[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Years of being a beta has given me forward head posture and hunched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ForwardHdEv.jpg (25 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
ForwardHdEv.jpg
25 KB, 500x360
Years of being a beta has given me forward head posture and hunched shoulders. Currently 20 years old. Anyone here had any luck fixing this shit?
>>
Awareness of your posture and fixing it until it becomes habit
>>
>>36913898
What >>36913902 said, pretty much. Cosciously try to always keep a good posture. I've pretty much corrected my hunchback this way, only to realise I have forward head also. Working on that now.
>>
>>36913898
Literally stand up straight. Id tell you to get your mate or gf to hit you across the back of the head every time you slouch but I doubt you have either
>>
>>36913898
You can fix this with lifting. I am a swimmer and this is a huge problem for me (if you've ever seen some serious swimmers, you'll know what I'm taking about--very high shoulders and a hunchback).

Basically, you'll be working towards thoracic spine mobility by supporting weight with your spine. Exercises good for this are snatch and overhead squat. Both require you to support weight over your head for prolonged periods of time. What should happen is your scapula should brace against your spine (which requires you to have a flexible thoracic region, which is your problem)

What you want to do is get a pvc pipe first, and just hold it over your head with your arms wide (you can definitely find some overhead squat/snatch technique videos on the internet) for a long time WITHOUT using any of your shoulder muscles, and once you get the hang of it, try an overhead squat with just the pvc pipe, this will tell you if you're progressing, since it's super hard to do this without using your scapula at all. If you don't do it properly, your traps and shoulders are forced to pick up the weight because your scapula won't brace against your spine, so you'll know. If you can consciously try to arch the thoracic spinal region (not any other regions--look up a diagram or something) you'll eventually get to the point where you can support weight for a while. Move up to just holding the bar overhead and squatting with it, and then you can try some real overhead squats with weight.

You can also try snatch after this, because it's kinda cool and you can show off some cool technical stuff while still working toward your goal of good posture.
>>
>>36914257
It took me one summer to fix it completely, although your problem might be more severe than mine was.

Also, don't do anything stupid. Take it slow, and don't try to hold tons of weight over your head before you're ready.
>>
>>36914292
>>36914257

Yeah I'll take it slow. I really want to get this fixed. Starting the PVC thing today.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTV6UCh-yhs
>>
I've been trying to fix it for like 7 years.

>just stand up straight
>it just werks

Says the people who do not struggle with this.
>>
>>36913898

Just lift m8. Back exercises force you to have good posture. My hunchback of notre dame tier posture was gone in ~3 months.

>tfw a coworker actually asked me why I was walking around like I owned the place
>bertstare internally
>asked her if she was serious
>mfw no face when she said I was standing/walking all straight and cocky and shit
>>
Why would you wanna fix it? Hunchback mode gives you great chin gains
>>
>>36914895
I am a 130 skeletal. I look fucking weird from the side. If I had long hair I could probably hide it, but I am shaven.
>>
>>36913898
at the most superior point of the lambda skull suture imagine there is a string pulling you up towards the sky, move your body in accordance with this idea and hold it. When you catch yourself slouching get back into posture
>>
>>36913898
I had this problem but I was able to fix it before it got bad

Just take 5 minutes out of your day and stand back up against a wall. Fingers, arms, heels, legs and head. As straight as you can up against the wall. You can do it for longer than 5 if you want. It seems like a joke but it does work, and of course going to the gym helps a lot too
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.