[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this in the mail today! Has anyone else used it? thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: newrules.jpg (26 KB, 300x370) Image search: [Google]
newrules.jpg
26 KB, 300x370
Just got this in the mail today! Has anyone else used it? thoughts?

So far, I like some of the clarifications it makes. What I really wanted it for was to help me get started lifting instead of noodling around on machines with no direction and plan of action for what muscles/what days. The book recommends only lifting 3 times a week though. I was under the impression that as long as I use different muscles, it should be okay.
>>
>>36865935
rules of lifting for women: dont. just dont be fat

there, the perfect body awaits you. wasnt that hard?
>>
There are no new rules for lifting for women. The rules of lifting has been figured out a long time ago, nothing has changed since then.

"a breakthrough fitness an diet plan for women"
That is just use of buzzwords to sell you some shit. It looks like its bullshit and you fell for a sales gimmick
>>
couple of thing's I've read in my "research"

the mechanics remain the same

muscle cross sectional the same

difference in upper body/lower body in term of muscle amount may differ

women don't have the same acute response men do with testosterone (production wise not receptors)

growth hormones may play a bigger effect for women (they tend to have more chronic elevated GH)

2nd cycle of their menstrual cycle shows and higher elevated GH response and at resting as well

women respond "better" with 3x10 (75%RM) vs a higher intensity 3-5 rep scheme

I saved you from reading that book.

Fuck you pay me.
>>
>>36866020

In fairness, I think part of the fact that women respond 'better' to the 3x10 is the percentage rules are just flat-out different for women. They tolerate volume at high intensity way better on average and will get seriously shortchanged if they try and use the numbers usually floating around.
>>
>>36866020
Solid advice. I have another book on basic human anatomy, called The Strength Training Anatomy and I drew a lot of the same conclusions about the mechanices and muscle cross. I'm not much for buying books, and googling is kind of exhausting because there are SO many ways of doing one thing. Fitness magazines have good ideas, but I need a solid DOalbe regimen. The book seemed as good as any, and a girlfriend of mine recommended it. Why not, we try it together. I am sure there ARE differences between men and women, but I am prone to agree with you about your post. I didn't consider the GH during the stages of a period though.
>>
It's a knowledgeable book. The reason for working out 3x a week is they are full body routines. Body splits is why you are accustomed to lifting more than 3x a week
>>
I bought the book for an ex gf. I read it out of curiosity. It goes into how too much anterior work can be problematic for women. It goes into how women repond to doms
>>
>>36866064
maybe, but It may or may not be the mechanical stressor -> hormonal response which may be different between men and women (test)

>>36865935
you want to lift heavy compounds to get that acute hormonal response then rest inbetween to prevent neurological/hormonal fatigue
>>
File: 1447250633484.jpg (27 KB, 321x358) Image search: [Google]
1447250633484.jpg
27 KB, 321x358
>>36865935
I'd suggest you read the sticky, ya fat cunt.
>>
>>36866156

The hormonal response is different, but the differences in response to a given volume/intensity are huge as well. A max effort three for a guy might well be a lower percent than a sets across five for many women. The result is that 'normal' routines based off a guys program often don't work well for women because they're just too damn light to get the response.
>>
And how heavy lifting is over looked by females. The routines have intervals as well as rep schemes. You will possibly need certain machines for certain exercise s the recomend as well as free weights. Its old knowledge repackaged. It's a good book for novices or anyone new to timed intervals. Give it a go worst case you learn what doesn't work for ya
>>
I can't stand high reps, load on as much weight as I can and do 3-5 reps, makes your look more feminine and stronk as fuck.
>>
>>36866149
doms? Like dominant? Dominant whats?

>>36866156
Really interesting, I hadn't considered that. Thank you for the info
>>
Delayed onset muscle soreness d.o.m.s
>>
>>36866201
Learning all the time! Thanks.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.