[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this weight count?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: everyday.jpg (63 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
everyday.jpg
63 KB, 360x480
Doing OHP last night, I had to use this extra long bar designed probably for massive squats since the ends were so long and it weighted 44lbs (20 kilo).. If I add this to total weight it would be 114lbs.
So you dont count the bar weight?
>>
>>36941130
If you barbell bench with 45, do you say you benched 90?
>>
Yes. You count the bar. Everyone. Counts. The. Bar.

This meme needs to end
>>
>>36941165

Probably not, just that in this case the equipment used was not proper and added additional weight.

Its like comparing a short barbell to one thats like an additional 20 inches on each end.
>>
>used extra long 20kg bar for OHP

Wait, isn't that just the standard bar? Is that not what you OHP with normally? The fuck?
>>
>>36941490

That is the standard Olympic bar.

There are bars designed specifically for super-heavy squatting, but they ain't twenty kilos.
>>
>>36941130

you shoulders must be xbox hueg
>>
>>36941130
GUYS, LETS ALL PRETEND WE DON'T COUNT THE BAR TO FUCK WITH PEOPLE LMAO
>>
>>36941165
>>36941201
>>36941539
You assblasted r/fitness refugees are absolutely hilarious. Cry harder. :^)
>>
>>36941201
It was funny at first that there were people that were so deficient they actually fell for it.

Now it's just kind of depressing.

>>36941130
... So before you were using a bar that weighed less than 20kg?

>>36941503
I should point out that by "super heavy squats" we're talking about record setting equipped squats, over 800 pounds, that sort of thing.
>>
>>36941566
DAWG, I'M SERIOUS. LETS ALSO PRETEND THE HOLE IN THE PL8 MEANS IT WEIGHS LESS LMAO
>>
>>36941130
fuck this post hurts my eyes
>>
I dont care.. either way.. I lifted that shit.
so either I am at 70lb or 114.

but 10lbs difference in one bar from another bar should count for something.
>>
The bar counts unless it doesn't.

If you lift a 45 lb bar with 10 lbs of weight on it you lift 55 lbs. If you lift a 45 lb bar with no weights on it you lift nothing.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.