[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys ive started running and i feel really good after my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: running[1].jpg (182 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
running[1].jpg
182 KB, 1698x1131
hey guys ive started running and i feel really good after my runs so i've started running more often and i keep trying to push myself.

my question is: does this good feeling you get after exercising go away the same way you stop getting high after smoking the same amount of reefer?

or will i continue to feel good after exercising for the rest of my life?
>>
>>36911811
anybody?
>>
>>36911811
I've been running for a few years now and it still feels good.
>>
>>36912365
do you find its better to run in the morning to keep yourself in a good mood for the rest of the soul crushing day, or is it better to accumulate all that stress and release it at the end of the day by going on a nice run (and then jerking off afterwards)?
>>
Good news anon, it actually gets better the more you do it. At first you feel like shit. The first run you get back and want to puke, your legs hurt, you can't breathe, you feel sore and achy and everything sucks. After awhile you feel pretty good. It doesn't hurt you feel good afterward, you want to keep pushing yourself, you can do it regularly, you feel the runners high. And after awhile you get addicted to it. Every rush of hormones during and after your run feels even better. You crave it. That fix feels amazing and you need it.

It only gets better anon.
>>
>>36912387
lol
>>
>>36912387
Not the person you asked but I personally am incapable of doing sports in the morning therefore I usually run between 5-7pm in the evening
>>
i know what you mean i always feel good after some cardio
but not lifting for some reason
>>
>>36912418
yeah i wonder why that is?

lifting makes me feel good psychologically but after ive done cardio my entire life feels 10x better
>>
i started running.....i went about a mile and had to walk about half way. going to keep doing it until i can run the whole time. I always get a pain in my side after running a little ways
>>
>>36912479
first time running in awhile?

when i first started running i didnt even bother going outside, i just started jogging in place until i got to 20 minutes then i started going outside.

the first mile is hard since ur lungs arent used to it but i think the pain should go away when ur muscles get strong enough to support ur body?
>>
>>36912521
i haven't run ever. i can't stand doing 'stationary' type things like that.....i could do treadmill stuff, since you can watch tv, but being outside makes the time go a little faster.

I prefer night because there are less people and it is easier to conceal a pistol in my running jacket.
>>
>>36912434
Probably because we have evolved to physically exert ourselves. It definetly helps to de-stress thats for sure. I love the clear feeling you get in your chest after a good run
>>
File: EdSRs.png (635 KB, 1288x3200) Image search: [Google]
EdSRs.png
635 KB, 1288x3200
I received my first pair of Vibrams over the weekend and I'm super hype to run in them for the first time tomorrow. I'm new to running but I decided that I'd force myself to run with proper form now rather than later. Do you guys have any tips or recommendations? I'll be following the program in pic related.
>>
hm. really pertinent topic. as a running addict, i would say that running does function similarly to weed. that is, the more of it you do, the more it takes to reach that "runner's high" all runners crave. back when i started, all it took was a 3 mile run to send me smiling through the rest of the day. nowadays, it takes a lot more. for example, i went on a 14 mile run this morning and already i'm feeling pretty antsy, unfocused, etc..

this is why i prefer to run in the middle of the day instead of the morning. i like to go to bed in a relaxed mind state, and that's really only possible if ive run within the past 6 or so hours.
>>
>>36913480
is it too late to return those vibrams?
for someone who is new to running...
thats almost like someone buying a top of the line fishing pole when they dont even know the basics of how to cast yet
>>
>>36913763
It's better to learn proper technique while starting out than it is to learn improper technique.
>>
>>36913849
yeah but theres nothing about regular running shoes that precludes you from learning proper technique.

meanwhile there is alot about vibrams that could preclude you from running, namely the higher incidence rate of injury both from the lack of foot protection to the increased incidence of bullying and homophobic accusations
>>
>>36913763
>>36913972
this guy knows what hes talking about

>>36913849
i know your plan seems logical, but we'll see how logical it seems once you've been running a few weeks in those shoes... better to ease into proper form, especially if you're so out of shape for running that you're doing couch to 5k.
>>
>>36912479
I run before I hit the weights but I alternate the speeds on the treadmill. I'll go about a minute of a fast-paced walk, then a minute of a fast jog, then a minute of full on sprint and it's honestly knocked a few pounds of fat off me. I feel alot leaner than before I started running
>>
>>36914229
Oh and I usually shoot for about 2 miles at the least
>>
>>36913972
>>36914174
I'll prove both of you wrong.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.