[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw finally hit a 2 plate squat >go to /fit/ to celebrate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1460700976213.jpg (32 KB, 381x572) Image search: [Google]
1460700976213.jpg
32 KB, 381x572
>tfw finally hit a 2 plate squat
>go to /fit/ to celebrate
>immediately see "Is 2/3/4/5 strong?"
>realize that I'm pathetically weak and should give up.
>>
"it's not your goals that matter, it's your current progress that matters the most"
>>
>>36931646

Everyone is weak as fuck by /fit/ standards. No point going off them.
>>
Just did 2pl8 as well bud.
Feels gud because it's the strongest sqwat in my gym (Uni Gym). I've got small af legs though.

Candito 6 week, help me get to your level
>>
>>36931672
>Never skip leg day
>>
>>36931672
I refuse to believe nobody at ur uni gym can squat 225 lbs. do u not have a football/rugby team or something? Lol
>>
OP, fyi 2/3/4/5 is strong, yeah. that's like 1 in every 10000 adult men kind of strong, especially the 100kg OHP, that's more than most people can even squat.
>>
>>36932549
1 in 10000? Do you actually go outside and look at people? The average man is either skeleton tier or fat
Even if you look at the general lifting population in a regular gym most are dyels and can hardly even press 1 plate if they even performe stuff like squats etc.
>>
>>36931646
do you know what is strong?
my belief that you will make it, anon
>>
>>36931672
Do not fucking do C6W with a fucking 2pl8 squat, for fucks sake.
>>36931646
I'm happy for you, but making a thread about it or some shit is gay as fuck, learn to into quiet dignified self-satisfaction you faggot, you're acting like a woman.
>>
>>36932856
bear in mind that in those 10,000, some are athletes, some are 40 year old factory workers etc etc, people who probably could overhead press 100kg, i think one in ten thousand is realistic

or maybe one in 100,000, considering that most adult men are baby dicked asians
>>
>>36932904
you wont achieve 100kg ohp unless you train for 100kg ohp
there are no athletes (aside from the obvious) or factory workers who would press fucking 100 kg over their head
its one in a million if we are optimistic
>>
just go for the 1/2/3/4

milestones are important OP, you will get there
>>
>>36932522
Nu males don't lift or compete
>>
File: Female_bench_press_record[1].gif (2 MB, 260x229) Image search: [Google]
Female_bench_press_record[1].gif
2 MB, 260x229
>be a shitposter
>hear that 2/3/4/5 is strong
>go to the gym
>OK LETS DO THE 2/3/4/5
>do OHP
>essentially just jerk the bar from the holders, don't even lower it, just drop it again
>YEAH 2PL8 OHP done
>ok now 3PL8 Bench
>do pic related
>it's unclear whether I actually lift the bar or just touch it with my breast from below
>YEAH 3PL8 bench done
>now 4PL8 Squats
>go to the squat rack, do 1/16 squat
>YEAH IM FUCKING HARDCORE
>now the 5PL8 DEADLIFT
>Get rubber floors, stack them
>out of rubber floors, take just plates instead
>Bar is now elevated to the deadlift lockout point
>get straps, go into sumo position
>lift the Bar for 1 inch
>YEAH I'M SO FUCKING HARDCORE 5PL8 Deadlift
>go to fit
>shitpost about it
>threads like "is 2/3/4/5" even strong

After lifting 5 years you come to the realization that if you focus too much on numbers you stop thinking about the muscle, it's far more important to do the proper amount of reps with a good form. You have to feel the muscle.
>>
>>36932927
>one in a million
just makes me want to achieve it even more. currently on 70kg.
>>
>>36932873
>do not fucking do c6w with a fucking 2pl8 squat
fuck you man his program help me get a 3pl8 deadlift.
>>
>>36932995
I chuckled.
>>
>>36933421
Jesus fucking Christ, the point is that with numbers that low, you can still do some sort of LP, which is much more efficient than periodization at that point.
>>
there are people in my gym who would make the majority of /fit/ look like babies and yet would struggle to OHP 1 pl8

>>36932995
desu you have to be pretty strong to even get some kind of movement of 5pl8 off the ground
>>
>>36932856
Most people at my gym do 2 plate, even the old guys. Then again, my gym is full off Hispanic manlets that don't speak English n kneegrows, some Jews but I never seen a Jew squat.
>>
>finally hit 2pl8 bench for 5 reps
>feelin goooooood
>hear someone grunting obscenely loud while deadlifting
>find out its Steve fucking Weatherford
>realize no matter what I will never achieve anything like that guy
>start feeling pretty shit
>>
>>36933562
Off the ground? Not really, unless you're pulling sumo.
>>36933612
I do not believe that "most people" at your gym can press 2pl8.
>>
>>36931646
Should give up, won't give up
There you go OP
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.