybe do a lap around it if you really want to run or do HIIT. I think you should buy some light weights for when you're at home, bodyweight workouts won't build the explosive strength you need to have an extra advantage.
>>
>>36971388
Interesting, what weights would you suggest for that?
>>
File: 1461659402016.jpg (7 KB, 180x210) Image search: [Google]
1461659402016.jpg
7 KB, 180x210
>>36971096
>>36971142
>mfw I can barely skip for a minute straight
Does it get better brehs?
>>
>>36971558
It does, it is like biking, once you practised enough you can do it non stop for hours.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.