[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chinups vs pullups + barbell bicep curl as assistance work for SS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (77 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77 KB, 512x512
Chinups vs pullups + barbell bicep curl as assistance work for SS?
>>
File: 1447561872986.jpg (97 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1447561872986.jpg
97 KB, 800x800
Or do all of them you pussy
>>
Chin ups and chest dips.
>>
>>36931940
Too much.
>>
>chinups vs pullups

doesn't matter which 1 u do, results are identical, anyone who says otherwise is blowing smoke out their ass

>but heres muh study and reference showing muh computer generated stimulus shows chinups and pullups having different effect

Its a fucking computer generating information based on information putting put inside of it, it's just coming to any conclusion it can come to. It will also show a body-weight crunch that any fat fuck could do stimulating abs more than a 100kg squat which is clearly fucking retarded.
>>
>>36931933

I know Papa Rip recommends using a barbell for curls, but I'd read up on it a bit before deciding on barbell over ezbar:

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/ez-curl-bar-vs-straight-barbell-curls/

Personally, I've decided on using ezbar for regular curls. If I ever add another biceps excercise, I will make it a dumbbell one.
>>
>>36931958
Chin-ups are objectively superior. For both, your back and arms.
>>
>>36931958
>>36932697

Put your hand in pronated position (overgrip) and flex your arm while touching your biceps with the other hand. Now do the same but supinated position (undergrip).
You will notice bicep does much more work in supinated position while not doing much in pronated.

That is why most of the population can usually do 1 or 2 chinups but can't do eve a single pull up, because their bicep is at least a little bit strong while everything else is extremely weak.

If you do chinups most of the work will be done by biceps and some by lats and brachialis.
That's why its much better to do pull ups which will work hard on your lats and brachialis and then add some curls for bicep. By doing chinups only you will end up with weak back.

Do your daily dose of pull ups bros or you are never gonna make it.

Source: physioptheraphy fag
>>
>>36932869
I can do 8-10 chinups and 8-10 pullups

what does that mean for me?
>>
What about rear delt work? seems SS has barely any. Should I just throw in rear delt flyes twice a week?
>>
>>36932956
that you're a big guy
>>
I do only super wide pullups now, they hit my lats like no other excercise, but I had to do chinups when I started, then slowly progress to pullups. I strongly recommend to start easy or wide pullups will fuck up your shouders. also don't forget to workout those shoulder rotators with small weights.
>>
File: 1225440108095.jpg (29 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
1225440108095.jpg
29 KB, 300x321
>isolation for a minor and small muscle

Why not just do pull-ups every workout? You can also do close grip pull-ups (read: pullups, not chin-ups) they hit your biceps like crazy.

You guys dont know anything about lifting. Did you assfaggots know that you can even focus more on lats using chin up grip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbPnBiJlBBM
>>
>>36933045
i'm a beginner and just started doing chin-ups 3x5 (and barbell rows) instead of lat pull-down. They are getting "easier" but when should I try to do pull ups? I cannot do them properly now. Should I progress to 3x8/3x10 and then just try to switch?
>>
>>36932869
>If you do chinups most of the work will be done by biceps and some by lats and brachialis.
Sweet, I didn't know I could effectively curl 110 kg for 5 reps without cheating

By the way that was sarcasm and you should kill yourself. Humerus adduction happens because of the lats and a little bit of triceps.
>>
pullups barely hit the biceps and thats because of the pronation of the wrist. The brachialis which is the muscle under the bicep does get a lot of work though so thats why some people still feel their arms

if we're talking about which one is the best for back the difference is so small its not worth noting. However you can pull way more weight with chinups so for back strength chinups will be better

note: if you're one of those guys who never trains his forearms just do pullups
>>
>>36933158

>Should I progress to 3x8/3x10

absolutely, also rear delt excercises really helps with good form
>>
File: pullup & chinup.png (413 KB, 1283x2086) Image search: [Google]
pullup & chinup.png
413 KB, 1283x2086
>>36931933
>>
File: SS with accessories.png (110 KB, 875x824) Image search: [Google]
SS with accessories.png
110 KB, 875x824
>>36931933
>>36933978
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.