[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Run barefoot anon, it's the best!" Tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: IMG-20160427-WA0001.jpg (850 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160427-WA0001.jpg
850 KB, 1836x3264
>"Run barefoot anon, it's the best!"

Tell me /fit/, did i just fell for a meme?
>>
>>36947230
It's nice on sand or grass
On hard surfaces you should wear shoes.
>>
>>36947230
nah, you wont be able to walk without pain for the next few weeks but it was worth it.
>>
why didnt you just use socks?
>>
File: 0777 - 9fJhmoI.png (20 KB, 638x547) Image search: [Google]
0777 - 9fJhmoI.png
20 KB, 638x547
>>36947258
>Barefoot
>socks

what?
>>
>>36947258
Socks? You think this niggaz gonn feel the shit you say? I got a better chance joining the KKK.
>>
Your feet are disgusting lmao
Why would you run barefoot? What are you? A nigger?
>>
wew lad
Pros dont run barefoot
Because its a meme
>>
>>36947297
Idk, it's a thing now i guess, i read about it and saw few videos.
>>
anon you have common sense...
>>
>>36947230
It is on the beach. I run many mornings year around on the beach. Barefoot. It's glorious.
>>
Why didn't you wear bare running shoes? Or at least cheap ass kung fu slippers?
>>
>>36947307
all lot of runners train barefot especially short and middistance
>>
>>36947230
I run 2 5ks a week barefoot on rough sidewalks, my feet are just calloused with no pain from the start
>>
>>36947230
U got memed on tbqh senpai.
>>
>>36947701
Explain how
>>
The first time I tried it I went straight for 5k and they were in better condition than yours. Im not much of a runner so I only did it a couple of times but any site I read about barefoot running had 90% of the article saying TAKE IT SLOW TAKE IT SLOW.
>>
File: 1460719350404-fit.jpg (556 KB, 2560x1707) Image search: [Google]
1460719350404-fit.jpg
556 KB, 2560x1707
>>36947230
>cardio
>>
Why not go for "barefoot" style running shoes? There's plenty that don't have the goofy looking articulated toes, although if you're happy to run completely barefoot I suppose you might not mind that. They'll let you keep the benefits of improved, natural form without making you end up with AIDS from a needle on the ground. You'll also be able to train run without leaving blood everywhere.
>>
>>36948053
Oops, trail run. Train running might end up with blood everywhere no matter what.
>>
File: bikila_rome_1960_500_0.jpg (33 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
bikila_rome_1960_500_0.jpg
33 KB, 500x310
>>36947230
Okay here's some input from a college runner:

1. Run barefoot on grass or soft surfaces, not concrete or asphalt. This should be a no-brainer. If you don't have access to grass you can always jog around a highschool football field or track, if it's got a good mondo surface

2. TAKE IT EASY AT FIRST. This goes for wearing minimalist shoes as well. The reason over-cushioned abominations like hoka one-one's exist is because dumbasses tried to transition immediately into barefoot running and fucked their shit up. If you run for 30 minutes a day, make the last 5 minutes barefoot/minimalist at a reasonable pace.

3. DON'T HEEL STRIKE. This is good advice in general for runners. Especially when running barefoot, you don't want to land hard on your heel. Modern running shoes allow heel striking because their cushiony foam stops *some* of the hard pressure from landing on your heel, which will fuck up your knees, hips, and back over time. The best way to run is with a midfoot or forefoot strike, but keeping your leg planted directly below your center of mass (ie not far out in front of you)

I went from jogging 15 minutes barefoot to running 20+ miles in minimalist shoes within two years. Hope this helps

Oh, and pic related won the 1960 Olympic marathon in Rome barefoot, and it was set mostly over cobblestone roads. Barefoot running is legit. Humans invented smooth surfaces, not rough ones.
>>
You don't start straight running barefoot you moron

Start slowly, get running socks, practice barefoot in soft grass

Don't go barefoot out on hard concrete from day 1 like a tard
>>
>>36947278
Lookin like a cyclone hit you
Tanktop screaming "lotto i dont fit you!"
>>
OP are you fucking retarded
>>
You know all those East Africans who run barefoot and are so fast? Guess what one of the first things they buy is once they get a little money.
>>
>>36947230
you're not meant to traverse barefoot on any man made surface
>>
>>36948792
lotto got robbed desu
>>
>>36948845
gold teeth?
>>
>>36947230
you wrap the ball of your foot in athletic tape at least, and start slowly on soft surfaces til you build up some callouses
>>
>>36948845
Rims?
>>
>>36948845
usually they have to, for sponsorship reasons
>>
>>36948086
>on your heel, which will fuck up your knees, hips, and back over time

nope, just run like it feels best for you
>>
I did it for awhile and then injured my foot permanently. Cardio has never been the same. Happened 5 years ago and I've been depressed as shit ever since.
>>
>>36948086
I want to run barefoot but how can I trust grass not to have weird hard things dropped in them randomly? (my captcha was to select images of grass, just letting you all know)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.