[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently went on a diet, 4 months ago, I starded at 247, i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: progress.png (1 MB, 1152x712) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
1 MB, 1152x712
I recently went on a diet, 4 months ago, I starded at 247, i'm 5'9 and I am currently 205.

I Legit cannot see a difference, except in my face when i turn to an angle. Can someone please help me ? I heard strrangers will be able to see the difference mostly.

Also what do you estimate to be my before bf% and my current bf%?
>>
>>36885322
it looks like you started at around 40-45% body fat. Most visual changes don't start until you lose around 15-20% body fat from where you started.

With that said, there is some visual differences in your before and after photos.

Keep what you are doing up.

Keep lifting, keep dieting. Just lead an active lifestyle.

Learn to be OK with the fact that it will take a long time before you get to a point where you are satisfied. Learn to love the process.
>>
>>36885386
What do you estimate my current BF? and thank you for the inspiring words, man.
>>
>>36885400
use this calculator: http://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat

If you don't have a tape measurer, print out a ruler http://www.vendian.org/mncharity/dir3/paper_rulers/ and use your phone charging cable, or belt to measure the body parts.
>>
>>36885400
just guessing you look like you are at 30% body fat http://cdn.builtlean.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/body-fat-percentage-men-1.jpg
>>
>>36885529
I've actually used that! they said I was 22 percent bodyfat? Does that look right?
>>
>>36885542
Someone else told me that, that makes sense... BTW do you know how many lbs need to be lost to lost 5% bodyfat? generally?
>>
it changes since it's a percentage of your total weight.

At 205lbs and 30% body fat. that means that you have 61.5lbs of fat on your body. Remember though nobody ever gets to 0% body fat. Normally like 12-15% is fit.

So assume half of 61.5lbs is around 30lbs. So 30lbs more to lose until you get to around 15%. probably 1/3 that is 5% body fat. so I'm thinking like 10lbs per 5% body fat

My math could be totally off and I am just guessing your bf%
>>
File: Snapshot_20160422_8.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20160422_8.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>36885630
I see, thanks for working that out for me! BTW when I look in the mirror I look fatter than I do in these pictures, I'm afraid it's throwing off the reality of it.
>>
>>36885688
Do I still look about 30% bf?
>>
>>36885698
eh... hard to say. maybe I'd say 30-35%

It's not too bad. You could probably get down another 40lbs by November/December

How much of a calorie deficit are you cutting per day?
>>
>>36885842
If you haven't already, start cutting your carbs significantly. I know /fit has a circle jerk about low carb diets, but they really do work.

I do week days of low carb (under 30grams) and weekends I eat complex carbs like beans and brown rice. I give my self one solid cheat day per week as long as I workout hard that same day.
>>
>>36885322
fuck anon, if u reach 10-15% ull look like a young tom cruise, go senpai
>>
>>36885860
here's my 2 cents
I agree with this guy, eliminating completely carbs only for one month did a drastic change for me, and I'm not exaggerating.. I don't know how I can persuade you, but once my exams are over I'm going to do the same routine.
Carbs (pasta,rice bread etc) are not in our natural diet, hence it is really unhealthy. It seems like you gain weight pretty easily just like I do, so cutting it would make tremendous change in your face, belly and gut.
You are in the right path bro, stay positive and keep up the good work. Do a lot of cardio meanwhile
>>
>>36885978
set me the diet plan please m80
>>
File: 1460507635295.jpg (431 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1460507635295.jpg
431 KB, 3264x2448
Your flame is bright
>>
>>36886013
I didn't have one, but breakfast I would wrap salami around boiled egg
afternoon and night would vary, I ate a lot of vegetables (broccoli,cauliflower, carrots) alongside meat (nuggets, cordon-bleu allowed since its cheap). fruits when i get hungry.
Do this for 1 month, and when you see the results you will automatically get the inspiration to keep up. Like I said before, lots of cardio meanwhile.
>>
>>36885842
i eat about 800 cals a day.
>>
>>36885688
you're literally excactly the same height and weight as me. you look slightly bigger though, so you might have less muscle. are you lifting too?

I went as low as 172lbs 9 months ago before I fugged it up and went back to where you are now, but trust me, keep doing it, you are literally on the tipping point where you will start to see progress that much faster from now.

also, any special kind of diet? workout routines? cardio?
>>
>>36886314
I am not currently lifting, but I have before, I have decent muscle, I can curl 35 lbs on a dumbell
>>
>>36886323
I used to be able to curl more than that, so I'm guessing I do have alil more, or just better genetics, but I don't wanna blow my own horn, I've been through almost excactly the same as you have (266lbs at my heaviest), so I know it's shit when you stop seeing progress.

