[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: 1451172394045.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1451172394045.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
So today I got into a fight.
Thankfully nothing bad happened to me or my gains, but I did realize something today as well.

I have no fucking idea how to fight. (We got split up quickly, I threw weak punches.)

How do you fight/have you been in any fights/tips for beginners?
>>
>>36902518
Just fight more, comes pretty fucking natural.
>>
>>36902518
If you learn to fight, it should be for sport.

If you learn to fight, you'll carry yourself like you know how to fight. You won't get into a little scuffle like that. If somebody would throw weak punches, they'd fall the fuck back. When you get into a fight, it won't be a fair fight. There'll be more than one of them or they'll have a weapon.

There are no big fish in the street.
>>
>>36902560
How could I practice this?
>>
>>36902690
> How could I practice this?
Have you seen Old Boy?
>>
>>36902690
Punching bag.
>>
you should avoid fighting at all costs. as cool as it is to beat someone's ass, it quickly changes when you go to jail or get jumped and injured/stabbed/killed.

if you have to fight ALWAYS swing first and aim for the chin.
>>
Practice on yourself. Just punch the shit out of your face you'll get tough fast. Try do dodge your own punches to practice your dexterity.
>>
>>36902518
My brother once knocked out a fucking idiot during a party and he fell and broke his neck on the sidewalk.
Is that what a real man does? If you are confident in yourself then you don't have to get into stupid fights you fucking pussy. Good luck with that.
>>
>>36902518
Why did it happen? What caused it?
>>
>>36902518
fighting is for niggers, get yourself a glock (if you can)
>>
>>36902560
lol. that edge.
>>
>>36902518
You learn how to fight by doing a martial art. You can't punch? Well take up boxing.
>>
>>36903253

this.
>>
>>36902518
well, look for somebody who's willing to teach it to you. in the meanwhile it's useful to learn basic footwork and how to punch properly (aim with the knuckle of your ring finger, hit with a vertical fist, put your body weight in it).
then learn some dirty tricks. most important ist grabbing and ripping. grab your oppontents groin, his face (a hand over the eyes leads to immediate flight reflex in less experienced fighters), grab throats, hair, ears an bring on punches. learning to stomp the leg joints downwards is also helpful.
>>
>>36905409
>glock
Pleb
>>
if you really care about self defense,learn judo/bjj and some basic footwork and punching
>>
>>36905653
don't do this. groundwork is extremely dangerous a real self defense situation.
>>
>>36905643
then whatever other handgun. i also have a p226
>>
>>36905660
>>36905653
agreed ground work is crap for a real fight

>judo is the sport/kids version of jui-jitsu

do jui-jitsu, its the martial art
>grapples
>self defense (counter chokes, grabs, striking, etc.
>throws
>>
>>36905700
handguns are great, but not adequate in every situation. and of no use if you are a clumsy murrican lardass and get jumped by surprise.

>>36905720
well, judo isn't that bad either, didn't wanna sound that harsh. actually you have to "translate" every martial art to make it fit your body and mindset and get ready for self defense. doensn't even matter that much if it's karate, judo, jiu-jitsu, wrestling, boxing, whatever.
if you want to learn something that is already made for actual self defense go to a good krav maga, kali or systema class.
>>
KYOKUSHIN KARATE
YOU'RE FISTS DON'T BREAK FROM THE FIRST FEW PUNCHES YOU GIVE UNLIKE A BOXER WHO TRIES IT BAREHANDED

YOU GET TO FIGHT BAREKNUCKLED AND FULL CONTACT

THE CREATOR OF KYOKUSHIN KARATE CHOPPED OFF ~40 BULL'S HORNS TO PROVE A POINT, ENDED UP KILLING 2 OR 3 OF EM.

It's pretty badass anon.
>>
>>36905751
and because there are no punches to the head allowed during sparring they've all got the shittiest cover i've ever seen. their kicks hurt like a motherfucker, though.
>>
>>36902690
>go to boxing gym
>if you're too poor to afford personal lessons go with a mate and spar, work the bags and skip
>>
File: 1460886428955.jpg (257 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1460886428955.jpg
257 KB, 1280x960
>be german
>for some reason the last 3 days in a row i almost ended up in a fistfight with syrian looking dudes
>3 fucking days in a row
>friday: dude at a party was mad at me because i was talking to some girls
>saturday: guy at the store i work at tried to walk out without paying
>just now: arab roidlet at the gym tried to steal my barbell and i wasn't having it

why didn't you people tell be being a normie comes with so many people trying to challenge you? i wish i stayed in my basement.
>>
>>36905751
>boxers can't hit barehanded
Oh my sweet summerchild
>>
>>36905941
that's true, they're prone to injury because their punching technique is adapted to the gloves.

