[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: BUDS.jpg (232 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
BUDS.jpg
232 KB, 1200x800
Okay guys I am being completely serious no trolling, I recently got a SEAL challenge contract and head to bootcamp this summer. I can do alot of pushups pullups situps and I can run and swim like a champ. The only problem is I weigh basically nothing, and have barely any muscle mass. I am 18 I weigh 160 pounds, and I am 5'11. What are some ways I can put some mass on before I head to bootcamp and BUD/S? My recruiter told me not to worry about getting big, because the huge muscluar guys have a harder time in BUD/S but I feel like I will be the skinniest guy there. I would really appreciate any advice, thanks in advance!
>>
>>36965916
>18
>the SEALS
>No trolling
Yeah dude you totally got a SEALS contract
>>
>>36965933
Not OP but he said
>SEALs CHALLENGE contract
>>
>>36965933

I believe him. That's why the Seal dropout is so high. it's just a bunch of boots with no drive that don't make it.
>>
>>36965916
Read the SAS Survival Book
>>
>>36965933
You do realize the average age for BUD/S students is 18-23?
>>
>>36965950
You need drive to even get a contract and go to BUD/S
>>
>>36965950
Why? When drawing for a pool of soldiers to perform at the next level, who not only need to be at the pinnacle of physical perfection, but also be highly trained in combat situations, would the USA pick a bunch of recruits?
>>
File: adolf_hitler2.jpg (124 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
adolf_hitler2.jpg
124 KB, 620x412
>>36965916
Muscle mass is not necessarily advantageous to Military IET.

Running - more weight to move
Rucking - bigger body to carry, (plus heavier guys have to carry more weight)
Pushups - more weight to push
Situps - harder

Being bigger will make you need more fuel, you will be hungrier.

Who gives a fuck about being big. If you really have a seal contract, you could show up looking like ronnie coleman and by graduation you'll end up looking like a kenyan marathon runner
>>
>>36965977
The average guy graduatiing from bootcamp in any branch that is just an average grunt are retards. The guys attempting spec ops are usually strong and smart before they even get into boot.
>>
>>36965977
No, but a broader pool always leaves higher chances of finding what you need. Why choose only from those who are trained when you can choose from virtually any healthy male who lives in the country legally. You never know when some rando off the street could be trained to do a SEALs job better than a man who is already in the military.

Basically, they have the time and resources to search a large pool, so they do. No sense in narrowing the initial search when it's simply unnecessary to do so.
>>
File: 1452394527383.gif (4 MB, 640x333) Image search: [Google]
1452394527383.gif
4 MB, 640x333
>>36965916
you really shouldn't bother trying to get big. once you're out of boot camp and have access to all that delicious, nutritious protons and vitamins, you'll get told by the Cole's LPO that prebuds can't take supplements.
>>
You only need to worry about getting circumsized since you'll be working for Israel anyway
>>
>>36966041
Can you really not take any supplements in Pre-Buds? I know you can drink protein shakes in BUD/S but why not Pre-BUD/S?
>>
He is right. It's better to be lean than big. You will be starved, dehydrated, and sleep deprived in buds. Big dudes need more food than smaller dudes. Just keep running amd swimming.
>>
>>36966065
He means roids.
>>
>>36966065
i never found out why, nor did any prebuds i met kno definitively. but they do inspect prebud barracks to see if they have supplements, cigarettes/chew, etc.
>>
>>36965916
your recruiter is correct lol. Dude trust me you dont want size. That will only fuck you on the O-course, soft sand runs, swimming, and drown proofing. Do some weight lifting twice a week for upper and lower body, thats it. Look up Stew Smith he has all the fitness advice you will ever need. As someone who is 20 and going to start the enlistment process to get my SO contract, the game is mental. You need confidence in your abillites and be able to push through and preform even when in pain. You'll be fine. Pre BUD/S will put you in great shape for indoc/phase 1
JUST DONT FUCKING QUIT
do you want to be a SEAL, or just say it? think about that.
>>
>>36966123
Hooyah man! Maybe one day we will be in the same TEAM. The only thing I want in life is to be a SEAL. Being able to call myself one is only a perk.
>>
pic related, Im the faggot in the center with the Buzz cut. Look up SEAL fit Kokoro camp. I was the youngest grad in my class (18) so I have a taste of the pain/sleep deprivation of training. Gotta want it more than anything.>>36966123
>>
>>36965916
160 lbs at 5'11" is pretty big. Not big as in strong. You're definitely skinnyfat. You're not fooling anybody, buddy.

t. 5'10" 160 lbs before I started lifting
>>
>>36966490
Well before I started training I weighed 128 pounds, most of the weight I have gained is from Muscle.
>>
>>36965916
I had this dream once OP, . Please be a seal for me.
>>
>>36965916
>thinking the military wants mass
kek

They want someone who can walk 20 miles without dying of exhaustion, not a SSGOMAD hulk of roided gainz.
>>
>>36965916
>SEAL challenge contract
You do realize that all special operators are chosen from the best of the people already in the military right?
You don't get picked up at random, you put in a packet after you reach your duty station.
>>
>>36966123
>thinking SEAL training is anything compared to Mossad training
You goyim don't know shit about real trial.

t. jew
>>
>>36965916
You don't want to bodybuild. All that obstacle course work will be much easier if you're light and can move your bodyweight a lot.

Just read and watch what they do in BUD/S. Never at any point do they have them lifting stuff that would be difficult to move for ten reps. It's always a whole team of guys dragging a boat, or doing some pushups with scuba tanks or running with something heavy overhead.

Weight will also make you more susceptible to stress fractures, which are the leading cause of medical dropout.

Why do you care about being the skinniest guy there? They talk about how college football stars get dropped the first week for having trouble with the o-course.
>>
>>36967018
You do realize the SEALS have a civilian pathway where you get a contract before you go to bootcamp if you score high enough on the pst and ASVAB right?
>>
>>36965916
Buckle up, embrace the suck, and don't give up. That's pretty much the only advice anyone can give you - whether you use it or not, it's all up to you
>>
>>36967039
>Weight will also make you more susceptible to stress fractures
Good goy

Don't lift weights, eat soy and nofap.

Test is bad
>>
File: 2forum.jpg (54 KB, 640x654) Image search: [Google]
2forum.jpg
54 KB, 640x654
I would imagine core strength gains would be good to focus on because carrying heavy logs and running on sand is gonna work that core and legs.
My 2 cents: a ton of calve raises to keep you upright when you no longer want to stand upright in that horrible sand.
>>
>>36967064
Yeah, getting big biceps will prepare OP for Cardiofest: San Diego.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.