[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>change from 6 days a week PPL to 4 days a week 5/3/1 >my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: a62.png (262 KB, 680x661) Image search: [Google]
a62.png
262 KB, 680x661
>change from 6 days a week PPL to 4 days a week 5/3/1
>my body-composition improves and I get stronger

>change my cardio from running and fast bike riding to walking
>my body-composition improves even more and my lower body lifts feel much easier to perform.

After nearly 6 years training now I realize training harder does not equal better results. I am absolutely amazed at how much better I look by lifting 2 less days a week, and by doing a much easier more relaxing form of cardio. So much for that "train hard" shit. Also, other aspects of my life have improved due to the fact I am not spending so much time lifting and doing rigorous forms of cardio.
>>
File: 1460338314322.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1460338314322.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
I'm doing a 6 day a week ppl, what kind of results did you get when you were doing it? I've only been doing it for a month but it's going well for me so far.
>>
What variant of 5/3/1 are you doing? First set last, joker sets? What accessories?

I'm interested because I've recently started 5/3/1 but I'm mainly interested in body composition.
>>
>>36904468
Depends.

5/3/1 BBB + Joker sets when I'm really fucking feeling great (which is most of the time)

5/3/1 triumvirate when I am not feeling too good or lack time and just need to get in and out.

That 3rd AMRAP set followed by joker set after joker set is fucking A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for blasting through plateaus.

Overall 5/3/1 is good because the routine is not set in stone, you have so much choice in what you do, so you can go hard on days you feel like you're good, on shitty days you can hold back and take it easy. You never get that disappointed feeling on this routine that you would get on say 5x5, where if you miss a set or rep you feel fucking pissed off and feel like you've fucked up.
>>
>>36904466
I got good results on PPL, I did it for about 2 years out of my total 6 years training.

But 5/3/1 for me has personally made PPL look like shit in terms of the changes in body-composition and the changes in how much easier I've been able to continue progressing on lifts. PPL was extremely slow progress with a lot of stalling, maybe 6 days a week was too much for me as a natty maybe, you can still get really good results from PPL, not saying it's shit, but now after doing 5/3/1 for good 10 months after doing PPL for so long PPL to me now is just obsolete.
>>
>>36904496
What do you add as your other two exercises to the triumvirate?
>>
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 384x384
Kek. Nattyfags can't handle volume.
This is why you stay small and weak.
>>
>>36904515
It might have been too much for you. I changed from the normal 7 day PPL to 8 day PPL, so there is a rest day after every cycle.
>>
>>36904679
Your balls are small and weak
>>
>>36904455
I changed from 3 day full body to 4 day brosplit and saw great results. I then changed from brosplit to 5 day PPLPP and saw even better results.

I'm not sure how much the program really matters, it's about keeping it varied. Gotta confuse the body right, anon?
>>
>>36904873
Small nuts make your dick look bigger ;)
We can also fuck longer, harder and better than you
Only need a minute before we can go again
We're superior in every way
>>
>>36904907
Having big balls is the sign of being a real man, they produce your testosteron.

You had to replace it with fake testosteron because you are a low test cuck.

Have fun with your miniature nutsack ;)
>>
But why is your pepe imperfect cell
>>
>>36904882
Wtf confusing the body holy shit dat meme
>>
>>36904927
I can use HCG at any time and balls will be twice as plump as yours, I prefer them this way. Stay small and stupid.
>>
>>36904455
Dont listen to him guys, he just wants to make better gains then us.
>>
>>36904455
I'm new can someone explain what 5-3-1 means? Is it just the reps for each set at a high weight?
>>
>>36905086
Google it faggot
>>
>>36905086
It's in the sticky I think
>>
>>36904455
It took you 6 years to realise this?
>>
>>36904455
>actually gives body recovery time to make gains
>switches Cardio to a low intensity form that burns fat but not muscle
>takes 6 years to experience this revelation

You're not the smartest are you OP?
>>
Cardio change in terms of calories burned?
>>
interested in this thread,
im doing a PPL, slightly modified coolcicada routine, 6X a week, but i'm having a lot of trouble with stalling on Push days
>>
>>36904496
post your routine
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.