[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck does my spine hurt so fucking badly immediately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 414x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 414x317
Why the fuck does my spine hurt so fucking badly immediately after doing Deadlifts. I'm a dyel fucker who can only do 205, but my spine hurts after doing a couple of reps.

Advice?
>>
Enjoy the inevitable herniated disc
>>
>>36923871
ur 100% doing them wrong and are on a train to snap city
>>
Yeah op I got some advice. Learn how to do the fucking lift properly and don't autism straight leg lower back pulls.
>>
>>36923871
you need proper warm up first
walk like 10 mins,do some leg ext or bend over rows
>>
>>36923871
Why did this post make me laugh so hard
>>
Learn to brace your core and don't round your back u cuck
>>
>>36923871
just push through it

i had the same in the beginning, once you can do decent weight your back will be strong enough to support the spine

It shouldnt take long, just get your deadlift up to 300 at least
>>
>>36924472
yeah at the start getting the weight up is more important then form, get big lift heavy then fine tune your form once you actaully have muscles to work with
>>
>>36923871

Can you comfortably bend over and touch your toes? If not you have no reason to deadlift as it is very unsafe with inadequate mobility
>>
>>36924499
That is the worst advice I've ever seen on this board
>>
>>36923871
>deload to just the bar and fix your form
>>
>>36923871
Your form probably blows. Watch videos and ask someone to record you. Don't round your back and drive through your heels.
>>
>>36923871
do you have a straight back? this can really fuck up ur spine and lead to more serious issues.

try to go for a rounded back while u deadlift and you most likely won't feel any pain after DL'ing
>>
File: failure.jpg (52 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
failure.jpg
52 KB, 500x321
>>36924586
You didn't
>>
cause deadlifts are retarded and completely unnatural.

any lift that puts your body in a unnatural position is doing more harm then good. stay cucked
>>
>>36924875
>deadlifting is unnatural
>picking something up from the ground is unnatural
>>
>>36924875
I was just doing 275 after a couple weeks off due to injury. I think I'm done with them.

It did not feel right at all. Just going to do rack pulls now
>>
Deload at least 30%
Relearn the technique
Slowly work it up
>>
File: rounded-back-DL1.jpg (18 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
rounded-back-DL1.jpg
18 KB, 400x267
>>36923871
>>
Op do yourself a favour and watch the starting strength videos on dead lifts, there's also some coaching videos on rippetoes channel start at 1pl8
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.