[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was bullied a lot during PE lessons in high school, so I developed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 4out.jpg (125 KB, 1678x1119) Image search: [Google]
4out.jpg
125 KB, 1678x1119
I was bullied a lot during PE lessons in high school, so I developed hatred towards sports and general workout. Any idea of any type physical activity, especially in group, really pisses me off.
How do overcome this thing? Or this issue is to be solved only by a therapist?
>>
>>36931468
The rapist. You sound like a broken human who can't handle reality. Most gyms are considered safe places though
>>
>>36931468
Working out is for everyone, just go do it.
You don't need therapy
>>
>>36931571
I can't just go and do it, it would highly uncomfortable - you wouldn't force yourself to do something that's not pleasant for you unless its urgent, right?
>>
File: 1455929387067.jpg (54 KB, 450x455) Image search: [Google]
1455929387067.jpg
54 KB, 450x455
>>36931645
That's a child's mentality. I don't squat 405 because it's comfy. Obviously I don't hate it either but it's not "pleasant". Pleasant vs not-doing-it is a false dichotomy.
>>
>>36931468
It's easily solves by drinking bleach you fat fuck
>>
>>36931468
Workout by yourself in your own space. Don't make excuses.
>>
>I can't just go and do it, it would highly uncomfortable - you wouldn't force yourself to do something that's not pleasant for you unless its urgent, right?

Totally get what you mean, I am the same way.
Even simple things become monumental feats of effort because of some inner fear/dislike of doing said things.
One of my fears is to complete my driver's license. I only have the actual driving test left to complete but have been procrastinating it for a long time due to the fear of me failing it. It's silly, I know, but that's how fear works. It paralyzes us from doing stuff we know is beneficial for us. Nonetheless have I booked to take the test today in a few hours. My stomach is filled to the brim with poisonous stinging butterflies and my mind is constantly thinking of reasons why I should just call the driving school and cancel (about an hour ago I even started calling the school but hanged up just when they picked up). I've decided to go through with it no matter what because I know I really want to do it. Fuck the fear. A big reason I'm scared of taking the test is because last time I had a driving session I nearly drove on a mother pushing her childcart and if the teacher wouldn't have stepped on the break i would have smashed right into them. That experience made me terrified of driving again and that was a year ago. I've always been a bit scared behind the wheel but whatever fuck it i'm going there today and even if I fail the test today I will still again go do the test because I fucking want to get my driver's license.
You are stronger than your fear and don't let it fucking tell you otherwise.
>>
Either you start working out, see it isn't so bad, and get healthy and fit or keep whining about your nonexistent issues on the internet and stay fat.
Your call, fatso.
>>
>>36931645
You'll never change unless you push the boundaries of your comfort zone.
>>
>>36931468
Take cold showers for a month.
Just do it, it won't be particularly pleasant during the beginning, but after a week or two you'll start feeling amazing.
After one month you should feel so great as though you could do anything no matter how crazy.
Then you should easily be able to go to a gym.
>>
By being aware of that your dislike of physical exercise (atleast partly) stems from being bullied when you were younger can you use that to your benefit.
Repeat some similar positive thought over and over while doing small things such as bouncing a basketball, then let that thought over time become more compressed and concise (you'll see that it will happen naturally).
example:
>"I am strong, exercise is good for me and I won't let what happened back then decide what I don't do today"
>"I am strong and exercise makes me stronger"
>"I am stronger today than I was back then"
>"I am stronger"
etc.,

Ofc you can skip that whole process and jump right to "I am stronger" but the mind takes time to mold new thinking patterns and this way of gradually changing and compressing the things you say to yourself will help your mind to ease into new habits.
>>
Why were you bullied?
>>
>>36931863
Probably because he is a spineless faggot. I mean come on he can't even go to the gym because he will feel uncomfortable.

Fucking faggot kek
>>
Get good OP
>>
>>36931468
Why are you western fucks such sissies? Fucking hell man, I only hear western people and on that usually whites bitch and whine about such things. You fucks are such wusses. No wonder cuckcucks are so common in the west. All the real men are dead
>>
File: 63875801.jpg (140 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
63875801.jpg
140 KB, 400x400
>>36931468
Take a seat son.

Im the same. I was a short and timid kid in HS. I was very fir though but did not poses any kind of ball handling skill nor the confidence to play team sport. As such I was ousted like a shit cunt. Our PE classes were basically the teachers tossing a football in the group and telling us to play. Literally teenagers the size of 30yos who play international rugby going up against kids like me. At least 3 of them were playing under 20s before year 11.

That aside many of them were surprised when I would annihilate them in solitary fitness tests like the shuttle run, 5km run or biathlons. It was then I decided to start lifting to overshadow these pricks. Whilst they may hold all the social standing from their sports endeavors I knew that outside of school and especially in a gym that that meant shit all. When you're lifting YOU are in control, YOU have the power over your own destiny.

Lifting and overall fitness training is the best thing for a man like yourself. You can gain edge over jock faggots and its always satisfying and hilarious to watch them quiver with confusion when you can out lift them. Fuck therapy mate, the only therapy you need is an Olympic bar.
>>
>>36931799
Proud of you brah.
>>
>>36931468
Oh my god you are the biggest pussy I've ever seen on this board. If you want something go get it
>>
>>36931468
anything can be solved without a therapist.

go to gym
put on headphones and zone out
funnel your hatred for society into weights
feel superior to everyone for rest of the day
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.