>>36905930
don't you worry, my dick is bigger than yours either way.
>>
File: 1454094167844.jpg (99 KB, 960x911) Image search: [Google]
1454094167844.jpg
99 KB, 960x911
>>36905907
>why didn't you people tell be being a normie comes with so many people trying to challenge you

That's not the result of being a normie. It's your government fucking up your country for good.
>>
>>36905907
berlin?
>>
is true that everyone think they punch hard til you really punch someone and nothing happens?
>>
>>36906000
Most people at my gym work the bags with just the wrap for this reason. I assumed it was like this everywhere?
>>
>>36906008
Adrenaline and the fact both of you keep moving means you never get that precision and power that you do when you're calm and hitting a bag, but with proper training and/or mental discipline (not freaking the fuck out when the adrenaline hits) you can hit hard as fuck.
Plus if you've ever been punched you know it doesn't hurt as much as you expect because again, adrenaline
>>
>>36906007
köln.

>>36906006
yes, that's true too.
at least now i'm swole enough to defend myself just through size alone.
still, i'd probably benefit big time if i knew the basics of fighting.
>>
in a 1v1 situation your best bet is to dodge his hits and make him look like an asshole while waiting for someone to stop him. Last time a drunkard attacked me I'm the one who got into troubles because I fought back too hard
>>
>>36906008
no. i actually started toughening my hands on trees and stones and walls when i was about 14 (yes, that IS dumb and gives you really tough, but ugly hands). i'm always kinda amazed by how much impact even a little, playful punch has on the target.

>>36906016
yeah, the point is that the wrapper stabilizes the bone structure of the hand. the fist to arm-angle of the punch is just not right and can hurt the tissue in the knuckles and the joint.
but on the other hand that might happen to anyone who's in a fight, that's why some teachers advise you to strike with your palm. less risk of injury and more adaptive bc you can grab right after the hit.

>>36906033
naja, sind ja jetzt alle großstädte irgendwie.
dabei bin ich sogar grundsätzlich für die aufnahme von flüchtlingen, aber das wird langsam ne farce.
>>
>>36902560
you're gonna be fighting all day if you want a chance against someone with decent technique.
>>
>>36906051
That's cuck talk. If someone hits you, hit them back as hard as you can for as long as necessary to neutralise the threat
>>
>>36906062
jo. ist aber auch nur logisch dass die männer aus kriegsgebieten eine menge frustration und hass in sich tragen. hätte man sich auch vorher denken können. aber NEIN, ''wir'' müssen ja unbedingt unter beweis stellen, dass wir uns für dinge schuldig fühlen, die einige unserer urgroßväter begangen haben.
wat n scheiß.
>>
>>36906016
its not, and my kickboxing teacher who got into a fight basically shattered his both hands because he beat up 2 guys

He then went on to teach us some shitty punch variations where your hands wont break but they're shit for boying

People need to realise that hands are fragile as fuck, thats why i like me some muay thai, Knees&Elbows are goat against unskilled opponents
>>
>>36906092
>>36906062
Wir Türken haben euch auch schon vor den Flüchtlingen gefickt ihr Opfer
>>
>>36906089
well, that's kinda stupid. if the witnesses tell the cops that you hit that poor guy until he was gurgling blood and the brain hemorrhage was seeping into his eyes you'll spend quite some time in jail in countries like germany. that's something you've got to take into account.

>>36906092
kann man ja nicht mal so pauschal sagen.
ist halt nur so, dass die faulen früchte den ganzen obstsalat versauen.
aber in kölle gibts ja jede menge angebot, wennde einfach und schnell was lernen willst, gehste zum krav maga.
>>
>>36906109
jaja. großmaul. ihr hattet immer ne große fresse, aber dann rosinengroße eier, wenn man euch kontra gegeben hat. is heute noch so.
>>
>>36905720
>judo is the sport/kids version of jui-jitsu

True. Did judo then jui-jitsu until i finished school (10 years ago, so i'm fucking zero now, that's for sure). Liked jiu-jitsu a lot more. Right from the start you are taught something that actually can be good to use in self-defense, like punching and kicking using your body weight, blocking punches and kicks yourself, learning some easy to use throws and grapples. First thing i was taught was actually falling and recovering correctly, so if pushed or thrown you could land ready for a counter or just be on your feet in an instant. Definitely my favorite martial art.
>>
>>36906109
nicht ganz. hab kanacken freunde und hab schon kanacken aufs maul gegeben.
the lord giveth and taketh away.

