[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-Improvement Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10
File: daily-changes.jpg (132 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
daily-changes.jpg
132 KB, 640x628
How have you bettered yourself today /fit/?
>>
>>36951608

I haven't.
>>
I didn't do or say anything I regret.

But I do regret a lot of things I did not do
>>
Read another chapter of the prince and guns germs and steel

did duolingo for 30 minutes

Read some biomechanics book

did some client routines (work)

worked out for 3 hours, (sheiko prep cycle 2 week 6 day 3)

cooked and ate food

masturbated
>>
>>36951608

Used my penile traction device for an hour to fix my Peyronie's disease

>tfw your dick has severe curve and also phimosis + stinks
>>
>>36951652
Deep.
>>
>>36951664
m8 the chapters in the prince are like 2 pages long
>>
File: 1459814005561.jpg (107 KB, 1000x598) Image search: [Google]
1459814005561.jpg
107 KB, 1000x598
Just finished a workout, now gonna grill a pic related. BBQ season is here brehs.
>>
Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post this here:

Anon with zero phisical condition here,
Im starting my training to join the armed forces.
My current goal is running a mile in around 8 minutes.

Any anons in the same path?
Any advice military fags can offer?
>>
>>36951677
Does it work?
>>
>>36952435
Couch to 5k
>>
>>36951608

About to go for a run after eating a Subway Chicken back and Ranch sandwich and a chili dog and an oreo blizzard.

Am I going to make it?
>>
>>36952562
Are you Jonah hill?
>>
>>36952562
Probably not m8.
>>
File: allthegains.jpg (3 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
allthegains.jpg
3 KB, 125x121
I don't feel depressed today.
>>
I saved some jobs to my profile but I'm to much of a pussy to apply to them.
>>
>>36952435
Start running, push-ups, sit ups, and pull ups.
>>
I slapped on another pair of 2.5 pl8s
>>
>Just finished my third week of going to the gym 5 days a week

Not too bad, I guess.
>>
File: 1434139422307.jpg (26 KB, 218x800) Image search: [Google]
1434139422307.jpg
26 KB, 218x800
>>36952635

I don't get it

>>36952665

Thanks. Got 2 miles down in 16 minutes and came back because of the rain. Posting on /fit/ is always a top priority when returning from a "workout".

Gonna finish with calisthenics.
>>
>>36951664
>Gun, Germs, and Steel
>Believing in Enviornmental Determinism
The reason why whites are doing the best is because of evolution caused by geography not limiting or advantages factors in the geography, although that plays a small role.

Ya the points he makes in it are retarded and are correct only in his frame
>>
>>36951716
>steak
>BBQ

Choose one you fucking Yankee pleb
>>
>>36951608
>Smashed 150 pages of pic related
>Worked 8 hours
>45 minute cardio session
>watched God emperor Trumps speech
>Hit all my nutritional goals for the day

Today was a good day brehs
>>
>>36952881
>The reason why whites are doing the best is because of evolution caused by geography not limiting or advantages factors in the geography, although that plays a small role

Wtf does this sentence mean?
>>
>>36953006
I am talking about the retarded shit guns germs and steel says. He makes the point that Europe is doing well because of geography and not race and that is obviosly wrong.
>>
>lifted
>hitting my macros
>learned more about web development for my internship this summer
>talked to friends in my classes for social gains
Not a bad day desu
>>
Strengthened my Perl skills with some practice problems.
Studied for my Systems Programming final.
>>
>>36953036

why is it wrong you pol faggot
>>
>>36951664
Masturbating is quite the opposite of bettering yourself tho
>>
>>36953130
It's fatlogic applied to history, it's complete bullshit
>>
>>36951664
>guns germs and steel

Isn't that the book where he argues that white people were just lucky because Europe happened to have a perfect environment?

Because his book assumes that the European environment is a natural thing, most of the rivers in europe are artificial, the entire scottish landscape was inhospitable but was completely replaced by the British people, same with most of the UK actually.

