[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fast do you guys lean bulk? Tips? I'm trying to gain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1460040236197.jpg (436 KB, 950x1166) Image search: [Google]
1460040236197.jpg
436 KB, 950x1166
How fast do you guys lean bulk? Tips? I'm trying to gain 0.5 lbs a week, but weight fluctuations are killing me, even when I check week by week.
>>
>>36961411
>bulking and cutting

I prefer staying natty bruh
>>
Weigh yourself in the morning, daily after you take a dump if possible to make sure there arent anamolies. if you start getting a belly pull back a little or add cardio is optimal
>>
Find out your TDEE and eat at maintanence + add 2 scoops of protein at night. Yull be fine.
>>
>>36961518
>add 2 scoops of protein at night
body can only get 1 scoop max per session
>>
>>36961411
Basically do what this anon said:
>>36961483
But to even out flucuations take your weekly average weight and keep comparing it to the previous weekly average.
When you see slight increases in here and you are fine.
>>
>>36961567

Idiot.
>>
>>36962649
If I'm gaining strength, the weight I'm gaining should be around half muscle, right?

Also, I'm doing PPL and resting 3 minutes between my compounds (bench, OHP, squat, etc.) and 1 minute between my isolations (curls, pec flys, cable crunches, rope pushdowns, etc.). Is that right? I came from a strength routine where I rested 4-5 minutes between sets so I'm new to a routine like PPL.
>>
>>36962684

In general, you should rest as long as you need to not drop in either weight or repetition as you advance on your sets. Wether that's 1 minute or 3 minute, that depends on the workout you're doing. There is no "correct" answer.

I rest 2 minutes on my compounds except on my deadlift which I do 3 minutes. If I feel utterly exhausted at the end of the second to last set, I'll increase the rest to 3 minutes.
>>
>>36962684

Depends on how fast you gain weight and how much muscle you already gained.
After your first newbiegains our gains slow down over time and if you eat at a huge caloric surplus most of your gains will be fat.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.