[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
forearm & grip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
I'm looking to improve grip strength and forearm size. What are the best exercises that I should do (preferably free weights).

Are pic related any good or are they just a meme?
>>
Fun fact that thing in your picture actually works your jaw muscles more then the forearms. A humans grip muscles are connected at the neck and jaw part and that is where the work of crunching starts. If you get one of those be careful so that you dont break your jaw
>>
Deadlifts
Chin-ups
Dumbbell rows
Kroc rows

Just grip the bar hard. I never isolate forearms but mine are strong. Always overhand grip deadlifts and do lots of chins.

Grip shit had. I get forearm pump from bench.
>>
>>36937342
farmers walks are goat, just grab some dumbbells and walk around your gym like a retard. to get the size try curls gripping the bar overhand or close grip lat pulldown with your palms facing away from u
>>
>>36937342
Hand curls. Nice and slow at 15lbs and you'll get masturbator forearms
>>
File: vBtf7mG[1].jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
vBtf7mG[1].jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>36937382
will they give me a bigger jaw?
>>
>>36937342
Reverse curls and hammer curls are great for isolating forearms. I also like to do wrist curls and reverse curls, and finish forearms up with any towel grip exercise. Either I'll hang a towel over a pull up bar, grip it and hang as long as I can for 3 sets. Or I'll wrap a towel through a kettleball, grab the towel at the end and hammer curl it
>>
>>36937342
Towel pull ups, deadlifts, and farmers walk
>>
>>36937342
i got 1 of those, bretty gud
>>
>>36937382
Lel I few weeks ago I would take it for a troll post, but lately I started training grip and wondered why the fuck cant I keep my jaw neutral while doing this. Should I expect dat strong jaw gains?
>>
>>36937342
Wrist roller
>>
>>36937342
Do these help increase circulation into the hands? My forearms are vascular as fuck but my hands get cold really easily
>>
>>36937881
I was just about to ask about this. I don't notice too much growth or strength increase when using these.

What length of rope do you use and what weight?
>>
>>36938189
Its the best thing for forearm size

You need to aim to get that burn, do 5 sets both ways and youre good

Remember you need to work hard or you wont grow shit
>>
>>36937389
>Deadlifts
>>36937583
>deadlifts
I'm looking to improve grip strength FOR deadlifts.

Deadlifts on their own might be decent for size gains for a noob, but as I'm getting closer to 100kg I notice my grip strength lacking. Last workout I kept dropping the barbell.

I'm going to buy some straps but that's not exactly fixing the problem.
>>
>>36937342
my uncle was a wrestling regional champion and he always advocated towel pullups,farmer walks and a kind of isometric exercise for grip.the exercise he showed me worked like this:
1.supinate one of your palms and pronate the other
2.bend your fingers to form a hook
3.put the pronated hook inside the supinated hook and pull yourself until you cant hold it together
4.take a break and repeat with the supinated palm pronated and vice versa

sorry for the bad explanation im not a native english speaker,exercise looks like pic related
>>
>>36938286
>100kg DL
>not a noob.
Unless you're a girl then how u doin babe
>>
>>36938359
bruh when did I say I wasn't a noob? ok maybe I worded that a bit weird. I'm barely past my 1st month of SS.
>>
>>36937844
hahaha yes !!!
>>
>>36937342
Pretty much anything with dumbbells. Do some DB lunges tfor a nice compound
>>
>>36938262
How much weight do you use? I'll throw a 10 lb on and do it up, down, and back up.

Also, what would you consider a rep?
>>
>>36938304
That's called kung fu grip and GI Joe has been doing that for 50 years.
>>
>>36938527
Don't fucking waste your time with a wrist roller. Are you fucking 15?
Dumbass
>>
Captains of Crush my man. go to wallyworld and buy the one you can barely close and the one you can't.

I can close #3 for reps, it's good feeling and SUPER helped my lifts, specifically deads and cleans. absolutely worth training specifically
>>
>>36938587
No, I'm 25. Why not? Does shit posting give you your wrist gains?
>>
File: tmp_19537-Popeye-892432873.jpg (15 KB, 346x334) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19537-Popeye-892432873.jpg
15 KB, 346x334
Farmers walks are the best for forearms. Had to stop because after doing them every workout for 3 months I was going Popeye mode.
>>
>>36938587
wrist roller is absolutely dynamite for forearms, top shelf exercise. Most people go to light.

doesn't help grip that much
>>
>>36938596
If only being an utter dumbass gave you wrist gains, then you wouldn't have wasted board space
>>
Get an Olympic bar with 10kg on either side. Pick it up with one hand (like you're about to do a one handed farmer walk) and hold it steady. Don't let it tilt to either side (and don't walk anywhere, this is not a farmer walk).

Do it for a long as you can 3x either side. Do this after all the other forearm stuff.

Add more weight as necessary!
>>
DB lunges. Work your legs and core out while you're at it.
>>
>>36938590

I've had one for 2 months now, closing for reps is impressive. I just try light squeezes if I go heavy maybe 1/4 close.
>>
>>36938664
a wrist roller builds your forearms, its not for your actual wrists you dumb fuck. How are you even allowed on the internet without a helmet
>>
>>36938722
Would you quarter rep a squat? You need to close it to work the full range of motion.
>>
>>36938773

Yes. And yes that would be great. I am close to closing a number 2.
>>
I have one of those dial a weight grippers.

3 sets of 10 3 times a week before I go to the gym for upper body. Every time, i turn the knob a half turn higher.

It toned the hell out of my forearms, but doesn't make them bigger (wrist and reverse wrist curls did a little) but I can now squeeze 88 pounds of functional strength. I guess that's nice.
>>
File: Hand_Grips.jpg (93 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Hand_Grips.jpg
93 KB, 960x544
>>
>>36938787
Explain to me the logic in quarter repping anything.
>>
>>36938813
>toned
watch out with this word around here,you might be set upon by rock throwing frogs
>>
>>36938834

Shit, I forgot. My bad.

Thanks for the warning.
>>
>>36938304

what the fuck kind of fucking non native speaker uses fucking supinated and pro-fucking-nated in a fucking sentence. fuck
>>
>>36938854
im a personal trainer,sorry
>>
>>36938286
Try performing a lower weight with double overhand grip for more reps, focus on squeezing hard with your hands
>>
>>36938824
those are just meme-tier. Get an adjustable one, they are "decent". Though youll max those regular ones out pretty fast. but seriously just deadlift more.
>>
>>36938893
why people use mixed grip still puzzles me.
its the #1 cause of bicep tendon tears and its essentially cheating.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/GripTraining/wiki/faq
>>
File: 1423482210773.gif (345 KB, 488x154) Image search: [Google]
1423482210773.gif
345 KB, 488x154
>>36939159
>there's a sub for this
>>
do you have to walk in farmers walk?
>>
>>36939686
do lunges instead of walkng
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.