One point he makes is of Cows, saying Europe was lucky to have cows. but Cows are artificial, they are bred from Aurochs which were a very violent and dangerous animal, the Africans had buffalo which proved to be far easier to breed into a farming animal.
>>
>>36953553
> didn't read the book
> criticizes it
He says animals were easier to domesticate. For example, Europe and Asia have horses. But Africa has zebras, which have still not been domesticated

He says climate is more varied. Temperature allows for a variety of pants. Places near the equator, don't do so well.
>>
THE LIST:

>lifted bruh
>went to work
>practiced piano
>composed some music
>read articles that disagreed with my current worldview

feelin' good bros
>>
>>36953703
>Africa has zebras, which have still not been domesticated
they are farmed actually, and his geography thought experiment is completely reversed when it comes to china. claiming that the same factors that influenced Europe had opposite effects in china

he also makes the mistake of the eurocentric world view by only really considering western nations when he talks about the prevalence of western plants and animals, ignoring far eastern civilizations when it goes against his arguments. That man needs to learn more about India and China, because they both go completely against his arguments
>>
File: cancer.jpg (46 KB, 640x655) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
46 KB, 640x655
>>36951608

Shot heroin
>>
>Got off early
>Immediately lifted
>Cleaned apartment
>Read a chapter of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy because apparently everyone shouldve read it
>Didn't break down and text her today. Learning to be less dependent because it's just pushing her away anyway

Today was breddy gud.
>>
I srsly took a five gallon dump that felt like it had a basketball worth of air driving the stream at 1000 psi, sounded like I was playing tuba while pouring out a bucket of grapes
>>
>>36951608

im almost at my goal, been cutting while eating lots of protein, maintained my lifts

but holy shit, strict diets for so long are slowly driving me crazy: I eat tasty/healthy food like chicken breast/steak/eggs/etc but eating at a deficit sucks balls when you are so active.

I just want to eat at maintenance. but im not done cutting.
>>
>>36953790
That's awesome, didn't text my gf either. It's been two weeks since we we last met outside work, she can fuck right off.
I read a great quote I thought you might appreciate. I'm not usually one for quotes but somehow it struck a chord with me. It goes something like:
A"A bird is never afraid the branch it's sitting on might snap, for its trust lies not within the brach, but its wings. "

We need to get ourselves some wings dude.
>>
>>36953858
Fuck that's deep, I'm remembering that one

Also
>Turned down fucking a fairly fat chick that I would have otherwised for the sole purpose of fucking
>>
>>36953858
god shut up
>>
>>36952881
>>36953553
He makes arguments for why european nations developed, and even supports the notion for why they genetically advance farther the rest of the world. He really tries to make anti-racism but ends up making points that can be either used against him, or supports genetic superiority
>>
>>36953893
Fuck you cunt, come at me
>>
>>36953931
come get me with your pretty bluebird wings, you sound like a maxipad commercial
>>
>>36953963
I thought it was inspiring, it fits my situation. I for oneone was fucking terrified my gf might break upup, I wouldn't have known what to dohad no self esteem at all. Now I'm starting to better myself and now that we are breaking up it's not so bad, because I realized that I am capable of developing qualities others might like.
>>
I know you're all going for psychological, but I hit 425 deadlift weighing 150lbs. I still look like shit but I did it guys. Recovering skelly 7 months in. Fuck all of you who said I couldn't.
>>
>>36951608
I murdered a few bushes
>>
We had a corporate BBQ today and people seemed to think I was funny so I have some new office friends
Also added more weight to my routine for the first time with pretty good results (lost some sets on the later exercises because I was exhausted faster)

>>36954022
fucking nice dude, I'm 120lb skelly right now but I think I'll make it. We all will
>>
>>36953744
I play also, what song are you currently working on?
>>
>>36954054
You can bro, eat eat eat, work out 2 hour sessions 4-5 times a week. Hit it hard every day.
>>
>>36952435
Not military, but I'm using couch to 5k, and I progressed cast enough that I can run a mile in 8 minutes within the first three weeks. I've never run a mile in my life before this program. It's seriously awesome.
>>
1500 cals a day roughly

