[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you ever wonder if you're average looking or attractive,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 700x467
So someone told me this about two weeks ago and it struck a chord in me. I guess I'm average looking. Problem is I don't really go out much. I work a lot, gym, repeat.

Do you agree or disagree that if you have to sit and wonder if you're average or attractive, that you're probably average looking..?
>>
File: 1416432020419.jpg (14 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1416432020419.jpg
14 KB, 342x245
>>36938529
I don't care anymore
>>
File: besthitler.jpg (76 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
besthitler.jpg
76 KB, 800x500
>>36938529
Not necessarily
>be me
>be average to below average my whole childhood
>hit 18 (haven't started lifting yet so I'm "toned")
>get a new haircut, jawline comes in, braces have straightened my teeth
>walk into a nightclub with my mates
>see a group of girls I used to know from primary school
>all of them look at me wide eyed and mouth open
>one of them just walks up and says "wow anon you've gotten so goodlooking"
>get with two girls that night
>tfw I assumed I was just average until that night
I'm hoping to hit an 8/10 once I have 6 months lifting under my belt and I take better care of my skin.
>>
>>36938586
It's good not to care but looks do affect your life to a certain extent
>>
>>36938529
idk what kind of pathetic parenting you had but my folks told me. Unless talent agents or people ask do you model then you're ugly/average

never cared about looks since. grow up faggot
>>
>>36938632
A lot of people who say they are above average, are really just average.

Not trying to argue with you and say you're average, you could be an 8/10 for all I know. But it's something I've definitely noticed.
>>
It seriously doesn't matter I'm pretty bad looking and was dyel mode for the longest time, autistic socially, but the fact that my parents were rich meant I knew all the hottest girls in my mid size town
>>
Well how do you know if you're average or above average?
>>
>>36938703
It seriously doesn't matter for who? Guys? What about girls?

Looks matter Idgaf what anyone says.
>>
>>36938685
I agree.
I'm not an 8/10 right now, more of a 7 if I'm being a bit generous maybe? I dunno.
I'm saying that 8 is my goal. But yeah a lot of people who think they're hot shit really aren't. Especially women, men tend to be more modest.
>>
>>36938710
>the mirror
>how many mires you've gotten in the last say 6 months
>the attractiveness of your former partners
Combine these three and you get an estimate
>>
>>36938632
post pic so we can judge you
>>
>>36938810
How about
>no
>>
Most people think they're attractive

People who think they're literal 9/10s are usually the ugliest
>>
>>36938674
I always thought I was ugly and grew to not care about looks.

But then someone asked me to do modeling because I look good. Girls seem into me when I'm not being autistic.

Its all very confusing but I'm probably just a 6 with decent hair genes. I dunno.
>>
>>36938743
I knew a fat girl, she was a total bitch and she managed to be fat and have a flat ass at THE SAME DAMN TIME. She thought she was HOT. Nasty. She used to say how she had a booty, too. There was no booty there at all and I'm not a guy who is unreasonable or too picky.
>>
>>36938830
No, most 6/10 girls think they're super hot. The ugliest girls know they're ugly.
>>
>>36938529
well ive had women hit on me from positions they really shouldnt (dentist, healthcare worker, etc) and a lot of women say im pretty. but ive also had 2 dudes call me ugly. the number of women saying im attractive greatly outnumber the # of dudes sayng im ugly, so ive never really been sure.

I think the best way is to base it off the experiences you have had with the opposite sex. Keep in mind these can be greatly improved with a better body/hairstyle/personality
>>
>>36938529
i think it's pretty redundant to think about this stuff. all you can do is work with what you have and make the most of it.
also, ''good looking'' and ''attractive'' can be two very different things.
also also, if you perceive yourself to be good looking chances are higher others will agree.
also x3 i sometimes think i look funky and people constantly tell me i look good. i'm just insecure like that sometimes.
>>
>>36938889
>had 2 dudes call me ugly
You know guys say that to each other regardless of whether the person is actually ugly?
>>
>>36938877
true. 6/10 girls think theyre hot shit because they get asked out all the time. this is because dudes feel like they have a shot since the girls arent 9/10s. It inflates their ego
>>
>>36938912
well im sure one of them was joking but the other was done with malicious intent. he was a "friend" i stopped talking too. pretty sure he had his own issues and was taking them out on me
>>
That would mean if you ever wonder if you are average or ugly, you're ugly.

