[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noob quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1414241851964.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1414241851964.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
autist noob here, quick question

Is the sticky really designed for new guys? I've tried them out twice and the gym staff are just telling me to use the weigh machines

One of them, for example, seemed genuinely shocked that I told him I was supposed to be deadlifting, and that I was going to fuck up my back.

I'm just kinda lost and confused, and really struggling on how to do the correct form of these routines, and have no idea what weights I'm supposed to be using.

Like, program says 2x5 dips, I can't do a single one, I can only get away with doing a few half assed dips where I kinda drop about a foot before my arms give out.

I'm not in shape, and I've come to the gym to get in shape, but it seems like you already have to be in shape to execute half the shit on the sticky routines.
>>
>>36946051
>2016 still falling for read the sticky meme
top kek
>>
File: 1460792255490.jpg (6 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1460792255490.jpg
6 KB, 250x244
>>36946051
>people who want your money and make it by taking advantage of you take advantage of you
>you're too stupid to realise this and too stupid to educate yourself
>you haven't actually read the sticky
>>
File: ixSdAMb.gif (11 KB, 501x504) Image search: [Google]
ixSdAMb.gif
11 KB, 501x504
>you don't want to hurt yourself with those big old weights my goy, stick to the safety of these machines and lift to your heart's content, also be sure to drink from our water fountain, 100 percent estrogen free!
>>
>>36946100
But I totally have, have I missed something?

>>36946060
See I have no idea if "Falling for the sticky meme" is in itself a meme or truth. Someone pls speak the truth baby I know u can do it. Resist the temptation just this once for me, please
>>
>>36946175
>falling for the "sticky is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme" meme
>>
>>36946051
Use light weights and good form, use bands for dips and pull ups, and read the sticky.
>>
>>36946051
You know why somethink like Starting Strength gets recommended a lot? There's nothing magical about it. It's not necessarily a better program than many other programs out there. But it does have an entire fucking book dedicated to it, which answers each and every one of all these questions you have.
>>
>>36946185
>falling for the "falling for the "sticky is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme" meme" meme
>>
>>36946266
>falling for the "falling for the "sticky is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme is a meme" meme" "meme" meme
>>
>>36946129
Goddammit, I promise not to laugh at another one of these posts and I still do.
>>
>>36946051
>Is the sticky really designed for new guys?
Absolutely.
> I've tried them out twice and the gym staff are just telling me to use the weigh machines
Of course they are, their job is not to make you strong. Their job is to 1) keep you a customer by making you think their program is working (feel the burn bro? Ok 15 more reps on the preacher curl machine with 10 kgs) and 2) to make sure you don't get injured. (Squats? No that's dangerous. Do them above parallel and make sure your knees don't go over your toes :^) I did a 3 month seminar so I know all about training and fitness!)
>One of them, for example, seemed genuinely shocked that I told him I was supposed to be deadlifting, and that I was going to fuck up my back.
Well if your form is bad you WILL fuck your back.
>I'm just kinda lost and confused, and really struggling on how to do the correct form of these routines, and have no idea what weights I'm supposed to be using.
Read the SS book. Please, just read it.
>Like, program says 2x5 dips, I can't do a single one, I can only get away with doing a few half assed dips where I kinda drop about a foot before my arms give out.
Assisted dips (band/spotter)
Feet on bench dips
LTEs
>I'm not in shape, and I've come to the gym to get in shape, but it seems like you already have to be in shape to execute half the shit on the sticky routines.
You don't have to be in shape to squat or bench an empty barbell. You are panicking, calm down.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.