[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Permaleanbulk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: gillian-anderson-1.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
gillian-anderson-1.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
Who here permaleanbulk?
Lift 3 times a week plus 60 mins walking
90 mins cardio 4 times a week.
Anyway who gets fat whilst getting gains is doing it wrong.
>>
this is sorta me, without the cardio

i may mix in short bursts of ketosis

i may mix in the cardio too, but i am afraid it will take me even longer to build mass if i do
>>
>>36940785
I don't mind getting fatter, honestly. You can always lose that spare weight, fuck cardio.
>>
>doesn't lift 6 days a week
>>
File: 1458593063096.jpg (70 KB, 500x629) Image search: [Google]
1458593063096.jpg
70 KB, 500x629
>>36940816
Cardio doesn't burn muscle only calories. I like to eat a high protein diet with lots of pasta etc so cardio is good for me.
>>36940828
I don't understand why people hate cardio here so much. I actually like it.
>>
>>36940845
I know people who do that they are on shitty brosplit and all look dyel.
>>
>>36940868
The idea is that the cardio takes calories that could go into acquiring gainz.
>>
>>36940785
I did the whole lean bulking thing for a while and whilst it worked (good muscle gain, minimal fat), it wasn't very practical. You basically need perfect macros and no cheats. I choose a social life over that.

In the end I just did a 17kg over 12 month bulk, went up to 23% body fat but got the strongest / most muscle I've ever had. Now I'm just cutting it away. I got to be social and non autistic the whole time, would recommend way more than lean bulking.
>>
>>36940868
>I don't understand why people hate cardio here so much. I actually like it.
Old cardio kills gains meme.
>>
>>36940878
>knows people
>isn't a spaghetti pocket
>>
>>36940878

Ppl 6 days =\= brosplits
>>
>>36940903
This guy knows what's up. Fuck cardio get demand >gainnnzzz
>>
>>36940903
Cardio burns the excess calories that way you don't look shit at any time in the year as oppose to getting fat.
>>36940916
Anyone falling for that is an idiot
>>36940942
Lifting doesn't stop you doing cardio unless your severely unfit. It's just lazy not to do both.
>>
>>36940996
>Cardio burns the excess calories
Only if you get it exact. Too much cardio and you will cut into mass gains and you are just spinning your wheels. To little and you are putting on fat anyway. That's why I don't like lean bulking, you have to get it exact, I don't care to obsess that much.
>Don't look like shit at any time of the year
Most people who bulk/cut do it over winter/summer, so when you put on some belly fat it's under 3 layers of clothes anyway. Regardless, I'm at 23% body fat after putting on 17kg and look fine with my shirt off.
>>
>>36941031
>believing cardio eats gains
Are you mental?
>I cover up myself to hide the fat
Completely goes against the point of being fit.
>>
>>36940996
This nigga don't know shit
>>
Here is the way i understand it;
Curently i am eating a surpluss of calories to gain mass.
Cardio burns calories.
Therefore i will require more claories to make up for the ones i burned doing cardio and thus causing me to spend more money on food.
Correct me if im wrong but wouldnt it balance out? Say i am bulking on 3000 cal, 250 over maintenance. If i do 250cals worth of cardio i am at 3000-250 so add on 250cals more of food to make up for it and i am still at 3000. What effect therefore did the cardio have?
>>
>>36941074
>believing cardio eats gains
Calories out vs in. If you are lean bulking you are trying to consume very few calories over what you need. If you are doing cardio you may put yourself into a deficit.
>I cover up myself to hide the fat
You cover up in winter so you don't die.
>>
>>36941177
>What effect therefore did the cardio have?
Heart health, but not much more.
>>
Cardio burns so few calories i wouldnt even worry about replacing them. Unless your playing intense games of basketvall/soccrr/tennis for cardio.
>>
>>36941292
>Cardio burns so few calories i wouldnt even worry about replacing them
[citation needed]
>>
Hey guys

Better to eat less on rest days? Or keep the same on lifting days? I feel like im gonna get a belly doing the latter
>>
>>36940996
>Cardio burns the excess calories that way you don't look shit at any time in the year as oppose to getting fat.
Cardio burns calories, meaning you'll have to eat a little bit more
>>36941393
rest days are more important than lifting days because that's when the muscles are rebuilding and getting bigger, so eat the same
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.