[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As far as I can remember I always disliked vegetables. Well,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: two-heads-of-broccoli.jpg (40 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
two-heads-of-broccoli.jpg
40 KB, 700x466
As far as I can remember I always disliked vegetables. Well, today I bought some broccoli because everyone here is saying how great it is for your health. Could you guys please post some recipes/tell me how to prepare it so I won't hate it?

If it matters, I will be eating it with grilled chicken and baked potato.
>>
boil it
>>
>>36897212
eat it with cheese sauce
>>
>>36897237
Yeah no.

Put water to boil, with abundant salt.
When it's boiling cook the broccoli in it until it's bright green (a few minutes will be enough) strain it and cool it with cool water.
Grill it.
Enjoy.
>>
>>36897212
Boil it add lemon juice and/or olive oil
>>
Eat it raw you fucking pussy. It takes no time to prepare, has better nutrition than if you cooked it. So what if you don't like it?
>>
>>36897285
>Yeah no
>continues to boil it
ok
>>
>>36897212
Steam it and season with lemon pepper
>>
Steam it and add some lemon on it.
>>36897306
tastes like shit though literally
>>
>>36897212
Boiling broccoli is literally the worst way to cook it.

Too many non-cooking DYEL new-fags here.

Steaming / microwaving is the only non-dumbass way to go. I cook mine in the microwave in a pyrex bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.... you experiment by including things like butter/lemonjuice/garlic until you find something you really like.
>>
>>36897212
I know how you feel. It's really a mental block more than anything else. I grew up hating veggies and it's taken a lot of genuinely hard effort to normalize it.

Here's a recipe that isn't the healthiest way to eat broccoli but helped me overcome the mental aspect. It's really quite tasty.

Mashed Broccoli -
-3 parts broccoli
-1 part peeled, diced potato
-boil until it's soft enough to mash
-drain pot, turn hob down to a low heat
-Add garlic (idk how much. I just sprinkle some granulated on there)
-Add salt. A bit more than you might usually use works well here.
-Add pepper. I like a mix of coarse red/black peppercorns and white powdered pepper but anything will do
-Add chives or spring onions or something. Parsley too if you have it.
-put it back on the hob and just move it around for a few minutes to ensure any excess moisture is gone

That's about it. The broccoli is overcooked by this point so maybe not as good as raw or steamed but it still contains a lot of goodness and it's easy to actually ENJOY it in this form.
>>
>>36897400
Microwaving it wrecks the nutrients you get from it you mongoloïd. Boiling or raw are the only ways to go
>>
File: 1407352501695.png (61 KB, 252x221) Image search: [Google]
1407352501695.png
61 KB, 252x221
>>36897400
>microwaving is the only non-dumbass way to go
>>
>>36897496
>>36897662
No but really, longer time under heat=more nutrients destroyed.
And the microwave requires the least time to thoroughly cook the brocco.
>>
>>36897400
I seriously hope this is bait
>>
Eating isn't something I do for fun tbqh famuel. These days I just throw a bag of spinach into the juicer with water and drink it down.
>>
So unrelated question. All I've got to eat is processed crap: been eating spam, canned beef, and Vienna sausages. It's really starting to make me feel like shit.

Am I better off just starving myself on potatoes and onions? It's the only real food I've got this month and I think I'm gonna die if I keep on with what I'm eating.
>>
>>36897496

t. broscientist
>>
>>36897878
How did you get into this situation? Why don't you have enough money to buy some vegetables and cans of tuna?
>>
>>36897878
Holy shit what do your farts smell like
Buy some cheap canned beans and corn and peppers and make some Mexican chilli before catching scurvy
Fruits in the morning, an omelette too

These are all cheap, low or no prep time foods
Get your shit together
>>
>>36897496
>>36897763
The issue isn't destruction
The issue is leeching

