[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Compliment or insult
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1242x1052) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1242x1052
Me and my coworkers were chatting the other day at work and I told a girl I did modeling gigs in high school (we both work at the gym) and her response was "yeah, you look handsome enough."

Her response was genuinely non-sarcastic and we have always gotten along, on good terms, but I can't tell if this was an insult or a compliment towards my looks. What do you think?
>>
I want August Ames to step on my balls.
>>
what do you look like
post pic with face and no shirt
no homo
>>
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>36928375
How so?

Telling someone they're handsome is a compliment, obviously but throw in the word "enough" and it seems to turn into like a back-handed compliment...."you're attractive but not super attractive"
>>
>>36928395
You might want to get checked out for the autisms, man.
>>
>>36928406
Would you ever tell a girl

"You look pretty enough."

No, you'd say "you're pretty."
>>
File: power.jpg (30 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
power.jpg
30 KB, 1280x1024
The secret:
It's whatever you want it to be.

Beta-mentality = insult
Alpha-mentality = compliment

Don't let your insecurities fuck your frame of reference. Be strong, senpai.
>>
>>36928420

if she says that she used to model, yes, i would say you look like you're pretty enough. Only saying you're pretty is awkward and cringe. You don't compliment the other sex like that, but by saying enough, you don't escalate
>>
>>36928395
>>36928420
But in the context of a person saying they modeled that is still a huge compliment. The girl is basically saying "yeah, you're a 11/10".

OP if you did modeling you are a good looking person for sure and you do have serious self confidence issues if you need anonymous posters on an underwater-mongolian-basket-weaving board to reaffirm your self-worth.
>>
I can't relate to OP's situation because it's either "you're hot" "you're cute" or "he's hot"(random girl talking about me). So idk.
>>
it wasn't either, it was called being polite. You said you modeled (obviously you never have seriously if you are this insecure), its not like she would call you a liar
>>
nigga this is the dumbest thread ever
>>
>>36928547
(O
>>
Idkk
>>
>>36928547
>nigga
Whats with all the niggaposting on /fit/ lately?
>>
>>36928873
Idk
>>
Handsome enough to be a model. How could that possibly be an insult you autist
>>
>>36928352
this is next level autism

"yeah, you look handsome enough (to be a model)"
holy shit op
how are you so clueless
>>
OP is certainly dumb enough to be a model too
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.