[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Complete proteins vs. Incomplete proteins. Is it bullshit? Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Y.jpg (124 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
Y.jpg
124 KB, 576x576
Complete proteins vs. Incomplete proteins.

Is it bullshit? Do you guys bother with it?
>>
>>36953329
incomplete proteins? do you mean amino acids?
>>
>>36953329
I'm not a faggot so I've never thought about it desu
>>
>>36953329
>"In combating the myth that meat is the only way to get high-quality protein, I reinforced another myth. I gave the impression that in order to get enough protein without meat, considerable care was needed in choosing foods. Actually, it is much easier than I thought.
>"With three important exceptions, there is little danger of protein deficiency in a plant food diet. The exceptions are diets very heavily dependent on [1] fruit or on [2] some tubers, such as sweet potatoes or cassava, or on [3] junk food (refined flours, sugars, and fat). Fortunately, relatively few people in the world try to survive on diets in which these foods are virtually the sole source of calories. In all other diets, if people are getting enough calories, they are virtually certain of getting enough protein."
Said the person responsible for popularizing the idea of protein combining.
TL;dr it's just bullshit and anyone who spends any amount of time thinking of taking about protein combining is uninformed.
>>
>>36953329
90% of the shit posted on /fit/ is bioscience which serves only as evasion tactics to anons can avoid facing the fact that they're shitty people. They obsess over nonsense like nofap and meaningless diet bullshit to convince themselves theyre "making it" instead of addressing their actual problems.

NB: I'm not saying diet is irrelevant just the "one weird trick"-tier bullshit I see faggots spouting.
>>
>>36953566
>if people are getting enough calories, they are virtually certain of getting enough protein
If you're not lifting.
>>
>>36953566
>that last sentence
rest in piss ameriburgers
>>
>>36953566
>Tfw eat a shit ton of sweet potatoes
What do I need to pair this shit with, I've slowly been eliminating meat from my diet.
>>
>>36953566
That's to survive and prevent frank deficiency. Obviously at that point it really doesn't matter.

To optimize the metabolic roles of amino acids, e.g. for muscle growth and cognitive functioning, it becomes important.
>>
>>36953566
Why are you so retarded.

Obviously you can survive without crunching numbers on the amino acid profiles of your foods, but it's definitely not the best way--especially amongst a bunch of body conscious /fit/izens.

Protein quality matters as much as quantity. No, you won't get as ripped as possible eating only gelatin.
>>
>>36955915
That's debatable
>>
>>36956015
How so?
>>
>>36953566
>The exceptions are diets very heavily dependent on [1] fruit or on [2] some tubers, such as sweet potatoes or cassava, or on [3] junk food (refined flours, sugars, and fat).
For just survival people have lived on fruit only or nearly only diets and not had any issues. For anything that needs you to take in more protein such as growing I don't think it'd be good, but some people are able to adapt to extremely low protein diets over the long term
>>
>>36956003
>No, you won't get as ripped as possible eating only gelatin.
That's the point, so long as you aren't autistic and eat only one food all the time (ie a vaguely varied diet) you don't have to worry about it. If you meat your caloric intake you will very likely surpass your protein requirements.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.