Boiling leeches the most nutrients. Followed by steaming, frying, baking and finally microwaving.
>>
>>36897212
Are you fucking 6? Just eat it plain steamed. Enjoy the bitter greeniness of vegetables. The only vegetable you're allowed to hate is Brussels sprouts. Those taste like armpits.
>>
>>36897937
But muh microwaves are evul
>>
>>36897878
This is why you always make sure you have rice, beans and some frozen veg stocked up senpai.
>>
>>36897851
Sounds great, have you tried tomato juice instead of water?
>>
>>36897851
>>36898055
Also do you not mean blender? A juicer separates the pulp, or do you just mix it back in?
>>
>>36897212
steam it with garlic salt

Then graduate to the true man's veggie: brussel sprouts
>>
I eat this shit all the time.

Cut into pieces, put into bowl, add a bit of water and nuke it for a couple of minutes (this steams the broccoli)

Heat a pan, add some butter, fry up the broccoli and add some salt and pepper. I add garlic too because broccoli goes great with garlic.
>>
>>36897212
Wash it and eat it raw you cunt
>>
I just eat veggies raw. For whatever reason, I can't stand the taste when they're cooked.
>>
File: 1461161851708.jpg (48 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1461161851708.jpg
48 KB, 550x550
Just fucking slice it and cook it with chicken breast...
>>
>there are adults out there who hate vegetables

Worse than children
Just eat your damn food
>>
>>36897212
Buy some nacho cheese and lay it on thick. Toss in microwave for 20 seconds and WHAMO, healthy snack
>>
I put 2 parts cauliflower to 1 part broccoli in the food processor and blitz it until its the the same texture as cous cous. Fry a whole bunch up in a big cast iron pan with butter, garlic, onions and sliced peppers as well as enough spices and soy sauce or whatever to mask the taste of cauliflower. I eat that for lunch most days with baked chicken breast and its just like having chicken and rice or whatever but paleo I guess. Ive dropped a shedload of fat since new year and my shits and general health are glorious.
>>
>>36897212
Steamed broc master race reporting in

1. Cut it to desired size
2. Get a microwave-safe container with lid
3. Put in enough water to coat the bottom
4. Add some salt and the broccoli
5. Put lid on loosely
6. Microwave 8 mins
>>
Does it matter at all if you eat it raw or cooked? I'm partial to raw.
>>
1. Break your broccoli into pieces
2. Put it in a bag and toss with some olive oil (obviously the more olive oil you use, the more calories it will be- I usually do about half a TBSP for a large serving of broccoli)
3. Put the broccoli on some foil
4. Toss some minced garlic over the broccoli
5. Season with a little salt and a lot of pepper
6. Wrap up the broccoli with the foil into a tight little bundle
7. Toss it into a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until bits of the broccoli are starting to get dark
8. Pull it out and squeeze some lemon juice over it

It's delicious.
>>
>>36897212

Bake the potato and scoop out the middle. Mince the cooked chicken and raw broccoli and throw it in with whatever else you want. Grab a spoon and enjoy
>>
I have to control myself when it comes to raw broccoli and spicy hummus, I will eat a mountain.
>>
>>36900829
The amount of dirt you're eating
>>
>>36897496
>le microwave destroys nutrients meme
>>
>>36897878
Get some canned tuna or chicken senpai
>>
>>36897212
Wtf? is this real? I only eat it raw and I never knew people cook or steam it
>>
just eat it and quit being a fucking child. not everything you eat needs to entertain you and yummy for your tummy
>>
>>36897212
I just like it steamed with rice and chicken.
>>
>>36897212
steam it
throw some cheddar cheese on there
you're good to go senpai
>>
PUT EVERYTHING YOU NEED INCLUDING ALL THE SHIT VEGGIES IN A CURRY
>>
>>36897397
>tastes like shit though literally
No it doesn't, I should know because i know what both of those taste like.
>>
>>36902272
>curry

Fuck off pajeet, don't you have 1x8 curls to do in front of the dumbbell rack?
>>
>>36897397
You ate shit before? Ayy
>>
Roast it. Can't believe no one has said that.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.