[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I'm knock kneed and it makes me walk like retard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: lifts-squat.jpg (79 KB, 580x362) Image search: [Google]
lifts-squat.jpg
79 KB, 580x362
Hey /fit/ I'm knock kneed and it makes me walk like retard. My friend says it literally looks like both legs are trying to walk in two different directions cause the lower part below my knees extends out to the sides.

I've been trying out ways to fix my hair and I've noticed that keeping my knees slightly bent, almost like dead weighting my upper body and letting the knees hold me up helps my gait look normal. Thing is though it's extremely difficult keeping the form through out the day and I end up overextending again after a while.

Do any of you know any exercises that helps keep the knee in a neutral bent position? Cause I'm not sure if the issue is either my quads or hams are too tight or if they're too loose. Seeing as how I feel a slight burn on my quads when I try to maintain the position I should focus on quad delopment right? Someone wiith more anatomy and physiology expertise please help, this shit is really killing my self-esteem. Ever since I've noticed it I just cant help feeling that everyone I pass laughs at it.
>>
>>36926074
>squatting works your calves
ok bro
>>
>fix my hair

I need to turn off autocorrect
>>
>>36926082
It works my calves I don't know what to tell you cud D
>>
>>36926082
maybe if you got below parallel...
>>
>>36926082
Stabilizers still get worked out bro. You srs?

Classification
-Utility
---Basic
-Mechanics
---Compound
-Force
---Push

Muscles
-Target
---Quadriceps
-Synergists
---Gluteus Maximus
---Adductor Magnus
---Soleus
-Dynamic Stabilizers
---Hamstrings
---Gastrocnemius
-Stabilizers
---Erector Spinae
-Antagonist Stabilizers
---Rectus Abdominis
---Obliques

>>36926074
You can't fix your bow legs. Perhaps have a day solely dedicated to mobility stretches to minimize what is happening. Tbh it's hard to understand what you are trying to ask.
>>
>>36926165

I'm asking what muscle group tightens the knees, like when you bend them slightly. Cause they naturally cave in without me thinking
>>
>>36926376
oooo shit your talking about that stabilizer muscle near the medial head of patella. There is a video of candito explaining it. Im bow legged too nothing you can really do except squat narrow and atg. I used to perform basically a squat but with my feet together and thighs touching. If you dont have good ankle mobility dont try that just yet.
>>
What site is that?
>>
>>36926543

Cool thanks a lot. I've been trying that out but wasn't so sure if it really did anything and felt awkward so I stopped it. I'll start running a narrow squat for a few weeks and see what happens.
>>
>>36926144
>>36926165
>>36926133
im sure you all have thick abs too from all the isolation from squats and deadlifts
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.