I guess I'm ugly.
>>
>overweight as a child
>facial features hidden due to fat
>didn't hit puberty until 16
>got really bad acne aswell
>really bad scoliosis so no working out

Finally had spinal surgery last year, went to the gym as soon as I could, ate right, the works
>acne cleared up, solid jaw revealed, ~14%bf now
>Still have the mindset of my teenage uggo self, thinking I'm hideous
>Get told I'm really attractive now
>Know I look good but still think people are fucking with me

What really helped me was going to /soc/ and get face rated by total strangers. I know it's vain and attention whoring but honestly, getting rated by strangers is the best way to get an unbiased judgement
>>
>>36938529
Unless you've got face like a hatchet, low bodyfat and a good amount of muscle will make you an automatic 7/10.
>>
This just in: It is rare to be hot. You go to a university and out of all the thousands of people on campus, you'll see maybe 7-8 hot girls and maybe about 5-7 hot guys.

Hot is a nice face and a nice body combined. Good looking means what it means, they look good but they usually have a couple of flaws like flat chested, short (dude), slightly chubby, or not that great of teeth, etc.

The rest will be good looking/cute and a step above average. But the MAJORITY of the students at any given university are average or ugly.
>>
>>36938998
this
but everyone thinks they're HOT shit
>>
Average here

Fat girls hit on me

:(
>>
>>36938983
I think a person can be hot but not believe it because they used to be ugly growing up so they'll always have the low self esteem. You could be hot or at least above average but what's preventing you from truly realizing it is your past.
>>
>>36938529
I'm fat as fuck, but definitely above average. I get way more attention from girls than I should, but i'm too embarrassed to actually fuck any of them. It's infuriating, but I'm also grateful knowing that when I get /fit/ it's a new beginning
>>
How do you really know if you're average or above average? I don't think you can. Like obviously Megan Fox and Brad Pitt know they're hot because it's very obvious but how can you rate yourself?
>>
>>36939085
Usually peoples reaction to you, or if you can be objective with pictures of yourself.
>>
>>36938820

Confirmed average
>>
File: 1458006720259.jpg (29 KB, 398x356) Image search: [Google]
1458006720259.jpg
29 KB, 398x356
I've had girls straight up call me hot and pursue me

Also been called ugly a few times, by a guy and a girl

I think it's best not to think about it
>>
>>36939085
Best way if you're a coward (like me) is to post in a face rate thread on /soc/, although, even that place is skewed with the tripfags and people rating you lower if you rate them low and straight up not rating you at all if you dont rate anybody else.

Fucking hell /soc/ is a shithole, actually, dont ever go there.
>>
>>36939200
I'm legit ugly and got rated 9/10 by like 5 girls there

It's completely skewed
>>
>>36938917
This. Also shit like tinder an IG they literally get messages everyday from thirsty guys
>>
>>36938529
the things you think are largely constructs of your reality and perception thereof

so, while the statement that if you have to think about it, you must be average can totally be true. it could also be just as true that you and most people are much more likely to internalize it as being true simply because you are lazier than the threshold of willpower needed to disprove it

I mean what's harder, being told you are ugly, accepting it, then basing your life as a victim--you don't have tot think, things are 'done' to you, of couse that girl 'didnt' approach YOU' etc. Or going out and finding proof in a format you inherently resonate with--your personal experience.

blah blah, it all depends really. you could just be figuring out what about YOU you find attractive. people are way different than the media lets on. I'm black for instance, but once you go deep, you realize there are no black people per se. everyone is there own, and if you go in with a pre disposed mindset, you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>36939068
Nothin makes me more mad than a fat person that would be super attractive if they weren't a fat fuck. Stop wasting your potential you fat shit and get to work
>>
ask 100 people what they think their IQ is, and suddenly the 'average' becomes 120+ (rather than the statistically fucking DEFINED 100.)

looks are the same. people consistently rate themselves higher, and others lower than reality.
see also: Dunning–Kruger
>>
I think i lift/dress well/take care of myself because deep down i know i have an inheritely unnattractive face and think that doing these things will make up for it.

I think a large proportion of this board do the same thing.
>>
>>36938529
The thing is you are not sure. And believe me confidence makes you more attractive: you are even more attractive if you are average but you know it than if you dont know if you are more than average [/spoiler]hilarious I know[spoiler]
>>
>>36938529
I'm a cyclist. My presence on the road is as annoying as my huge nose on my face.
>>
This is a really interesting thread.

