[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is /fit/'s opinion on marathonfags and why is it wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Kipchoge_EluidH-Berlin15.jpg (85 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Kipchoge_EluidH-Berlin15.jpg
85 KB, 600x400
what is /fit/'s opinion on marathonfags and why is it wrong?
>>
come on now, don't be shy
>>
one more bump
>>
Its like polar opposite of the spectrum when compared to powerlifting.

With lifting and marathoner you
- way fitter than average joe, fitter than average gym frequenter
- contort your body as a result of dedicating yourself to performance (PL's get fat, marathoners are skellies)
- It's really fucking hard m8
-probably risk injury due to overuse if youre not careful
- break and world record and nobody gives a fuck

its just polar opposites when it comes to
-muscle fiber type worked
>>
Extreme distance running is just the other side of the same coin as extreme rich piana tier bodybuilding
Its autism
>>
>>36950743
>>36950660

but are the two ends really that comparable? what about health? isn't that what really matters in the fitness world? because in powerlifting aesthetics stops being a thing
>>
the way type I muscles work and hypertrophy is the total opposite of what type II muscle type work (power and strength)

type I is more efficient but lower intensity
type II is less efficient but higher intensity
>>
>>36950900

makes sense. but what about health benefits? i don't see many powerlifters making it past 65-70, whereas you always see old fuckers running marathons
>>
>>36950932
getting into running marathons at advanced age is so much easier than getting into powerlifting. also, marathons are done in public whereas any elderly powerlifters will likely be lifting anonymously in a gym somewhere and not in a competitive setting
>>
>>36950932
healthwise, you would have to ask yourself.

do you want to live long and slow
or moderate but strong

"From the time you are born to around the time you turn 30, your muscles grow larger and stronger. But at some point in your 30s, you begin to lose muscle mass and function, a condition known as age-related sarcopenia or sarcopenia with aging. People who are physically inactive can lose as much as 3% to 5% of their muscle mass per decade after age 30. Even if you are active, you will still experience some muscle loss.

Although there is no generally accepted test or specific level of muscle mass for sarcopenia diagnosis, any loss of muscle mass is of consequence, because loss of muscle means loss of strength and mobility. Sarcopenia typically accelerates around age 75 -- although it may happen in people age 65 or 80 -- and is a factor in the occurrence of frailty and the likelihood of falls and fractures in older adults."

sarcopenia affects type II muscles more than type I

the choice is your

(comparing apples to apples not apples to oranges CVD/Cancer etc)
>>
>>36950413

stick men do not need to come here
>>
>>36951101
this is the fitness board
and not the destroy your liver and die of a heart attack at 25 so you build an unnatural and unhealthy amount of muscles board
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.