[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is it that I'm eating 1500 calories a day and walking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: biscuit.jpg (42 KB, 615x416) Image search: [Google]
biscuit.jpg
42 KB, 615x416
How bad is it that I'm eating 1500 calories a day and walking 5 miles every other day?

Will my body enter starvation mode or is that a myth?

I'm 229 pounds but once I hit 200 I plan to be less strict and start working on muscle gain then.
>>
>>36949413
>Will my body enter starvation mode or is that a myth?
It's a myth
>>
>>36949413
>start working on muscle gain then.
Why in the gay hell aren't you lifting now?
>>
>>36949427
That's good, I'm losing about 5 pounds a week right now.

In 6 weeks I'll be able to start working on muscle gain.

>>36949431
Time constraints, I'm gonna give up my 10,000 steps for lifting
>>
>>36949413

It's mostly a myth. It doesn't really kick in until you are literally starving, i.e. like well over 1000 calories a day deficit.

(Which, if you do the math, also happens to be the point at which they say "trying to lose more than 2 pounds a week isn't safe.")
>>
>>36949481
I spent 4 days a week on a 1700 deficit and 3 days at a 1200 calories deficit.

About give or take.
>>
>>36949413
>walking 5 miles every other day
Why not jog it and do it every day?

>Will my body enter starvation mode or is that a myth?
It's a myth and makes no sense. It's like saying your car will magically produce more gasoline when it's on low fuel because it enters "fuel starvation mode."

>start working on muscle gain then
Why not now?
>>
>>36949562
>Why not jog it and do it every day?
Because my legs fucking hurt the next day so I give them time to recover.

I'll do multiple days in a row in the occurrence that my legs feel fine.

My main focus right now is to get out of obese territory and into overweight territory, I feel disgusted at myself.
>>
>>36949591
How tall are you?

If you're really THAT overweight, why not try swimming? No pressure on your joints, can burn just as many calories, and (in my opinion) it's a bit more fun.
>>
>>36949622
5'10

Also poorfag and a membership at the Y is like $55 a month or something because I'm older than 25.
>>
>>36949622
Also I was in better shape 2 years ago, I used to jog instead of walk too.

Just let myself go really fucking bad.
>>
>>36949642
>>36949653
Best of luck to you.
Just keep at it until you come home and collapse.
Then do it again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
And then suddenly you come home and don't collapse from that grueling exercise.
Then you start to love it.

You'll make it.
>>
starvation mode will kick in if you are starving

otherwise you're good

not starving as in going to bed salivating, starving as in the sight of food is enough to send you into waves of euphoria
>>
File: 1459427425171-1.png (577 KB, 640x741) Image search: [Google]
1459427425171-1.png
577 KB, 640x741
>>36949481
I've been on a 1000 calorie deficit and doing cardio for 4 months and I've lost 45 pounds (380 to 335). Starvation mode is a myth.
>>
Unless that's mountains, five miles isn't a lot. Literally nothing senpai. I mean, it isn't bad, but that isn't an amount that can kill you. 1500 is my bmr so I eat that most days.

>>36949642

Try cycling. $50 on craigslist will do you.
>>
>>36949562
Except for the simple fact that a car is a machine and a human is a living organism. The body's main job is to survive. Cardio on a severe deficit slows your metabolism, not because starvation mode, but because of cortisol from the stress your body is going through.
>>
1500 calories is simply not enough for your body to recover from the stress out on it through cardio.
>>
>>36951138
It is and it isn't. Depends on how much bodyfat you have to lose, you can only get a certan amount of energy each day from your fat stores. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15615615

If you're fat as fuck it's no problem really. Seeing people at 300lbs being recommended a 500kcal cut is cringeworthy.
>>
>>36952690
Also this, >>36952612
Don't do hard cardio if you're going really low on calories, I'd recommend walking at your normal pace instead.
>>
>>36951138

No, you're just a morbid fatass so you can lose more weight quicker. You can't enter starvation mode on that (relatively) meager of a deficit when you're already packing more than enough lard to avoid starving for literally weeks.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.