>>36886313
if this is also you, I'd sa that's a bit low, your maintenance is around 2500-3000 cals a day, mostly anything under 1900 would be at deficit, at least it is for me. if you eat too little you're gonna burn some muscle too, which will make progress less visible. don't rush this shit man, it'll take time, but it'll be worth it
>>
>>36886314
I should elaborate, I eat about 800-1500 cals a day, depending on whatever, I drink 5-6 bottles of water a day. I sometimes walk, but I (and sorry for mentioning this) Jack off a lot, which I feel helps my calories burnt, because they say it burns a good 300 cals per session.

>>36885918
You think so? I look like him? Hell Yeah! Recently I was struck really hard by people telling my I'm ugly, but this right here, I'm about to cry how happy it made me.

>>36885978

I will, maybe the carbs are the missing puzzle peice I need?? Damn I'm excited!!
>>
>>36886368
You're right man, maybe instead of only eating dinner and occasionally lunch, I'll make a meal plan?
>>
>>36885322
Keep going, you've made some serious health gains. At your starting weight, you surely had lots of fat built up around internal organs. That's the largest hazard to your health, so your body will prioritize that fat when you're cutting. Ýou've more than likely reduced your risk of all kinds of health problems significantly already. Stay at it, you'll get there!
>>
>>36886388
Oh my god, that makes sense! Holy shit, I didn't think of this! I'm a healthier me now, My organs are better.. Thank you soo much for telling me this.
>>
>>36886384
honestly, I'd reccommend IF for you my man, it's what I'm doing now, and I see progress after just 2 weeks. you can combine it with low carb if you want though, I personally don't, mostly because my budget is tighter than a baby's asshole. I did keto/low-carb this time last year, and yeah, it works like a motherfucker, but it could be abit hard to keep consistent, and the tastiest foods that fit snuggly in there are usually a little costly.
>>
>>36886424
IF as in Intermittent fasting? I did that for about a week where I would eat dinner, then fast for 24 hours, I lost about 10 lbs doing that pretty quick.. Good Idea! I'll probably do the Low carb too, Food has not been really super appealing to me since I've been on the diet, so I can go for mainly meat/ low carb cheap stuff. So yeah, I'll do IF and low carb! My god I'm so excited!!
>>
>>36886370
>jack off a lot
>300 cals per session
>>
>>36886370
>300 cals per session.
dont chose jacking off over walking/running for calorie burn, because its just not true, you're not burning 300 cals per session unless youre masturating furiously sweating for 1 hour
>>36886370
>You think so? I look like him? Hell Yeah! Recently I was struck really hard by people telling my I'm ugly, but this right here, I'm about to cry how happy it made me.

People tend to view someone as ugly based on their appearance more than face, so if you're fat ,ungroomed and over all not clean people will say you're ugly,from pics you're not ugly, in fac you should be ashamed because you have pretty symmetrical face and good features and you're wasting all that being fat.
>>
>>36886459
dude, 24 hour could be abit much, just do 8/16, with 8 hour being the eating window and 16 being fasting. have 2 big meals with little calorie during those 8 hours and drink a lot of water, and that'll be more than enough my dude.

also, just for a bro-tip; this might not be that healthy, but it will not hinder progress; if you have a crazy sweet tooth like me, no-calorie sodas (Coke Zero, Pepsi Max) and sugar-free gum are a god-send, especially because you can have em during the fasting period. don't forget that fasting means not eating food, you can still drink.

and don't get too excited with this either, because if you overdo it, it'll be nothing but bad for ya, both mentally and physically.
>>
>>36886464
I know it sounds ridiculous, but apparently some Japanese scientists said something about that, and an orgasm burns about 60-100 calories because of the protein needing replacement or something like that

>>36886469
I wish I could give you a hug right now man, I just am so inspired and happy because of the things your saying, before this thread, I felt like losing weight to get healthier and stronger, but now I feel like I really have potential to be a decent looking person, I've never felt like that before, thank you and thank you all so much
>>
>>36886512
I'll check out the 8/16 it seems more realistic to do. And TELL me about it, 0 calorie sodas are the bomb.com. And you're right, gotta be level headed and do everything good and in moderation.
>>
>>36885322

I'm in the same boat as you, OP. I was as 315, and now I'm at 277.