>>36906115
war auch mein erster gedanke. bin mir aber nicht ganz sicher wie gut krav mega in einem echten kampf besteht.
>>
>>36906089
>i've never been in a fight : the post
>>
>>36903268
If the fucking idiot knew how to fight, he wouldn't have had his neck broken.
>>
>>36905409
>rednecks in charge of advice
Lol
>>
>>36906115
>>36906169
>you can't punch someone until they fall and are too scared to get back up and keep fighting
Ok. I'm not talking about murder, just make sure he won't hit you again
>>
>>36905907
Thanks Merkel
>>
>>36906196
Knee to the balls, instant game over.
>>
>>36906196
problem is that you don't knock out someone like in the films and wait for them to wake up uninjured. Putting someone's life at risk for no reasons is the best way to ruin your own life in a very dumb way just because you wanted to look taugh.

>>36906209
a good knee to the balls is a lot harder to do than it seems and you close enough to the perso for him to grab you easily. You don't want to let someone grab you during a fight unless you've trained grappling techniques
>>
>>36906238
>You don't want to let someone grab you during a fight
Yeah you do, so you can knee him in the balls. Or headbutt him in the balls if you're a manlet
>>
>>36906259
Still gotta be trained for that. If not, it's easy to panic and forget what you are supposed to do.
>>
>>36905641
>hit with a vertical fist
kek.

Hit with horizontal fist, protects your chin and adds power to the punch.

OP, learn basics of boxing and learn some wrestling/judo to throw people down.
>>
>>36906383
that's bullshit, because the power isn't delivered in a straight line and you'll be unable to put your body weight in it. look up one inch punch.
>>
>>36906259
Getting grabbed in a fight is bad news usually. Unless you have damn good knowledge of takedown defense, you're going to get put on the ground. Then you run the risk of the other guy knowing wrestling and just dominating you and possibly breaking one of your bones.
>>
>>36907413
On the flip side to that most people who get into street fights have no fucking idea on how to fight. They end up just throwing bombs hoping to connect. If you have even a little bit of training these guys are 0 threat to you. Just dodge their shit and let them gas themselves, then hit them a couple times and it's done.
>>
>>36903247
Agree 100%. Best advice in thread.
>>
>>36902518
>Stand knees slightly bent
>Turn your side to your opponent
>Keep feet shoulder width apart
>Front foot facing opponent
>Back foot no more than 45 degrees turned out
>Arms up, hands close to your face
>Keep your chin down and protecting your neck

>Left jab
>Uncock your fist
>Send your arm forward, turning it so your fist is straight
>Punch opponent
>Return arm to guard

>Right cross
>Uncock your fist
>Turn body
>Send your arm forward, turning it so your fist is straight
>Punch opponent
>Return to guard

>GREEN ZONE
>More than one arm distance from opponent
>They will have to lunge at you to hit you, which gives you time to block or dodge
>Right up against opponent
>They are on the defensive and have no room to respond to your attacks

>RED ZONE
>Within arm's reach of opponent
>You will get hit here
>One wrong hit to the wrong spot of your jaw and you will pass out

Those are as basic as I can get it on a Taiwanese quilt making forum. Honestly man, just fight more. Nothing prepares you for fighting like actually fighting.
>>
>>36902690
We don't talk about project mayhem
>>
>>36908508
>>GREEN ZONE
>>More than one arm distance from opponent
This also gives you the best opportunity to run away, which you totally should do if it ever becomes an option. We live in an age of pussies who might sue you for hurting them. If you want to avoid a lawsuit or potential jail time (even if two adults consent to a fight, it can be considered assault if one is grievously injured), it's best to just run away.
>>
>>36903247
>if you have to fight ALWAYS swing first

except this is illegal
you want your enemy to swing first so you can retaliate in self defense
if you start it it's your fault
>>
>>36908915
what a fucking retard
>>
>>36908935
what was wrong with what he said? he's 100% right, the one to throw the first punch will from then on have a criminal record
>>
>>36909094
Depends on the jurisdiction, but generally, from a legal standpoint, it's not true

Self-defense isn't a "You can't arrest me" thing. It's what you claim in court after you've been arrested, just like Stand Your Ground

On a more practical point, where you're dealing with human cops who usually want to resolve issues with as little fuss (and paperwork) as possible, yeah, they're more likely to arrest the guy who punched first than the other guy. But if someone swings first and the second guy doesn't try to leave or just restrain the first, everybody's probably getting arrested
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.