[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wtf am I doing wrong /Fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160428_221133.jpg (517 KB, 1728x2004) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160428_221133.jpg
517 KB, 1728x2004
Been hitting the gym for almost a year now, feel like i am doing something wrong.

Other than the fact that I would benefit from cardio other than my warmup, any other shit i've been fucking up?

Started at 152lbs/69kg

Now at 176lbs/80kg

I'm 6'1/ 1.86m

Deadlift started at 154/70kg (one rep max)

Deadlift now 297lbs/ 135kg (one rep max)

Was on protein shakes till i hit around 185lbs./84kg, noticed i was gaining too much fat.

>Monday chest and triceps
>Thursday legs
>Wednesday rest
>Tuesday shoulders
>Friday biceps and back
>>
File: IMG_20160428_212425.jpg (631 KB, 1728x2880) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160428_212425.jpg
631 KB, 1728x2880
>>
>>36965496

>4 day split

You fucking faggot
>>
>>36965510

whats the fucking issue with that?
>>
Nigga are you trolling?

Did you seriously START with a fucking 4 day split?

That's where you fucked up. Seriously, dull full body or 2 day split. You're nowhere near where you need to be to justify a retarded split like that.

Also, yes, do cardio
>>
>>36965528
but I love my split.

whats the difference?
>>
>>36965547
I seriously can't tell if I'm being trolled but...

Just think about it bro. You were (and really still are judging by your program) new to lifting and decided to only work one muscle group a day with a whole week in between? You're muscles aren't developed enough to the point where they've nearly reached their limit that would require more recovery time.

At this point, you're giving them too little volume and too much recovery for them to actually increase in size/strength in any significant capacity.

TL;DR you need more volume and less recovery for your muscle groups. After about a year or so of a good full body or 2 day split program can you begin to justify something longer than a 2 day split.
>>
>>36965598

The logic hit me hard

Makes total sense, I've been no braining it basically. I got a program from a buddy and sticked with it.

So basically

>muscles arent at the part where they need more recovery time

should therefor

>train muscle groups more than once a week

Any advice on how to go about this?
>>
>on protein shakes

It's just food you uneducated fuck. Read the motherfucking

S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
File: 1429363982862.jpg (49 KB, 539x535) Image search: [Google]
1429363982862.jpg
49 KB, 539x535
>>36965645
READ THE STICKY

DO YOUR SL/SS!!

Pic related, this is me after 6 months of SL. 1.7m manlet though.
>>
>TL;DR you need more volume and less recovery for your muscle groups. After about a year or so of a good full body or 2 day split program can you begin to justify something longer than a 2 day split.
Would PPL be good for beginners?
Or should I opt for full body/ 2 day split?
I'm doing PPLxPPL
>>
>>36965645
Like I said, a good full body routing MWF (or whatever youre comfortable with) or a 2 day split of Upper Body one day and Lower Body the next day are both solid routines. They both allow good volume and proper recovery time (assuming your actual lifting and exercises are on par).

Give or take, after about year or year and a half of that (assuming actual work put in), you'll begin reaching a point where your strength/size don't increase in any significant capacity. At that point is when you can begin to diverge into longer programs, not unlike your 4 day split.
>>
>>36965526
>is seeing no progress
>whats the fucking issue with that?

kek faggot, pick a new routine and stop being a queer.

also
>was on protein shakes
>on protein shakes
>on
>>
>>36965700
Thanks bud, will def look into it and change my shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-26-10-05-11.png (125 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-26-10-05-11.png
125 KB, 720x1280
You're new, do this:
>>
>>36965496
This is what happens when you don't read the sticky and don't start off with SS/SL.
>>
>>36965699
PPL is definitely better than what you are currently doing, You can try SS/SL first, you should be able to get some linear gains on them, and get a nice increase in strength,

Also, you stopped drinking protein shakes because you were getting big? What? They literally have ~120 calories per shake (with water)

You would probably look better if you lost some weight.
>>
>>36965699
>not OP btw

stopped with the protein shakes (and eating like a mammoth) when I noticed I was taking in more than i needed and thus gained more fat.
>>
>>36965821
You could have cut out something other than protein shakes out of your diet, a protein shake probably has like 30% of the calories of a sandwich.
>>
>>36965692
new to this, what is SL/SS?
>>
>>36965840
You would know if you read the sticky
>>
>>36965840
god damnit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.