I've had friends, family, and coworkers tell me I look thinner, but I'm just not seeing it.
>>
>I wish I could give you a hug right now man, I just am so inspired and happy because of the things your saying, before this thread, I felt like losing weight to get healthier and stronger, but now I feel like I really have potential to be a decent looking person, I've never felt like that before, thank you and thank you all so much

here's another tip, because i've been in the same situation as you are: In life just focus on being a better version of yourself, dont give any attention to other people, just do what you think its right, dont lose weight for others-do it for yourself so YOU can feel better about yourself, same goes for everything, read books, do anything to be better.
>>
File: 1461064778996s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1461064778996s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>36886539
Definitely. honestly dude, just keep the calories in check, I'd say between 1200-1500 a day should be the goal, allow yourself a cheat meal (that's meal, not day) every once in a while, and just be patient. The worst part for you from now on is that shit will feel like it's not working because it will start to take more time.

If you feel like it's taking too long, and progress is slow; don't give up, let it motivate you. The reason it's going slower is because you've lost a lot, and it's harder to burn when you have less, because the amount of calories you NEED drop along with your weight.

also, even if it sometimes is tempting, try to never dip below 1200 cals a day. lose the weight too fast, and that'll give ya loose skin and saggy titties. I've been excactly where you are and lower on the scale, and I don't have it, so just be smart about it, and you'll kill it at the beach next summer, my dude. convince yourself you lift for both health and aesthetics evenly, and everything will get easier to keep in check.
>>
>>36886544
If they say it, then it is, trust me. People don't tell me I look thinner, but If someone is saying it to you, then you truly do. BTW I'm proud of you for your weight loss.
>>
>>36886583
You're right. I need to see this as a ball of clay that I can personalise and become a better thing, for myself.

>>36886621
That's what I'm gonna do. I'll adhear to a strict scheduel, I'll do 1200 cals a day. And you know another benifit of that? I'll have more than enough to eat, so I'll be satiated, and still lose weight!

And saggy titties are a definite not want!

Oh man by the way, I'm super proud of you for losing the weight, you're knowledgeable as hell and you are doing really good helping others like myself.
>>
>>36886683
Dude, when I've been excactly where you are, it's no worries helping out. And since I am where you are right now, I'll race ya. expecting to see you in a progress thread on here in about 6 months when we're closer to/reached our goals.

just for curiosity's sake, what's your goal weight?
>>
>>36886717
My Goal Weight is 165.

But hell, i'll be happy at 175!

Let's do it let's race! 6 months.

October 21st is my birthday, that's about 6 months from now, I'll post it then!

Oh BTW whats your goal weight?
>>
>>36885322

Don't give up OP, you're so close to where you're really going to notice a difference in appearance. And you're already a lot healthier. I believe in you!
>>
>>36886791
I feel it, Thank you so much for believing in me, I am so inspired right now, and it's because of Everyone in this thread.
>>
>>36886740
165 here too, been close before, so this time I'm bringing it home.
I'll just look for the young Tom Cruise in October then ;)
>>
>>36886638

I wish I had some pictures when I was at my heaviest to compare to, but thanks anon.

Do you think I could get to 265 by mid-July in time for the beach?
>>
>>36886830
Haha, And Tommy here expects to see the super fit you there too man!

>>36886935
Of course you can, Hell I know you can. No doubt. 265 will be Eassssy to do by mid july! BTW how tall are you man?
>>
>>36885322
Your cheeks and lips make you look really feminine

Nice blush faggot
>>
>>36885322
I have this theory that if fat people were any good at telling when people are gaining or losing weight they wouldn't be fat in the first place
So really don't worry about it, you clearly can't trust your perception, so trust the numbers
>>
>>36887016

5ft 10

I'm not going to lie: I'm probably going to add a couple pounds during my beach week. But my big goal right now is to get to 250 by October.
>>
>>36885322
There is some difference. You're still a fat fucking fuck, keep going and don't be a pussy
>>
>>36885322

you look like a low test psycho killer

also nice gyno kek
>>
>>36885322
your tits arent as big, neither is your belly

you were 250 lbs at 5'9 dude. I'm 5'9 and i can only picture how much of a fat fuck i'd be at 250 lbs. even 205 is high. you need to lose another 40 lb

So lose another 40 lb
>>
>>36887403
I'm 19 I'm hoping to get rid of the gyno soon...

>>36887199
You can def get to 265 by mid july, hell maybe even 255
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.