[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I rarely see this brought up on /fit/ but the portion size that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: truth-about-portion-distortion.png (449 KB, 1900x1484) Image search: [Google]
truth-about-portion-distortion.png
449 KB, 1900x1484
I rarely see this brought up on /fit/ but the portion size that fat people consider normal is actually not normal at all. If you are fat, take what you eat and cut it in half. That's what a normal person should eat.

Also water is the only thing you should drink with a meal. It is not normal to drink 140 calories with every meal.
>>
Nigger, who the fuck vacuums for an hour and 30 minutes
>>
>a 130 pound person

who the fuck was this made for? women and asian men?
>>
>serving sizes are tiny
>packed with garbage
>nothing but starches salts fats and sugars
>people eat a whole $1.50 bag of chips not realizing its 3+ servings

When will it be mandated foods must have their total values printed along side the individual serving values? Only then may fatties understand how much garbage they're consuming.
>>
that was the first thing I realized when I started eating better just read the serving size on shit I remember I would eat those Elios pizza squares and thats like 1000 calories because you're supposed to cut it into three slices but I bet nobody does
>>
>>36886960
That fucking picture makes no fucking sense. what the actual fuck.

A 4oz burger with a slice of cheese, lettuce and a bun is still the exact same number of calories as a fucking burger 20 years ago.

What method of testing did they use? Was there a control? What brands of foods did they test? Why the fuck did the exercise change from a 130 pound person to a 160 pound person for the pizza?

Just fucking say bigger portions mean more calories, don't make up some dumb fucking picture. Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
Just saying... portion size increasing over the years with the rate of overweight and obese people does not correlate. To directly measure that there would be way too many things to consider to factor.

People are bad at portion size and controlling their diets. DUH.
>>
>>36887018
Hotel maids.
>>
>portion sizes are huge
>still have trouble shoveling 3500 calories down mouth
lanklet life
>>
>>36887039
Pft. I doubt they can read at all.
>>
>>36887109
its like that shitty documentary Fed Up where they have to say 100 cals of nuts is not the same as 100 cals of Coke

like fucking duh its not really that much of an attention grabber if someone had to tell you that you're literally retarded
>>
>>36886960
Lol at the coffee one. Kind of a strawman to assume everyone's drinking coffee with steamed milk and mocha syrup like people don't take just milk and sugar all the time
>>
>>36887109
stupid nerd
>>
>>36887109
I was trying to find a better picture but I am lazy.

>>36887124
the main point is that it is no secret portion size has ballooned over the decades in restaurants and at home. this defines an ever-increasing "new normal" for what people consider an average meal. I have even noticed it in my own behavior over the past 10 years.
>>
>>36887149
the whole picture scream "this is why i'm fat its not my fault 21st century just gettin me down all bodies matter"
>>
What if I eat a large ass portion of healthy shit?
>>
>>36887178
that's one way and probably a better way to do it. I don't think it is a controversial opinion to say the average american could benefit by eating more vegetables and less of everything else.
>>
>>36887039
here in europe, there is always a per 100g on there.
>>
>>36886960
Portion control doesn't stop hunger, IIFYM is the dumbest thing to tell a fat person to follow
>>
>>36887178
basically no such thing as generally "healthy shit".

If you eat something, and you're getting more calories from it than you're burning over the course of the day, you're gonna get fat

If you eat something, and you get less calories from it than you're burning over the course of the day, you're gonna lose weight

It's true that there's a difference between the four macros, some making you feel more full (making it easier to lose weight), some less, some being more important to prevent muscle loss, some spiking your insulin harder, and it's true that some foods have a lot of sodium (which isn't great) and that some have really unhealthy fats (hydrogenated/trans-fats/omega-6) and some have really healthy fats (omega-3), but in the big picture, being in a healthy weight-range matters way more than any of that.

If you need to lose weight, your TDEE is 2000 kcals, you've already eaten 2000kcals today, and you're eating an apple, then yes, that apple is unhealthy for you at that point in time.
>>
>>36886960
>only water during meals
>Not drinking glorious almond milk with dinner
chyeaa
>>
>>36887317
What to eat to decrease mussle loss? While being calorie negative.
>>
>>36887706
Protons
>>
>>36887706
*Lots* of protein, mainly. Check out what other people eat on a cut. Some studies have shown that BCAA supplements help as well. Some protein powder comes already with extra BCAA in it. You also want to make sure that you do not have a vitamin D or omega-3 deficiency.