fuck everything

anyone that says bulking is harder is a fucking retard

>captcha is food
>>
>>36954071
Shouldn't I be leaving a day in between workouts to actually let shit repair? I heard you can over work
>>
>on a PPL routine
>today was leg day
>had a little bit of down time at work so i read some philosophy for them mental gains
>also took a walk with my coworkers
>after my workout i drove to my moms house
>her garden is overgrown with vines and trees
>cleared out most of it
>gonna finish it later this week and plant some veges
>lifting and being outside is the only thing really keeping me sane atm
>that and the 2 beers i drink after work most nights
>>
File: 1443242541583.jpg (32 KB, 219x281) Image search: [Google]
1443242541583.jpg
32 KB, 219x281
>>36954095
>helping out your mom
>>
>>36954022
Post video or didn't happen
>>
>>36954094
Yes. I worked 4 days a week cuz that was all that was open. 3 in a row, break, one day, 2 day break, repeat. Full body every day, just make sure you target different muscles in the legs etc.
>>
>>36954094
God only rested one day and that's good enough for you too senpai
>>
File: 1442741376951.jpg (86 KB, 459x599) Image search: [Google]
1442741376951.jpg
86 KB, 459x599
>>36954124
This was the motivation I needed. Thank you anon.
>>
>>36954108
It seems weird but shes actually one of my best friends. Shes been divorced for 15 years now and so i like to help her out. We go out for drinks every now and then too. Its an odd feel but i wouldnt trade it for anything.
>>
>>36954111
>proving to some shitposter what I can do as a person.

Come on, why should I? I'm just here to tell everybody how I made myself a better person, and that they can too.
>>
>>36954154
Yeah my parents separated about 8 years ago. We're really good friends now too. We don't go out for drinks but I'll buy a bottle of wine and we'll share it now and then
>>
>>36954122
>>36954124
>>36954142
Be careful though anon, working 6 days a week means you need a thorough workout that works all muscles in the body. Don't be doing bench all day.

4-5 days 2 hours is plenty for the beginner. If you put in work it will put you in a grind.

Don't ever skip a day bro.
>>
>>36954061

Haydn's Keyboard Sonata in D Major
Poulenc's Suite Francaise
Brahms op. 117 no. 1

What're you up to? Need ideas for new tunes.
>>
>>36954177
thats still nice. My dad is an alcoholic and has been in and out of rehab maybe 5 times. He seems to have been clean for about a year now. My best friend also went to rehab. It sucks. I just want to have a beer with my dad and my best friend but i cant.
>>
>>36953858
Breh. That quote is fucking great. She hasn't talked to me since yesterday, so I needed that.

Who knows. Maybe it'll all work out for us, but I agree in finding our wings. May the gains be upon you.
>>
>>36954198
>>36954061
Give Chopin's Military Polonaise a whirl. You'll never look at octaves the same way again.
>>
>eat -1500
>was on 4000 for 3 months
>work out like normal +10 minutes jump rope at some point in the day everyday
Is this enough cardio
>>
>>36953771
Nice. Can you post trip report
>>
>>36954022

im 80lbs and i deadlift 425lbs for 8 reps easy
>>
>>36954083

gay pussy
>>
>>36954386

Trees and grass were moving in a way I had never seen before, above the surface of the ocean. Branches and leaves seemed to burn with motion, each becoming a hazy, insubstantial blur as they moved. 'Like kelp, but not' I said out loud. It occurred to me that I was talking to myself, and had been for quite some time, and a fresh gale of laughter overtook me. Each old and familiar sight was altered, changed somehow as to make it appear completely new and wonderful. I looked up at the sky, curious, and was greeted by the sight of a vast cerulean ocean. It was a very clear day, and both the moon and the sun were visible, and they both screamed and competed for my attention. A jet soared overhead, and it left a great plume of rainbow exhaust all the way across the sky. As I watched, the jet passed cleanly through the moon and out the other side, creating momentary chaos. The sky changed entirely, becoming first darker and then lighter. Colors sprang from nowhere, and disappeared just as quickly. I knew how easy it would be to forget everything and watch the sky patiently until the end of time, but I had other things planned for the day. I looked at an oak, and saw that each leaf was in fact a diffuse, green light. The green gave way to blue, which in turn gave way to yellow. These changes continued at a fairly predictable rate, and I realized that I had control over them!
>>
>>36952736
you're not alone.
>>
>>36952435
Jesus Christ playing sports in hs has really changed my athletic standards. The fat jv kids would run an 8 minute mile for soccer. Everyone on varsity was in the 5-630 range easily
>>
>>36954157
>making outlandish claims and expecting to be believed

