[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skinny guy starting from zero, I've been inspired by Bruce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Lee1.jpg (62 KB, 628x800) Image search: [Google]
Lee1.jpg
62 KB, 628x800
Skinny guy starting from zero, I've been inspired by Bruce Lee's (yeah yeah I know) body but it seems impossible to get that body when starting from nothing. Should I just try to gain instead? I'd like to keep my thin frame while still being /fit/

5'8 and 132 pounds is me atm
>>
I mean, he was around my weight and fit as f
>>
>>36912176
He looks like shit, man, why do you want to look like him?
>>
>>36912215
I'm kind of his height and I don't think being big is really my thing so I guess it's kind of an inspiration?
>>
>>36912215
Did Bruce lee train for looks you fat fuck?
>>
it is possible

Bruce lee isn't exactly "buffed", but hes cut (low body fat which makes your muscles stand out more)

you can achieve that kind of physique in one year or two

if you're gaining muscle mass, it's ideal to eat beyond your daily calorie maintenance rate for two things, first having more energy during your workouts to work out harder, increasing your gains, because of this, you can't just eat junk food to exceed your calorie requirements, you need to eat foods that will provide energy

second, to prevent your body for eating up muscle or the proteins you ingest for energy, gaining muscle is much harder than loosing fat, with cardio you can lose 1-2 pound of fat in a week, but to get 1 pound of muscle you must train for 1 month

also you need to eat a lot of proteins, you do not necessarily need protein powders, but they are an easy way to complete those 100-150g of protein you need in a day
>>
>>36912176
Try explosive bodyweight exercises
>>
>>36912289
Yeah, I run for 30 mins every other day to lose fat.
What kind of workout techniques should I go for?
>>
>>36912289

lifting is also a continuous progress, you begin noticing on the first weeks

at first you get the "newbie gains" where you go from zero to having some small noticeable muscle, also if you are eating more, you might be a little bulkier, but don't worry, you're gaining muscle

after some months the gain seem to be slowing down, but that is completely normal, after all you've used your newbie gains and now enter a slower gain process, but every 2-3 months, you'll look back and see noticeable progress

it is really worth it, not just for looks, but for health, it corrects your posture, making you seem taller, makes you more confident of your body and more sociable. People, both men and female treat you better,

and it's not that much time consuming unless you're aiming to be like Dwayne Johnson,

with two to three 60 min~ weekly sessions you should achieve a body like Bruce lee's in a year

and if you're really short on time, split it between two 30 min sessions on a day
>>
>>36912395
I'll give it my best shot!
But won't I just gain weight overall also? I mean if I gain "too much" I'll end up being bulky? Or have I got it all wrong?
>>
>>36912289
>>36912395
Shut the fuck up nerds
>>
File: bodyweight.jpg (127 KB, 736x1040) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight.jpg
127 KB, 736x1040
>>36912430

you might get bulky from the increased amount of food you eat, but with diet and cardio you can cut the fat and look lean

and if you don't want to get more muscle, just slow down your training, even with 1 or 2 30 min sessions weekly you can maintain your body muscle

and you won't get bulky from muscles, with clothes on you will still look normal

in fact, larger chest/arms and back help you get that V body shape and make your core look smaller and leaner in comparison

and don't worry about those bulky cores you see on heavy weight lifters, they train YEARS to achieve that girth and they do so to be able to handle larger weights, but if you go for bodyweight exercises and moderate lifting, you won't need a thick core more than a bigger back, which doesn't make you look that bulky
>>
>>36912289
>also you need to eat a lot of proteins

At least three.
>>
>>36912176

former skinny guy here.

Don't make the mistake I did for years of only doing weights. I always said, "oh I'm skinny I don't need cardio". but cardio actually lead to weightgain for a variety of reasons for me:

- increased appetite (beyond the caloric loss of the cardio
- better sleeping at night which lead to better energy and better gains
- decreased anxiety which lead to increased appetite, mood and better gains.

Currently I do like 30 min cardio per week. And 2 hours of weights per week. This keeps me fit and puts decent muscle on my body. I shoot for 2,500 calories a day. I'm not trying to be huge, just semi muscular and not look like a stick.
>>
>>36912667
Does running work well as cardio?
>>
Bruce Lee's physique really isn't really that difficult to achieve. If you want his physique start out on a normal routine to get your noob gains then do a lot of cardio and only work your core, back and forearms. You could obviously achieve it by doing martial arts too but it would take longer.
>>
File: Bruce Lee is Chinese Jesus.png (1 MB, 1188x805) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Lee is Chinese Jesus.png
1 MB, 1188x805
>>36912215
He looks like shit? You're fucking retarded. Guaranteed he looks better than you, you faggot, not to mention the fact that he's 100% better than every poster on this board in terms of feats, mind flexibility, intelligence and overall capability.
>>
File: 1363551779936.jpg (195 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
1363551779936.jpg
195 KB, 960x600
>>36912176
Honestly, his physique isn't that hard to get to. I started out aiming for Bruce Lee mode and after a few years wound up bigger than him, althought I am taller than he was. His strength however, that's going to be fucking difficult to get.
>>
>>36912820
I'm better at being alive
>>
>>36912889
Doubt it. You're probably on the verge of death, you cuckhold.
>>
>>36912908
nice misspelled meme.
>>
>>36912255

Yes, yes he did.

Bruce Lee was an actor. Not a fighter or athlete. Everything he did was for appearance.
>>
File: 1461000657034.jpg (11 KB, 340x506) Image search: [Google]
1461000657034.jpg
11 KB, 340x506
>>36913765
Everytime I see someone make this argument it triggers me. There is plenty of footage of him training martial arts and he even wrote a book on fighting.

Yes, he was an actor. He was acting at an early age. I'm sure aesthetics were part of his goal but his life was a precious balance between being taken seriously as an actor and training seriously at martial arts.

Now kindly stop spreading your asinine opinion of a brilliant legend.

>hard mode: post a pic of the statue your home nation has of you, bitch
>>
>>36914099
training in martial arts isn't the same as training for competition. I'm not saying the guy was good or bad, I have no clue, but there is a difference. some skill can only be learned through repeated contest.
>>
>>36912745
Yeah, I did martial arts when I was younger but got tired of it after I reached first Dan in karate
>>
>>36913765
I don´t know if that´s actually true but didn´t he train kung fu/wing tsun and a couple other MAs from a very young age? Also i heard he regularly got into street fights. And actors in kungfu movies needed to be very knowledgeable/trained in Kung Fu in the first place to even be able to keep up.
>>
File: bruce lee way of the dragon.jpg (17 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
bruce lee way of the dragon.jpg
17 KB, 400x387
bruce
>>
>>36919344
yes?
>>
It looks to me like Bruce just has an extremely wide core with skinny arms.
>>
>>36922230
His core looks very wide mostly because of those massive lats. Thats what a shitload of pullups gives you.
>>
>>36914099
RETARD
E
T
A
R
D
Pls go and stay go

Even that dumb Nigger said himself what he does is for show and would never actually do him any good in a street fight so stop acting like he did some crazy never been done before shit you basic manlet. That's like dick riding chuck Norris in 2016.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.