[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is training fasted something you shouldn't do under any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Is training fasted something you shouldn't do under any circumstances or it doesn't matter at all? Should i eat something before hitting the gym in the morning while im on a cut or is it better to train fasted?
>>
you'll have to try it and see, some people can do it and some people can't. personally i can have some coffee and a piece of fruit and lift as well as if i go after lunch.
>>
minimally get your protein in before and a 40/30/30 after
>>
Training fasted can be fun, but you'll have less energy and be less able to push yourself to the limit most of the time. Occasionally you'll hit that one fasted session once you're used to it that makes you wish every session could be like it, fasted or not, but it's rare and won't happen if you're thinking about your hunger.
>>
>>36866328
>>36866360
so is it only about the energy and feeling at the gym? Does is have anything to do with burning muscle while traning fasted on a cut?
>>
i do intermittent fasting, I don't eat before 4PM until 9PM.

If I lift in the morning it's fine, in the afternoon I feel tired and do shitty workout.

What could I do to have more energy? I don't wanna drop IF.
>>
Benefits from training fasted is broscience. Experiment with different methods and find what feels comfortable.

I consider supper the first meal of my daily routine, and try to organize my feeding schedule so I'm never stuffed before I run or cross train. Basically, I want just enough food so I don't get distracted by hunger pangs, but I want to be really hungry by the time I'm done. Intermittent fasting is the easiest way for me to manage my exercise routine, and it's the only way I have been able to successfully lose fat.
Sample day
>Snack on raw veggies while making dinner.
>Dinner always consists of protein, vegetables and a starch. Sometimes as stew, or chili, or simple BBQ meat and potatoes. Sometimes I'll get fancy and do a big roast; other times something complex like dumplings.
>Eat dinner, wait a minimum of 1.5 hours before sleeping.
>+/- snack, usually frozen fruit, some yogurt or both if I'm really manging.
>Drink a full glass of water and take nightly meds.
>Lift weights (full body twice a week only)
>Yoga (every night)
>Read books.
>Sleep 5-7 hours (chronic insomnia).
>Drink a full glass of water with morning medications.
>Maybe make a cup of tea or coffee.
>Usually around now I have my first poo of the day.
>Make a protein smoothy, two cups of frozen fruit, regular yogurt, this local organic hemp protein+fibre powder, and whole milk.
>Drink smoothy, putter around house doing light housework until I wake up.
>Final bathroom trip
>Running
>>Smoke a doob
>>Hour long walk, run home.
>Maybe hit up the post office or the grocery store if I need something quick so I don't stank the whole place up.
>Get home, preheat oven.
>Shower time
>Bake a protein to eat for lunch, usually with a whole bunch of fresh veggies and some good bread, sometimes with a small bowl of soup if I'm really hungry.
>Glass of (chocolate) milk for dessert.
>Only water/coffee/tea until dinner time.
>>
>>36867202
try some sort of preworkout like coffee, green tea extract, or straight up caffeine?
>>
Just fuel before bed. 50g of fast digesting carbs before bed when you're training in the morning. You'll have plenty of energy for your workout
>>
>>36866322
>only eat one meal a day of 1100 cals
>hungry hunger pangs start around 12:00
>lift before meal.
>suddenly hunger is gone.

i dont know senpai.
>>
Get some proteins 2 hours before you workout
>>
>>36867347
M8 fuck off. Exercising while low on insulin and high on glucagon is not broscience. Your body will pull glucose out of fat stores, it simply has to.
>>
>>36867522
Nigga DYEL?
>>
>>36866322
I don't know about you but if I squat or deadlift real heavy even like 5 hours after my meal I feel sick. I train in the morning before my first meal.
>>
>>36867522
This. Plus there's other benefits that fasting has aside from its bodybuilding benefits.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.