[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So here's the thing I have no weights or access to a gym.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: 3lPMjJX.jpg (128 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
3lPMjJX.jpg
128 KB, 576x1024
So here's the thing I have no weights or access to a gym. What will I be able to achieve with the following:
>everyday
200 push-ups
200 sit-ups
200 crunches
>3 days a week
Run until im exhausted
>>
File: Emi's workout guide.jpg (2 MB, 4268x3100) Image search: [Google]
Emi's workout guide.jpg
2 MB, 4268x3100
>>36923665
change
> running until exhausted
to
> pic related
>>
This sounds like a hypothetical plan that you won't be able to follow through with. How far can you run right now before you get exhausted? Why 200 of everything?
>>
>>36923665
change everyday to everey 2 days
let your muscles grow

I won't comment on the quality of the program because I know some people who got resultes from shit like that
>>
>>36923683
Wait there are two day 2 what do I do now?
>>
>>36923688
he wants to be TWICE as stronk as one punch man

really though, something like this is how I started my path to becoming /fit/ excpet I did
> 100 pushups a day
> 3 min planks
> a mile a day
and upped it from there

obviously, its not the best routine, but it acted as a good foundation for actually going to the gym

>>36923727
typo, its supposed to be day 3, never noticed that
>>
>>36923737
You should definitely have rest days though, at least for running. I ended up injuring my legs cause by the end I was running 3 miles a day and resting on the weekends.
>>
>>36923750
A lot of people do that or more. How long did you take to build up to it?
>>
>>36923688
200 just because I want to work out in the morning and before I go to bed, and 100 is about how much I can do before starting to feel weak.
As far as running goes maybe about 2 miles but I used to be a pretty hardcore distance runner so I don't think I'll have a problem getting back into that.
>>36923712
>let your muscles grow
Is this really how it works? Like will I actually gain more muscle by working out 3 days a week than 5 days a week?
>>
>>36923776
Over the course of a summer

I started with a mile a day. Then 2 miles a day. Then a mile in the morning and 2 miles at night. What fucked me up was turning the 2 miles into 3 miles. Something about that extra mile fucked my legs up.

I was eating at a deficit so I probably wasn't repairing my muscle at all. I tried to escalate ever 1-2 weeks.
>>
Just get a pull up bar and look up some calisthenics routines. If you have the time to do all that shit you're planning on doing every you may as well go all in and learn shit like handstand push ups and muscle ups.
>>
>>36923737
oh also I did a pull-up routine every day
>>
>>36923665
why arent u in /a/
saitama wannabe
>>
>>36923665
People, you can't just do loads of PUSH-ups without a PULLing movement to balance you out. Do bodyweight rows or rear-delt flyes combined with external rotations for your cuff. Don't want yall to get hurt. No homo
>>
>>36923953
> PULLUPS MONICA
>>
>>36923665
exhaustion
>>
>>36923986
Pullups are a perpendicular movement to bench press. Pullups would be better paired with OHP. Of course, they'd be better than no pull movements with push-ups.
>>
>>36923953
>no gym
>no pull-up bar
>can't put one on door cuz bad frames
>can't do it anywhere else in my room
I can do pushups whenever I please but I can't simulate an upwards pulling motion.
I can sit down and pull myself towards my legs but that idea sucks.
How do I pull anytime, anywhere, using only my body and the floor without leaving my room?
>>
>>36924060
go to a local park or something, thats what I did when I didnt have access to a gym
>>
Is nobody going to comment on this kid doing 200 sit ups + 200 crunches? Pic is a girl doing pull ups, but OP isn't doing them?
>>
>>36923823
Does it sound like a good idea to never rest?
I'd probably start at every third day if you are starting from scratch.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYUxXMGVuuU
>>
200 pushups every three days is nothing at all. You should be able to do sets of 40-60 relatively soon, so 4 sets is nothing. I used to regularly do 1000 pushups every three days. I think it's good if you didn't work out before hand, but you'll soon want to transition to weights, which are much more time efficient.
>>
>>36923665
For several years I did:
3x30 pushups (alternating regular/widearm/diamond every set)
3x60 situps/crunches/side-crunches
3x60 lunges/squats/star jumps

Three days a week and three miles running daily. I got decently fit, but it's not like what you can achieve with weights. Don't let that discourage you though it's 10000000x better than nothing.
>>
>>36924094
I'm NEET at the moment so I really have no reason to rest, unless it would help me get fit faster
>>
>>36924213
You can easily excerise every day if you want to, why are you only interested in doing those three exercises?

You could probably find houndreds of possible ways to do strength training without paying anything.
>>
>>36923683
>wanting to do 100 pushups
>running
why does emi want to destroy your joints? you shouldn't do that many pushups, just add resistance if you're able to do more than 10. also, swimming is better cardio than running
>>
>>36924305
I'm open to any suggestions, those are just what I considered to be the most basic exercises, as far as upper body strength and core strength are concerned.

Do you have any suggestions for leg strength? Is running enough?
>>
>>36924305
It's probably to prevent injury or hurting yourself.
>>
>>36924480
First of all, find a bar that you can do pullups on, buy one, find one on an playgound, whatever.

pushups are fine, just forcing out 200 is not really gonna be the most optimal though, look at scoobys video on reaching high pushups, it's pretty solid. You can do the same with his guide to getting too and beyond a pullup.

Imo I hate crunches, do them if you want but they are not by far the most efficiant. There are some retarded-ass infographs that would work better than just doing crunches.

TL;DR Do some research on what you can do without any equipment.
Also you will see 0 gains if you don't eat very well, this is not an optimal way of building muscle, and without proper nutrition you will not progress at all.
>>
>>36924609
I recommended every third day instead of every day, should be fine even tho it's very high rep.
>>
>>36923665
How about more of your pic un/related.
(You didnt specify)
>>
You will achieve thoracic kyphosis and maybe lose some weight
>>
>push-ups
Lrn2/variations. Just doing endless reps helps with endurance.

>sit-ups
Replace with leg raises.

>crunches
Replace with planks.

>Run until exhausted
Lrn2/pace yourself. Also, do other cardio like cycling and swimming.
>>
If I were to come up with a bodyweight routine from the top of my head, I'd suggest

Pulling:

- Pull-ups / chin-ups (proceed to stuff like assisted one arm pull-ups etc. as you make progress)

- Maybe some kind of supine rows?

Pushing:

- Push-ups, chest targeted dips

- Handstand push-ups (start by using a pile of books under your head if you do not have the strength to lower yourself til your head touches the floor and then push your arms straight, remove books as you make progress, and eventually you could even add books under your palms to target your triceps even more)

For lower body:

- One leg squats / pistol squats

- Sprints

For abs:

- Hanging knee / leg raises

In addition to all this, if you can just find something heavy to deadlift, your routine is pretty solid
>>
>>36924060
Fill a backpack or duffel bag with rocks or water bottles with sand, dirt or water in them. Pick it up and start rowing it. I did this when I was extreme poverty, and I made a pretty respectable otter mode between those, shrugging the bag, pushups, squats, RDLs, and sprints. When a certain number of water bottles or rocks gets easy, add more. When my bag tore, I found a big boulder and picked it up, then started rowing it or doing squats or RDLs.

Use your imagination, it's really not that difficult.
>>
>>36923665
>200 pushups a day.
>no rest days
>no back work

enjoy overworked pecs and a fucked posture from a weak back.
>>
>>36924842
Thank you this is really good.
>>
I >>36923665
404 ass not found
>>
>>36923665

Saitama got bald because of that shit

if you are ok with that, go on
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.