[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead Hang
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 002.jpg (34 KB, 550x415) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
34 KB, 550x415
Can do about 3-5 pull ups with arms at about 160 degree elbow bend, but if i start pull up in complete elbow lock dead hang, i cant get halfway up. But that brings me a few questions:
1.) How do I get accustomed to dead hang pull ups? More negatives?
2.) How can i go from dead hang to halfway up and get failure, but if i start from slight elbow bend i can get over bar?
3.) Is it a lack of familiarity with muscle chain?

Also, slightly unrelated, My pull up bar is not level due to shitty construction of my apartment, i try and do half facing each way assuming that it would compensate workload taken off each arm.

Thanks for any input!

Tldr; cant go from dead hang to over bar, but can go from slightly bent elbow to over bar consecutively, wut do?
>>
1. reduce body weight
2. do more negative pullups
3. do chinups more
4. do lat pulldowns more
5. do 1 neck rope hang till failure
>>
>>36969316

Odds are that you lack strength out of the bottom and as a result are doing something to get the movement started that is fucking your position once you get a bit higher up. Or just not going into your midpoint with as much momentum to help you get past the hard part there.
>>
do kipping pullups
>>
>>36969316
You aren't meant to pull up from deadhang. You're meant to start in a dead hang, activate your lats to "pack" your shoulders, then pull up from there by pulling your elbows into your hips
>>
>>36969325
>do 1 neck rope hang
cant find anything but suicide regarding this,
Also, i do chin ups until failure but dont get sore. Should i hang a weight off my body?
Thanks for input!
>>
>>36969316
>How do I get accustomed to dead hang pull ups? More negatives?
Start every rep from a dead hang. even if you cant do it properly, once you cant do any reps from a dead hang; do negatives. If you're getting few reps then make it up by doing more sets.
>How can i go from dead hang to halfway up and get failure, but if i start from slight elbow bend i can get over bar?
the lats do most of the work from the bottom, so they are probably very weak. While your biceps do a lot of work once you get around 160 degrees.

Stop doing pull-ups from 160 degrees elbow bend, and do all from a dead hang, or focus on the last few degrees when doing negatives.
>>
>>36969364

Lats are the hardest muscles to get doms from. Just keep on doing negatives and slowly doing them. After 1 negative, do 1 pullup (try).

Hope this helps.
>>
>>36969329
>>36969342
Ill try and force a little momentum.
Going into Pararescue, so i have to train from complete dead hang, ill try kipping to maybe strengthen and familiarize muscles into the right chain of movement, but i cant become dependent on them.
>>
>>36969342

Don't listen to this fag. Kipping pullups are for crossfit fags.
>>
File: bentover-lateral-raise.gif (11 KB, 279x169) Image search: [Google]
bentover-lateral-raise.gif
11 KB, 279x169
>>36969381
Thank you! Would the excersize in this picture help? Or just stick to negatives? I have a set of 20 and 40 pound dumbells
>>
>>36969390
>Lats are the hardest muscles to get doms from
Maybe, But DOMS have nothing to do with progress.
>>
>>36969397
I've heard negative things about kipping, but I'm not educated enough to form an educated opinion.
>>
>>36969409
that exercise wont help much,
Do negatives. Its the best and simplest way. and make sure you dont start from a relaxed position. Everything should be tight, even your grip.
>>
>>36969316
do a dead hang, then pack your shoulders, then dead hang again, then pack your shoulders
repeat that
feel that?
>>
File: 022.png (505 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
022.png
505 KB, 2000x1333
Thanks for all the input! /fit/ never fails to help out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.