[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw had to let the weights slide off the bar on my chest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: notmeoffgoogle.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
notmeoffgoogle.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>tfw had to let the weights slide off the bar on my chest to get up

Who else has embarrassed themselves at the gym this way?
>>
>>36917673

There's literally zero shame in this. Nine times out of ten, benching without a spotter will result in stopping early. I'd much rather see people do this than just be general fuckwits.
>>
>>36917673

I hadn't been to the gym in a while and I wanted to see if I could 1 rep what I used to do for 5 reps. My friend was sitting there staring off into lala land instead of doing his job as spotter. I got stuck underneath the weight for like 20 seconds and pretty much made an idiot out of myself.
>>
>>36917673
I did the sit up method and was given some respect by a fellow lifter at my college. Who cares?
>>
Pretty sure every lifter has done this at some time or another unless you're a social fag and have had a spotter every single time you've done bench press. it's almost like an initiation into /fit/hood.
>>
>>36917673
>not roll of shame
>benching with bumper plates
>>
>>36917673
one time i got the cables all tangled up doing rear delts and I didn't really know how to work the leg press machine looked like an idiot.
>>
>>36917673
Im honestly more upset about the jeans t.b.h.
>>
sometimes i squat ATG on someone who's doing floor press

no homo right?
>>
>>36917673
Got stuck at the bottom of a squat and had to kind of fall forward into the rack to get the bar off. No one really cared, one gym staff guy asked if I had hurt myself doing it and offered to spot me.
>>
One time I was benching on this bench that had an awkwardly positioned rack and when i unracked my warmup weight of 80kg I felt as though the bar was positioned too far down my lower chest area and being the retard I was I hadn't had my thumbs wrapped around the bar and when I went to readjust my position by moving my arms up higher toward my upper chest the bar fell directly on my sternum and kind of winded me, like only one guy saw and I quickly reracked the bar and was kind of scared that I had cracked a rib or punctured something, it hurt quite a bit and I could only think of that guy who died in a power lifting contest because he dropped the bar on his chest.

Luckily the only thing that died that day was my self esteem. And that's why I always wrap my thumbs around the bar
>>
i plateau'd my bench press once, and i read that doing floor press can make me stronger. i did 5x5 floor press on my gym's floor. i put down the barbell by rolling it off my stomach and lifted one side off and quickly do a roll to avoid being smahshed by the barbell

one or two people stared at me and someone had set off the lunk alarm (gym was planet fitness, go figure) and chilled out at the cafe for 30 minutes for upsetting people there
>>
>>36917949
This
>>
Snapped my back doing deadlifts. It was utterly humiliating. I heard the cracking sound, stumbled forward and started screaming instantly. Couldn't control it. The pain was so severe. Lay on the floor writhing for a couple of minutes. No one helped me. Saw one guy laughing.

My back is still sore a year later.
>>
>>36917949
This. Just look at that fuccboi.
>>
>>36918056
That sucks but haha that guy laughing made me laugh
>>
File: 1461049633591.jpg (621 KB, 2800x1800) Image search: [Google]
1461049633591.jpg
621 KB, 2800x1800
Why the fuck do you look around if you suspect some normie fucks might be staring at you for dropping a weight?

thats the most beta faggot thing you could do in a gym

beta
>>
File: nelson_haha2.jpg (54 KB, 575x418) Image search: [Google]
nelson_haha2.jpg
54 KB, 575x418
>>36918056
>>
>>36918056

LMAO you must really be a fucking schmuck to get a stranger to laugh at you for snapping your back. You must have been using terrible form and everyone was just expecting it to happen. Is your form shitty or what?

What happened to your back? Did you go to the doctor? What did they say?
>>
>>36917673
No because I use DBs like a man
>>
>>36918056
honestly you must have been lifting the barbell only or everybody wants you dead
>>
>>36918491
>DBs

For what purpose?
>>
>>36918521

he doesn't want to workout his triceps
>>
I gave my phone to someone to record my form for me and the iphone shows you a thumbnail of your previous photo which happened to be pic related in my case. The guy asked what was up with the hanging frog picture and I deflected rather poorly by explaining it represents how I feel sometimes.

