[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like shit. I was just on the treadmill and some cute asian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1457181129144.jpg (178 KB, 569x805) Image search: [Google]
1457181129144.jpg
178 KB, 569x805
I feel like shit. I was just on the treadmill and some cute asian girl came to use the one next to mine. She was looking at me through the mirror and we made eye contact for a good 2 seconds and then she said hi. As she did so, I quickly looked away because I was afraid she would think I was staring and find me creepy. Then I hit 5 minutes and left the treadmill.

I'm a 25 year old virgin and I never made friends throughout all of university. I've had other girls explicitly interested in me but I fucked those up too because I'm such a social retard. I live alone and I think I've been rejected from a scholarship so now I don't even have any decent prospects, just a useless history degree. I like working out because I like looking at myself in the mirror but fuck it, why can't everything be as easy as picking shit up? I hate my miserable life and I want to die.
>>
>>36926878
>girl said hi
>look away cause you think she finds you creepy she finds you creepy
>SHE said hi to you
you are exactly what you said, a social retard
>>
>>36926897
I was alone through all of my childhood. I wasn't raised properly and it literally fucked me up for life. I could probably change if I made friends but it's something I'm just not able to do.
>>
>>36926936
all you need to do is say hi back
>>
>>36926961
I turned away exactly as she said it. I would have liked to but I awkwardly fucked it up.
>>
>>36926977
Do what I do when I have an awkward moment in public, laugh it off, make a joke about it, and stay frosty. The more time you spend worrying about how you come off as a weirdo is time you could be spending learning how to not be a weirdo.
>>
>>36926936
Get therapy man
>>
>>36926936
You srsly need therapy if you've not made one friend your entire life. Like, it's not even worth joking about. If you've got a History Degree you were in college for at least four years and you mean to tell me you never had two conversations with the same person or ever went out to see a movie or a convention or just meet up at some guy's flat to play streets?
You fear rejection way too much.

You chose to take no action, and as such made no friend.
If you had said hi back there was a 50/50 chance she would have continued the conversation. In fact, because she said hi first she probably thought you were cute, so you're looking at 60/40 at least.
But you chose not to act, so the odds of her not talking to you became 100/0.
You miss 100% of the swings you don't take, and all that.

Also, if you've got a degree in history you can just go be a curator at a museum or something.
>>
>>36928132
I've made friends before, I just haven't had one in about 4 years. I've never hung out with anyone since then. I know a lot of my problems would disappear if I could just make a friend and stop living in perpetual isolation, but I can't really find anyone willing to be my friend like that.

I wish it was as easy as just being a museum curator. For sure you need at least a master's, probably more.
>>
>>36926878
I also have no friends IRL so I can't help you OP

But I want to say good luck and we're all gonna make it breh.
I'm with you
>>
>>36927492
>stay frosty

oh my god
>>
>>36928219
>For sure you need at least a master's, probably more
Or you take a grunt job and work up from the bottom. I've only had conversions with three curators in my lifetime, and only one of them had a degree related to African American History. One was an English Major, but the other was a temp in the process of earning his degree who worked there during the holidays.
If the problem's just making money there's no need to even have a degree. If you're honestly enthusiastic about history just work while you take classes; even if you have to just take the minimum amount of classes to have time to work.

Also, everyone's willing to be your friend unless you're an asshole. If you don't have any friends it's because you didn't put yourself out there enough. You need to go to more social events, and/or take the initiative and invite people to go do things with you. Many will turn you down, but just as many will accept. From there it's just a matter of inviting more people until you have a proper squad.

Also, get on facebook, twitter, or skype if you haven't, or Steam if you're into videogames. Most people use at least one of those, and it's a good way to establish regular contact with people.

Fucking up is how you learn, and taking risks is how you accomplish things.
If you never ask a girl out you will never have a date, and if you never ask the squad out you will never form a squad.
Life moves forward with or without you; all aboard.
>>
>>36926878
stop worrying about what other people think anon. they're just as useless as you, most of them even more so since they don't even go to the gym.
>>
>>36926878
Wow OP you sound like me only older. I can't count the number of grills I've blow off like that since I've started lifting
>>
File: lich.jpg (25 KB, 235x272) Image search: [Google]
lich.jpg
25 KB, 235x272
>>36927492
>>36928292
>>
>>>/adv/
This is a fitness board on a chinese ku klux klan adoration website, faggot.
>>
I don't understand, why do people do history degrees?
>>
>>36932049
Because they find it interesting and they can't do math.
>>
>>36926878
>>36926878
>I'm a 25 year old virgin and I never made friends throughout all of university.
I could be you, but unlike you, I actually enjoy my life being this way.

Live alone
Virgin
No friends
No real prospects of ever making it big.
Just cruising through life on my own lifting, enjoying the things I enjoy, paying for it all with my OK-but-never-great job.

For me it all started due to me being an army brat moving from base to base. After 17 years of moving nearly once a year I gave up on remaking friends for the N'th time and just completely embraced the solitary lifestyle.

Funny how two people with similar lifestyles can perceive it in such different ways.

I am lying a bit though, I have made friends over Steam, at least in as far as internet friends can be considered friends, I guess it stops me from talking to the wall.
>>
>>36932049
I don't understand, why do people hate on other people's degrees.

This is coming from a medfag btw, and that was a serious question. Why do you get so hung up on what someone else liked and chose to do? STEM field is filled with narrow minded autists, I am glad not the entire population goes for it.

We once tried out a society of just STEM fags, it is known as the age of enlightenment. It started out great, but then fags like you came along telling everyone and everything else was a waste of space. It was then followed by the reactionary romanticism though, because people realized that there was indeed such a thing as 2muchautism.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.