[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So a little while ago I saw someone post on the misc about doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 480x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 480x313
So a little while ago I saw someone post on the misc about doing a year long martial arts training camp in China and I got interested. More recently I've been talking to some people about maybe trying to do something with ninjutsu but I can't find any camps that offer the same services (the camp I was looking at in China offered food and shelter for a year) in Japan. Is anyone experienced with that sort of thing that can help?
>>
>>36951769
Ninjutsu isnt a martial art op and anyone advertising that they can teach it are just white dudes in pajamas
>>
>>36951796
Ok so I should just stick to the Kung fu school? I mean, as you can tell I'm not very educated on the subject
>>
>>36951868
Depends on why you're wanting to learn. Self defense or are you just wanting something to do?

You should google whats near your area first and do some research
>>
>>36951909
I want an opportunity to travel abroad and also learn something that can potentially give me some self discipline and self defense. It's only 5000 for a year with food and housing included for the kung fu training camp and honestly I was just curious if they had something similar for ninjutsu as I heard that's a more effective martial art but that was from some scrub I work with so I don't really know.
>>
>>36952747
Ninjutsu isn't a real martial art, unless you call the equivalent to Pablo the gardener stabbing you in the neck when you aren't looking a martial art.

Muay Thai has a huge industry for international people looking to train. You could look into that, and it'd probably be cheaper. Gyms like Fairtex have been part of the international industry forever and are well known. They are so well known at this point that you can go without knowing a word of Thai and still get by. If you're cheaper, you can look around Sherdog or MMA forums and find gyms in the jungles where you should probably read up on Thai before going.
>>
>>36952747

What >>36952794 said, Thailand has alot of places for westerners to stay and train. A buddy of mine actually spent half a year training over there. Pretty sweet deal if you want to travel.

But every martial art clicks for different people, so you really need to try something locally and see what you like, then plan your trip
>>
>>36951769
You could move to a settlement in Israel and study Krav Maga for a year.
>>
>>36951868
>>36951769
>>36952747
Protip: Don't trust any group that calls themselves a 'kung fu school'. Any halfway reputable organization will either refer to their art as Guoshu, or by one or more of the many various schools of Chinese martial arts.

Protip II: Don't fucking trust the Chinese. 這不是笑話,千萬不要信中國人, I'm being serious here. Going to China is Step 1 of a million "ways to get yourself screwed" guides. Don't go unless you have done your research and know how to avoid scams.

Protip III: If you believe there are "Kung fu schools", you are not wise enough to go to China

Protip IV: Thailand is pretty cool, although they're pretty much China's bitch now politically, things are very different culturally. You'll still probably get scammed, though.
>>
>>36953039
What do you think about Krav Maga schools in Tel Aviv?
>>
>>36953039
Ok this is helpful. One thing though what kind of scams are you talking? The school is kind of secluded from the city.
>>
>>36951769
are you a naruto fan escapee? Oh boy are you going to have a treat...
>>
>>36953052
I know nothing about Krav Maga, or living in Israel. I only know anything about Chinese martial arts because my girlfriend is a member of the guoshu club at a top Taiwanese university; I've only studied very, very beginner level martial arts myself. Karate and Taekwondo as a kid in the US, Judo and Tai-chi in Taiwan.

>>36953146
>what kind of scams
Don't go to that school. Don't go to China. You are far too naive, far too trusting, and far too ignorant. There is a high probability you will get eaten alive. Best case scenario, you go to a shitty school and come out with laughably bad "kung fu" that they taught to the idiot laowai.

tl;dr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY
>>
>>36953052
>>36953269
Krav Maga is the fedora of material arts, it's absolute shit and not worth learning. Hell, I could kick your krav maga ass as a boxer.
>>
>>36953269
I may not be educated in martial arts but I'm not naive. I've lived in Japan for 2 years and Thailand for 1. So when it comes to day to day dealings I'm completely aware on how to deal in a foreign country. Also im in contact with someone actually attending the camp right now and has been for 7 months and he's giving positive feedback. I don't know what his credentials are past that he studied karate in Okinawa for a pretty long time and I wouldn't even be able to attend myself for another year so as far as research goes I've been doing a lot and have plenty more time to do more. So instead of insinuating about who I am is there any other advice you're willing to give?
>>
Why the fuck do you want to train in chinese martial arts? 98% of them are bullshit or not as effective as the most famous ones in the western world like kickboxing, MMA, boxing etc

If you want a better martial art, do Sanda, which is Chinese kickboxing. Don't trust the whole chinese chakra or pressure point stuff. Don't bother learning techniques that will obviously only work if the other person is standing still and has his arm stretched out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.