Eat shit and die, e-statter
>>
>>36954496

can you shut the fuck up
>>
>>36954689

Can you post a pic of you sucking on a fat cock? For research purposes
>>
>>36951608
3 sets 30 oblique crunches, 3 sets 30 crunches
Feelin good for a rest day
>>
File: dog.jpg (70 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
70 KB, 500x374
Yes! I started doing an essay due a week from now, got a job, made up with a (crazy) friend, and just genuinely had a good day.
>>
>got 8 hours of sleep
>read
>lifted
>hiked
>swam
>ate a shit load of chicken for dinner
>haven't fapped yet

Rise up with me bros.
>>
>>36953963
>Thread went from intellectual to bro in 3 posts.
Never change /fit/
>>
>>36954565
What should we do, bro?
>>
discovered that i don't eat enough
didnt fap
>>
>>36951608
Didn't add sugar to morning coffee, or any coffee/tea through whole day.
Cooked a meal instead of going out. (guacamole stuffed chicken breast).
>>
>ate a egg bacon burrito for breakfast
>work 4 hours
>eat chicks Caesar salad for lunch
>work 4 more hours
>1 hour of back exercise
>1 hour of biceps
>30 minutes cardio
>got home and did yard work
>2 eggs for dinner
>still havent fapped
>>
>>36956988
Join the black coffee club anon, it's amazing
>>
File: 1420461665024.jpg (48 KB, 500x672) Image search: [Google]
1420461665024.jpg
48 KB, 500x672
Need some help anons
>How do I completely cut out drinking soda?
I just can't seem to stop, and now I get free soda from work (gas station, free soft drinks) and there's no water dispenser. Does drinking stuff like sparkling water help to ween me off? I did something similar with using vaping to replace smoking, but I haven't stopped completely either

>How do I fix my sleeping schedule?
I always manage to stay up until about 2am. While I do usually get 6-8 hours of sleep, there's a lot time in the morning I'm wasting. I'm really not sure how to do it, I'll always find something to keep me up. The only advice I've gotten is to pull an all-nighter and go to sleep when I want to normally.

>what do about my diet
I'm not home very often or much during the day so I tend to eat out and snack a lot. Should I try cooking a big meal at home and just pack a lot of it with me?

>How do I stop masturbating so much
I can't seem to last on nofap longer than a week or two.

In general, I'm really unmotivated, I'm on /fit/ right now to try to get the motivation to start going to a gym again. On the plus side, my depression isn't nearly as bad and I'm seeing a counselor about it finally. My guitar playing has gotten much better, but I have a lot of work ahead of me for the summer
>>
>>36957306
>soda
If it's the caffeine you need, start drinking coffee. If it's the flavor, there's not much you can really do about it but man up.
>sleep schedule
I struggle with this as well, it's why I'm up right now. But I've fixed it before using MELATONIN<3, try and wake up early one day like cut your sleep short and then you'll be tired enough with melatonins help to go to bed on time.
>diet
meal prep
>masturbating
idk
>>
Went back to work for the first time in weeks, after midterms.

Also first time in a week and a half, got to work out. feels good bro

>>36957349
I have a circadian rhythm disorder that basically results in my internal clock having 26 hours in a day, can confirm melatonin is GODTIER HERMENS
>>
>>36953122
Nice bro, but if you have any choice in the matter learn Python not Perl. It's more fun and earns you more $.
>>
>>36953758
To be fair he up and admits he doesn't have a good explanation for China. Put the /pol/ aside and it's clear the book isn't even about Europeans per se; it's about how EURASIANS of the middle latitudes were way ahead of native Americans, Africans, Australians, etc. And there geography does make sense.

For a really well considered book on Europe vs China read 'Why the West Rules', which boils down to 'a whole lot of complicated factors'. Remember Europe was sometimes ahead (Rome), sometimes behind (Dark Agres) then pulled WAAAAY ahead sometime around the late 17th C.
>>
I'm learning R, but seriously considering dropping it (for now) and learning python because a quantitative investment banker for a major firm recommended it to me after I mailed him asking for advice.
>>
>>36956600
>>36954565
Practice. Make those social courage gains.
>>
>>36958725
I do tech recruiting for a quant hedge fund and it's the same thing: Python is seen as having a huge future; R is not.
>>
>>36958873

This is what he told me:

master Python:pandas + NumPY

Option Volatility and Pricing Natenberg
Options futures and other derivatives Hull
Investments Bodie, Kane and Markus
Financial markets & rates (don't know the author)

finance/trade == big data

Do you have anything to add maybe?
>>
It's 6:15 AM here, so I'm still at the gym
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.