[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, why are you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-04-27 14.42.44.png (384 KB, 1433x1226) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-27 14.42.44.png
384 KB, 1433x1226
Well, why are you?
>>
>>36949819

>having abs
>>
Nobody here is.
>>
>>36950258
i am, planks are boring as shit
>>
Because I can't do weighted planks to make the rep range less than 10.
>>
i dont need to do abs, I do squats
>>
>>36949819
>lifehacker
>>
Because I dont like spending 10 minutes in a plank for a mediocure burn in my core.

Hanging leg raises, dragon flags, and decline sit ups are all you need for abs.
>>
I do weighted planks
Hate them so much but they work the shit out of my.core
>>
>>36949819
Blaha told me do none of them, cuz real men are huge and dont care abot a six pack, its only insecure betas who need sixpacks to trap stupid females. and btw real beasts want real beasts, so if u dont want to get fucked in the ass by a alpha male (like blaha) then just kill urself u insecure beta fuck
>>
>>36950288

good meme bro, almost had me
>>
File: cockroach5.jpg (316 KB, 2500x1856) Image search: [Google]
cockroach5.jpg
316 KB, 2500x1856
I do Crunches in Anons Protein Powder.
>>
>>36950335
Wat
>>
Isometric exercises are less effective than dynamic when it comes to exerting physical strength with the muscle. It makes the muscle effective at holding positions, not a range of motion.
>>
Weighted planks
Ab rollout.
Heavy, heavy front rack holds.
Knee/leg raises.

All can be increased more or less linearly.
>>
>>36950363
Shut the fuck up! u are one of those Blaha haters.
And seriously why u even try to hide ur homosexuality????
>>
>>36949819
I do situs with oblique turns and they work great. How much damage to the spine is really done?
>>
>>36950307
care to attach a picture of you body to your comment "oh by the way i do a bunch of harder exercises" without actually contributing anything to the topic
>>
>>36950423
The issue is less damage to the spine (though still a bit of an issue), it's that they don't strengthen the abs in a productive way that carries over into the heavier lifts in a productive way.

In heavy lifts, the abs act as a powerful column, so you typically want an exercises that perform a similar function.

In addition, most people have a muscular imbalance front-to-back, and crunches and similar exercises exacerabte this, while isometric excercises do so less.

Also, people need to remember stomach vaccuums for bracing.
>>
>>36950505
Thanks, but with that logic wouldn't that put knee and leg lifts in the same category? Leaving only planks, dead lifts and squats?
>>
>>36949819
Because the Army is fucking retarded
>tfw 7 more years left on my contract
>>
>>36950505
This, nothing wrong with crunches. Spinal flexion is something our body is made to do.
However, in today's society we all sit on our ass all today. Too much flexion
>>
>>36950607
I ETS May 2017. No more NG bullshit for me.
>>
You would have to be a complete retard to injure yourself doing crunches
>>
>>36950446
>giving examples of better exercises
>not contributing

Pick one.

Seriously though planks are a girl-tier exercise for people that dont want to put any effort into working out.
>>
>>36950587
Knee and leg lifts are slightly different in that when they're done correctly, there should be little to no spinal flexation, so preferably, you should still be able to strengthen your abs while keeping hour spine extended.
>>
>>36950670
Thanks friend, have a qt
>>
>>36950407
front rack holds?
>>
>>36950822
The position you hold the barbell in while front squatting is referred to as the front rack position.

So for a heavy front rack hold, load up 110% - 150% of your front squat max, and simply hold it at the top of the front squat, while focusing on thoriac extension and using your abs as a column.

I always do them after my last set of squats.
>>
But Scooby's rotisserie ab workout includes situps and planks.
>>
I do weighted situps (just holding a 10kg weight or something)

What's the problem with situps?
>>
File: 1460792255490.jpg (7 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1460792255490.jpg
7 KB, 250x244
>>36949819
I do sit-ups on bosu ball so I can feel my abs when I brace core.

Let's not pretend that decline crunches and bosu crunches don't work desu
>>
>>36952464
Bad for lower back. Bulged disc waiting to happen.
>>
>>36950307
this 100% desu senpai
top tier exercises

planks are shit, show me one person with a seriously developed core who did it with planks, 10 mins waiting to feel anything, fuck that
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.