[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
brahs why the fuck do I sabotage myself whenever I'm achieving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2.png (231 KB, 383x434) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
231 KB, 383x434
brahs why the fuck do I sabotage myself whenever I'm achieving something?

>cut is going great, binge 3 days in a row
>getting good grades in school, skip classes and end up with Fs

Do I have a mental issue or something? I honestly feel abnormal.
>>
>>36912956
Yeah you have mental issues, go to the doctor and get pills so you don't have to have responsibility for your actions.
>>
>>36912986
dude come on

how pathetic is it that i'm asking for help on an anonymous fitness forum...

there has to be a reason why I act like this
>>
>>36912986
#2deep4me
Anyway, likely the best reply you can have here.

Hop on modafinil or adderall so you can shift your responsibilities on genetics or environment and shit
(2bh both modafinil and adderall do fucking work and can do wonders)
>>
Not to say that you have this, but this sort of self sabotage is a classic symptom of obsessive compulsive disorder, especially if you find that you're able to excel at things until you make that unconscious decision to screw it up for yourself. I'm not exactly sure why it works that way, but that's what my doctor told me.
Sometimes SSRIs can be used to improve this, but my doctor had prescribed me Zyprexa for a while.
I'm mostly over that particular problem from my OCD nowadays, which is nice, but it can be pretty tough. If you notice this as a real pattern in your life that's difficult to avoid, maybe you should see a mental health professional, it really helped me get my life back on track.
>>
>>36913032
yup... I lost about 10% BF and I was nearing my goal and I just throw it all away

I want it so bad but I still fuck it up
>>
>>36913049
Adderall, rip your binge eating and lack of focus in school.
>>
>>36913049
I had some similar problems, though bodybuilding is never something in which I had sabotaged myself in the same way.
I did sabotage myself academically, professionally, and in relationships with women, even though when I tried, I was able to keep it all going well.
>>
>>36912956
Anyone here sexually aroused by failing something??? Same case as OP, but failing is a turn on. Really is an Achilles heel
>>
Damn this is fucking crazy. I literally do the same shit. Have done it all my life. I have periods when I'm super fucking motivated, then I self-sabotage for no fucking reason at some point. Its fucking gay. I've almost conquered it as of late, but god damn its annoying.
>>
>>36913278
yup brah, same shit

i feel so good accomplishing everything then suddenly i throw it all away

might just be depression, idk
>>
File: 1460006969523.jpg (93 KB, 755x696) Image search: [Google]
1460006969523.jpg
93 KB, 755x696
>>36912956
>asking for help on a Czechoslovakian Thermodynamics and Basket-Weaving Forum.
>>
File: Feels-Good-Man-Frog-07.jpg (37 KB, 368x639) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Good-Man-Frog-07.jpg
37 KB, 368x639
>>36913170
where can i obtain adderall in straya?
>>
>>36912956
You are lazy.
>>
Self destructive bitch disorder.
>>
This must be common. I have it too
>>
>>36912956
You sabotage yourself because you've conditioned yourself to believe that you always sabotage yourself.

It's what they call a "self-fulfilling prophecy". I highly recommend reading the book Psycho-Cybernetics.

Cliffs: You subconsciously respond to everything that you're told, and eventually it becomes part of your personality. If people repeatedly called you a failure at life, you'd probably end up being a failure at life.

You can break the loop, however: You need to start thinking of times when you succeeded rather than times you failed in class or binged. Think of all the days you ate perfectly and when you had good grades at the end of the year. Guaranteed to work, but it takes a lot of time to detoxify yourself of negative thinking.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.