[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long, realistically, would it take for somebody to go from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
How long, realistically, would it take for somebody to go from relatively out of shape to being able to go through BUD/s with okay probability of not dropping due to physical shit if they work out for 2 to 3 hours a day with a good work out plan Monday through Saturday?
>>
>>36908852
depends on how out of shape, are we talking 350lb lardass or are we talking slightly chubby skinny fat manlet.
>>
>>36908852
>>36909059

I think if you're just a typical skinny/chubby/skinnyfat fucker, you could get pretty fit in 1.5 to 2 years if you were extremely dedicated.
>>
>>36909059
5' 6" 165 ish lbs. Can run a mile in 9 minutes roughly. Can do 40 push ups and 50 sit ups. 6 chin ups. I know, that's a pitiful number.
>>
>>36909085
in r/navyseals they say you can go from couch to bud/s in six months if you're extremely dedicated.
>>
>>36908852
You can't think of it in terms of how in shape you are. People with 240s on their PT tests have made it through BUDS/SF selection type shit.

Guys that are going to drop because of the physicality do it in the first three days; after that, it's physical, yes, but you can get through if you have the willpower.

If you're close to average (not too skinny, not too fat), you could have the physical side in less than a year. But if you're asking how much working out you need to do to survive, you're already going to fail. You've got the wrong mentality and personality for it.
>>
You can't really work on mental toughness. That's what makes people quit from what I hear. See you can stop your workout when your tired and done but when your doing BUDs you will never know what is next and for how long.
You maybe carrying a boat for 11 miles down the beach. Or go for a swim in near freezing water for the exact amount of time it will take to just not get hypothermia. You can lift and run all you want but you should be reading up on mental barriers
>>
>>36908852
I'm in the military, and let me educate your tight ass. The only people who are competitive at BUD/s run 1.5 miles in 9 minutes, and can EASILY do 70 push ups and sit ups in a minute. That's the baseline PT standards for being able to do it. They don't give a fuck about bf%, our top red rope guys are all 17% percent but they easily pass those PT standards.
>>
>>36909511
Word. So just keep working out smart and don't be a pussy. Got it.
>>
>>36908852
If you're dedicated: 6 months. Realistically: 1 year
>>
>>36908852
Also: checkout the navy seals workout program, can be found online. Lots of cardio, body weight and swimming. Follow the program and stick to it
>>
>>36909687
To add on to what >>36909511 said, you should probably eat at a calorie surplus too. Passing a course like BUD/s isn't about looking good.
>>
>>36909929
Okay so eat right and workout smart. Got it.
>>
>>36908852
Is that Goggins? Dude is a madman
>>
>>36910243
I have heard too many accounts that his story is bullshit. 2 months to lose 100 lbs without some form of medical assistance or major health issues? Nah nigga...
>>
>>36908852

Look mate, the hard part is actually getting into BUD/S. Even if your record is pristine, and your scores are baseline, the amount of competition to actually get an SO contract is so stiff that you basically need amazing scores on your PFT. You don't need to really worry about what it takes to get through BUD/S, that is literally what the pre-BUD/S program is designed to do.

Focus on killing the PFT.

Outside of that, going from absolute 0 into the numbers you need for an impressive score would probably take at least 8 months of training 25-30 hours per week. With proper sleep and no other stress in between that's pretty reasonable
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.