[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Ab roller/ general When doing ab-rollouts with a barbell or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: abroll.jpg (75 KB, 1266x722) Image search: [Google]
abroll.jpg
75 KB, 1266x722
/Ab roller/ general

When doing ab-rollouts with a barbell or abroller is there a difference between variant 1 and 2?
And how does one progress to the straight leg variant (3)? I can do 20 reps of variant 1 with 5kg on my back but cant do a single rep of variant 3.
>>
>>36907812
do negatives with straight legs if you cant do full reps
>>
>>36907812
Whenever I do these my lower back starts to hurt
Its also a shit excersise for abs
>>
>>36908052
>tfw just bought an ab roller recently because posts on /fit/ said it was good for abs
it arrives Monday
>>
>>36907812
if you are doing the exercise like you drew them in the picture you are mostly training your chest tough
>>
>>36908214
Don't believe his lies.
>>
>>36908244
how to do them though
>>
>>36908289
just push with your abs, dont press with your arms or pull with your legs
>>
>>36908052
your back hurts cause you slack and have weak abs
>>
>>36908052
ab roller is one of the best though if you do them right

http://www.exercisebiology.com/index.php/site/articles/the_best_ab_exercise_for_lower_and_upper_abs/
>>
>>36907812

Barbell ab-rollouts introduce resistance on the way back due to the inertia of the bar.

To get to standing ab-wheel roll-outs you have to work progressively:

>roll-outs on knee
>roll-outs on knee going to the side to train obliques
>roll-outs planks
>barbell roll-outs on knee
>barbell roll-out planks
>etc
>>
>>36909460
so youre saying doing it with a barbell is harder than with an abwheel?
>>
>>36908052
You're too weak to do ab wheel
>>
>>36908052
You're doing it wrong.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.