[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is a limit on how many calories we can burn in a day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: diet_CONSTRAINED_CHART.0.png (32 KB, 975x849) Image search: [Google]
diet_CONSTRAINED_CHART.0.png
32 KB, 975x849
http://www.vox.com/2016/4/28/11518804/weight-loss-exercise-myth-burn-calories

TL;DR - Here are the bullet points:
>You have a Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) which is the calories you burn doing normal body functions (breathing, digestion, fapping)
>Once you start burning greater than X amount of calories, your BMR slows down to compensate
>There is a limit to how many calories you really need to burn through exercise to lose weight
>Weight loss is 90% about diet

So what anon? What does this have to do with fucking OP faggot?
>You can start planning shorter exercise sessions
>Stop eating like a fat fuck because that treadmill won't compensate for calories burned
>Calories in - calories out is no longer applicable and is now just a meme
>>
File: 1460582985887.jpg (7 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
1460582985887.jpg
7 KB, 299x168
>>36962068
Cool.
>>
Sample size of 25 people.
Measured pee
Didn't measure food intake at all
Tell me all about it
>>
>>36962068

what do you mean by that? As I see it it is even moe applicable: the more you eat the fatter you get and you can not compensate by exercising

>>
>>36962068
Before I even opened it, I knew it would be about Africans.

I mean, it's not like the people who have spent thousands of years in the land of not so plenty (the fucking savannah) adapted to their enviroment or anything. I mean, that would be fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>36962068

So, you didn't actually read the article. Particularly since you think this:

>You have a Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) which is the calories you burn doing normal body functions (breathing, digestion, fapping)
>Once you start burning greater than X amount of calories, your BMR slows down to compensate

follows from this:

>There is a limit to how many calories you really need to burn through exercise to lose weight

Seriously. You read Vox and you can't even into reading comprehension. Just kill yourself.
>>
Some bitch shared this on fb and reached the inevitable conclusion that exercise is worthless.
>>
>>36962068
You need to be eating under your BMR to start reducing it.

Calories in calories out refers to your TDEE, which is your BMR + however many calories you expend lifting, walking, fapping, moving, etc.
>>
You can burn ~31.5 kcal per lbs of body fat per day. Beyond that and whatever kcals you can get from the food you've eaten, there's likely also a bound on how much muscle you can break down and turn into kcals... I have no idea what that number is but it's probably lower than that of fat since your body is going for protein break down as a last resort. So ultimately there is an upper limit on how many calories you can burn in a day but getting that number is going to be rather complex.
>>
>>36962068

>>You can start planning shorter exercise sessions

But I don't exercise to burn calories, I do it to strengthen my heart and skeletal muscles
>>
>>36962199
>you can not compensate by exercising
calories in/calories out is often taken to mean that you can (exercising is increasing the calories out).
>>
>>36962655
Sounds like people are retards then.
>>
>exercise makes you smarter

I don't think they understand the results from that analysis.

People who exercise are smarter not because they exercise, but because the smarter the person is the more likely they're to understand how important exercise is for health.
>>
>>36962655
aha I see.
well to a certain extent you can!
The adjustment to the environment is main body function and it is incredibly complex. It is known for years that the MBR can vary greatly for the same individual just by changing some of the environments inputs as energy intake, type of macronutrient, level of activity, etc.
Those guys reinvent the wheel but the wheel they reinvent is not very oval :)
... you can not be very precise if your model only contains one variable, or two. One may say that the explainigh power of this model is low.
>>
What about my metabolism slowing down when eating for a long time in a caloric deficit and thus stalling weight loss? How do I solve this problem?
>>
>>36962783
Exercise does stimulate neuron growth. This source specifically talks about improving memory.

http://dept.wofford.edu/Neuroscience/NeuroSeminar/pdfSpring2008/Pereira.pdf

This has been known for thousands of years. The ancient greek philosophers spent all their time working out and discussing ideas. Their gymnasium wasn't solely for physical excercise, but spiritual and mental improvement as well.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.