I then received like a 25 min lecture from this old guy about mental health, depression, women, and life in general.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 993x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 993x1023
>>36918545
Forgot my pic.
>>
>>36918545
tell us how you really feel, anon
>>
>>36918521
>I won't have one side stronger than the other
>It is also better for coordination with synergist muscles
>You don't need a spotter
>Holding 2 heavy DBs is more impressive than one heavy BB
>You don't look like a bitch with shaking arms when you do use DBs in the future and realise how unstable your strength is
It's pretty much like the differences between benching using a smith machine and a barbell, ever seen someone strong on machines use a BB?
Their arms shake about because they aren't used to holding a weight in place.
Go from BB to DBs and your individual arms aren't used to holding a weight in place, because they were holding a bar together.
>>
>>36917673
Nothing wrong with that, just being safe. What WAS embarassing for me was on Saturday when I failed a rep for the first time.

I was low-bar squatting 70kg and couldn't get up from the very last rep. I gave it my all so I sort of tilted forwards and couldn't drop the weight behind me so I had to roll it over my head. Looked like a fucking clown lol
>>
>>36917718
Your friend made an idiot out of himself. You use a spotter for a reason.
>>
>>36917693
Dyel detected
>>
>>36918545
That's a good man you met there. Regardless of it's relevance to your situation, not many strangers would care to intervene. Then again, some people are so self absorbed they get an ego boost for "helping" people out.
>>
>>36917673
I definitely have. Next time do the roll of shame. Letting the weights slide off can fuck your shit up.
>>
>>36917673
Did this last night and some other guy in the gym thought I was retarded. I've only ever done it twice in the three years I've been lifting.
>>
>>36917673
>travel to remote town in brazil
>only ghetto gym available
>bars come in wondrous variety of shapes and sizes
>except oly, fucking hueland
>load plates on 1" bar. No idea how much these fucking things weigh
>add plates slowly. Shit is still too light, so take off all the plates on right hand end of the 6 foot 1 inch bar
>left side begins to drop, bar swings up and over
>massive crash, plates and bar go down on hard stone floor
>I see it happen in slow motion, gym patrons turn to look at me
>feel like a massive faggot

The gym manager turned out to be a total bro though. I guess he could see I was foreign and wasn't new to lifting, and after I apologized and explained I'm used to oly bars where I can completely deload one side without a clusterfuck, he understood. I think he felt partly responsible for having shit-tier equipment
>>
File: 1461174498574s.jpg (9 KB, 250x216) Image search: [Google]
1461174498574s.jpg
9 KB, 250x216
>at strip club with lads
>pretty drunk
>need another beer
>head over to bar and wait for the bartender to notice me
>feel someone brushing up against me
>turn and see waitress dancin up on me
>notice a table of 4 people all staring at me as the waitress dances beside me
>kinda feel like theyre mocking me somehow
>theyre laughing
>its one guy who looks like that cunt Dan Bilzerian and 4 hoes who work there
>there are like 40 shots on the table infront of them
>waitress keeps dancing near me and i keep spaggetting
>getting more and more awkward
>dan keeps laughing and finally waves me over
>asks if i want a shot, its free
>3 strippers just staring at me

To be clear i drank too much vodka back in gr9 once and had alcohol poisoning, ever since then i cant drink hard liquor without chaser. I immediately get the mouth sweats and want to puke