Not really.

Its the usual

> I'm attractive

> No you're not, because I'm not.

> Oh ok

> Life is pointless if you're not a model

> If you're not a model you are conclusively unattractive.

Don't you have a containment board you can fuck off to? Thanks.
>>
I think if you're at least a cute girl, then you're good. That's in reference to girls. If you're at a least decent looking guy, then you're also good.

Then ofcourse your mind goes back into the "competition" stance. Is he/she better looking than me? Wait a second, that fucker called me average/ugly?
>>
>>36939163
I agree.

Also, idk if anyone is aware of this, but if an ugly person calls you ugly, it doesn't count (unless you know for sure you are ugly) because the person saying it is coming from a place of hatred.
>>
>>36938529
If you actually want to know instead of just throwing around misinformation, a recent study has been done showing that looking at a picture taken a year prior yielded best results on self rating. (assuming little to no major physical change)
>>
I would much rather be called ugly than average.
>>
>>36940726
That's dumb. Who would choose to be ugly over average.
>>
>>36938917
Holy shit this explains so much. The reason girls never talk to me is because they're intimidated by how good I look!
>>
>>36939200
/soc/ is a Reddit containment board
>>
I was quite nerdy and unpopular in high school, but was told towards the end of senior year that a bunch of different girls thought I was very attractive. In college I've had essentially no romantic encounters so it's hard to know what to think. The mires since I've been /fit/ have been nice though
>>
>>36939349

if you're in a room full of degree holders the average is about 110 - 115.
>>
>>36938974
I wonder if Im ugly or attractive

I guess Im average?
>>
Gay black guys seem to hit on me a lot, some even approach me randomly. Not sure what this means, but at least I'm attractive to someone. I think men just care less about the autismo
>>
I'm an attractive dude. I know this, people tell me this completely unsolicited. But I still have instances when I question it or certain aspects of it. This is completely normal.
>>
>>36941303
IQ doesn't = intelligence though and it is more biased toward the way the male brain works. I got tested at 140+ and all my brothers and dad are 140+ too but I'm lazy and add as fuck so I just rely on it to get me by. Certainly helps but it isn't everything
>>
File: -cackles-.png (14 KB, 333x293) Image search: [Google]
-cackles-.png
14 KB, 333x293
>>36940484
I would be a cute girl if it weren't for the hook nose, we should get together and have horrible jew goblin kids.
>>
>>36941958
this is exactly what i'm talking about.
>>
I've always known I was attractive.
Reasonably charming, too.
I am also, however, diagnosed OCD with some psychosis, so I'm a bit fucked that way.
>>
I disagree,
1. beauty is relative obviously
2. How do you think bodybuilders having body dismorphia is a thing? Of course they look better, but see themselves as lower than what they really are, lots of people have this
3. A lot of attractiveness for guys anyways, comes down to confidence. Examples: RSDTyler, girls call him hot and he's a balding fat ginger, or me, on a day I have low confidence, that will effect me physically, I will probably use shittier posture and sulk around more, and not smile as much or be as outgoing, whereas I can pop some MDMA in the same night and feel like I'm on top of the fucking world and am the sexiest motherfucker in the city, I'll stand taller, use better body language, show confidence in my actions, and will probably be able to fuck a 10/10 whereas before I'd be lucky to get a 7-8
>>
>>36939039
:)
>>
Take care of your hygiene and fix your hair every morning and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36943054
Anon what the FUCK did I tell you about posting things that make sense on /fit/? Don't make me force another redpill suppository on you, you cried the last time.
>>
>>36942046
I would be a cute girl if it wasn't for my enormous penis
>>
>>36938529
Idk, I disagree. I've always thought of myself as average, but suddenly realized that women hit on me and at least 3 grills from college have a heavy crush on me.
I'd change it to:
>if you ever wonder if you're average looking or attractive, then you're either average or an autist
>>
>>36938529
>attractive people can't be insecure
>>
>>36939018
Lel totally
>>
>>36938529
average means not having an obvious flaw which something the majority doesn't have. so average means below average.
>>
>>36944825
wow such an intelligent post
>>
>>36938974
actually it means that if you have to wonder, you've average. If you're NOT average people tell you and you will know.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.