You could consider doing a carb cycle to avoid insulin resistance.
>>
>>36887315
fat people often eat way more than what is actually needed to satisfy their hunger.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-22-18-45-02.png (124 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-22-18-45-02.png
124 KB, 1440x2560
>>36887038
>a real man burning calories

Walking downtown Chicago.

Gimme more burgers!
>>
File: 1457827196044.jpg (21 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
1457827196044.jpg
21 KB, 628x676
>>36887196
>>
>>36886960
well guess what, i drink my coffee plain
45 calories -> 4 calories
-41 calorie difference
suck it
>>
>>36887160
Well, "normal" portions have been getting bigger, that's true. Part of it is that food is cheap, and another factor that I think contributes is the size of people's dishes.

Pay attention to the plates/bowls you're eating off of, at home or at a restaurant. When you eat, you usually fill up your plate with food (same at a restaurant). If you're using big-ass 20-30 inch plates, you're going to eat huge portions of food, because people are used to using "platefulls" of food as "portions" of food.

Use smaller plates and bowls, and you'll feel a difference in the amount of food you feel like you've eaten.
>>
>>36886960
>lifting weight burns so little
Damn, you burn more by walking.
>>
>>36887160
>the main point is that it is no secret
Telling everybody about it seems like a fantastic waste of time then, doesn't it?
>>
>>36888679
Kind of unrelated, but estimated calories burned is the worst part of UA Record/ MyFitnessPal. It says 45 minutes of upperbody weight lifting burns 305 calories. I guess it overestimates so women using it don't go anorexic or something, but goddamn.
>>
File: Masterrace.png (263 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Masterrace.png
263 KB, 1440x2560
>>36887943
>only 12000

Fucking pleb
>>
>>36888679
Weight lifting burning more calories has always been a meme.
The act of walking alone uses almost every muscle in the body and considering you weight at least 150lbs, that's a lot of weight to move around for an hour.

Consider the alternative, you are lifting weights.
You are sitting/standing/squatting/laying back.
Automatically using less than half your bodies muscles. You are usually doing a few sets and than you are taking a break generally.

Some form of cardio should be implemented or you'll end up fat as shit like /plg/.
>>
>>36886960
just eat less. desu it only really bothers me when eating out. id rather pay less for less food, because it sucks when you reheat it the following day.
>>
>>36887943
Whats the app name?
>>
>>36886960
>not drinking 8 cups of black coffee per day
>>
>>36890630
Most of calories in coffee in oppic are milk and sugar anyway, coffee itsekf is so low on calories it's almost insignificant
>>
>>36890397
fucking homeless son of a bitch
>>
>>36890656
coffee by itself has less than 1 calorie per pot of coffee which is something like 4-5 glasses of coffee.
>>
>>36886960
>america
Never been, but i hear the standard portion there is massive
>>
>>36886960
>If you are fat, take what you eat and cut it in half.
I could just slap the shit out of you.
>just make more vague guesses about how many calories you're eating!
That's the advice you're giving.
Are you on the spectrum or something, OP?

Fatties need to count calories, accurately and honestly, and that means weighing and measuring everying calorie dense. There's literally no other way if you want to actually have control over your body composition.
>>
>>36887317
>basically no such thing as generally "healthy shit".
Meat and fish.
>>
>>36890803
Bad in excess
>>
>>36887018
People with big houses
>>
>>36890760
>implying fatties dont eat way too many calories
>>
>>36890910
You're on the spectrum, aren't you?
>>
>based on a 130 pound person

shoo shoo
>>
>>36890918
The non retarded spectrum yes
I can see youre off it
>>
File: Laugh-Meme-05.jpg (55 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
Laugh-Meme-05.jpg
55 KB, 991x902
>>36890931
>he admits to being 'on the spectrum'
>>
>>36890910
Hey I thought you autistic types were really good at things like reading? Because apparently your reading comprehension sucks ass.
>>
>>36887109
Little did you know that people have been INJECTING CALORIES in the auras of the food itself. Just looking at certain foods can make you fatter.
>>
>>36890894
The only way you could eat excessive amounts of meat and fish is if it was literally the only thing you ate.

I don't care about what jew dieticians have to say, nor is it accurate that all meat is hormonated GMOed to shit american frankenmeat
>>
>>36890958
where can I buy injectable calories, seems easier for a bulk
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.