>ask if they have any chaser
>they look at me like im a toilet full of used condoms
>im the biggest faggot theyve ever seen apparently
>look around table there is not one drink that isnt at least 40% alcohol
>they keep staring at me
>spaghetti is flowin hard im just silently deciding what to do
>casual beers with the boys and we were about to leave anyways
>fuck this tequila shot and fuck these people for makin me into some kinda joke
>put the shot down and say 'nah'
>turn around and buy a beer instead
>go back to my seat
>get a lapper
>forget about it completely
>go out to the terace for a smoke
>onea the strippers grabs my arm as i go by
>'just so u know, that was the owner of the bar offering you a free shot, and u rudely turned ur back on him...'
>go out for smoke and come in
>my drink and spot at a table has been cleared
>everyone staring at me in club
>feel like im in a GTA mission and im about to be shot in the head or some shit
>guess its my cue to leave
>on my way out bouncer grabs me
>'where ya goin so quick buddy?'
>'uhh my friends are t-tired.'
>Leave quickly before this gay shit escalates any further

Can i ever go back
>>
>>36917949
not to forget the polo shirt
>>
>>36920730
when it's old people, they've been through a lot. He probably wished someone told him those things at anons age.
>>
>>36920932
that ghetto gym seems better for gains than a commercial desu, especially if the manager is a lad
>>
>>36917673
>Working out for a while, almost always have a gym buddy with me
>Reach the point where I could 5x5 265lbs
>Last rep was stallish, but I finally made it
>Gym buddy didn't touch the bar at all
>Gym buddy leaves because time constraints
>Towards the end of my workout, randomly decide to bench again, a whopping 135lbs
>Do a few reps, all of the sudden muscular failure
>Get trapped, can't get it an inch off my chest, start laughing
>Another bro helps me out and rows it up
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 505x431
>>36918491
>more manly than lifting a steel death bar over your neck
>>
>>36921096
L2roll of shame
You just roll the bar down to your legs and sit up
>>
I do a suicide roll, atleast you look cool in your failure
>>
>>36918056
how fucked up was your form bro
>>
>>36920953
You probably looked like a fag but I would have done the same thing. I mean there was nothing you could have done differently except take the shot and possibly puke on the owner. Don't bother going back if you think you're going to be harassed, strip clubs are supposed to be fun.
>>
>>36917693
>9/10 times
Wtf I never see this happen, people do weight they know they can control
>>
>>36918545
someone post that picture of a guy telling his brother to frogpost verbally.
>>
>>36918545
Holy fuck. I'm laughing.
>>
Who the fuck goes to the gym like this? That is literally my old high school uniform
>>
>>36917720
Last time I did this, it hurt my guts
>>
>>36917673
when ever you do something embarrassing you should quit that thing and never do it again
>>
File: fregg.jpg (104 KB, 2013x820) Image search: [Google]
fregg.jpg
104 KB, 2013x820
>>36921434
found it, it's one of my F A V S, F A M
>>
I had to slide the weights off once. I was doing bench with a pause just above my chest. I had done like 4 sets of 4 reps with 180 the last time I did it so I thought I could get 4 on my 3rd set with 180. But I got to rep 4 and tried to get the motherfucker up for a good 10 seconds. It was like 75% of the way there but I couldn't finish it off. So I had to drop it on my chest and slide the weights off. Some guy came over and said he was sorry he didn't help me. But everyone else didn't seem to notice. Except for this one guy who was sitting on his ass right in front of me doing nothing on the pec deck machine.
>>
File: img7239.jpg (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
img7239.jpg
31 KB, 600x400
I just leave it here >>36920264
>>
>>36917673
>not doing the sit of shame.

come the fuck on anon. bring the bar down to your hips then sit up and then lift the bar off you safely. Make it look like you know wtf ur doing.
>>
>>36918491
Why not both?
>>
>>36925643
I did this for the first time last week. Failed on the 6th rep of 65kg (I know I know).

I rolled it down but then I couldn't stand up with the bar. I got nervous and was panicking and then someone helped me
>>
>tfw OHP day
>tfw stalled out at 75lbs, can't even get the bar up
>tfw do 70lbs for reps just fine
>tfw have to deload like a bitch just to finish a set
what the fuck
>>
>>36927010

Lol feeble faggot.

What's your

height:
weight:
bench:
deadlift:
squat:
pullups:
>>
>>36920953
Lol what a fucking loser. man the fuck up and take the freakin shot. A hot female is dancing for you and you freeze ? What kind of autistic moron are you?
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.